Bookshelf speaker which can play great at low volume.

Thank you Mr. Vivek.....as per your report,it is a vast realm to explore. By the way, how can I get FLAC file to play through Marantz 6013?
If you have FLAC files on a pc then you can use hdmi interface, connect your pc to your av receiver with good hdmi cable. Play the files in some good player on pc like foo bar or alike and that's it.

I have the 3020i as my surrounds , 3090I as the center and Concept20 as front LR. This setup sounds really good for movies and music as well with my denonx2600h. I also have a Maranzt PM6006 stereo amp , i just swap the cables at the back of the Front LR speaker whenever i want to listen to this setup (will buy a switch in the future).

If you watch even 30% of movies , i would recommend you to invest in a center channel and stereo//power amp to begin with. The center channel does make a huge difference to the movie watching experience and the stereo amp to your dedicated music experience. While satellites do add to the experience , i feel a 3.1 setup would do majority of the processing (with Center and Sub doing the most). You can experiment the same by borrowing a center channel from a friend if possible to test it out

Hello All,

Thanks to this forum, I bought my HT system (Marantz 1508 + Boston Acoustic A23)
i have been using this system for a year now and I am quite happy.

Now I am planning to upgrade my LR speakers so here I am again for suggestions.

I am specially looking for speaker which play good even at low volume as I live in apartment (room size is 14x10)

I read that speakers with higher sensitivity can play with greater details even at lower volume, is it true? What other factors/specification should I consider?

I was thinking of Klipsch RP-15 , Q Acoustic 3020.

Thanks
Though I am not sure about the kind of music you listen to , would like to inform that a very senior and respected audiophile has posted an Omega speaker for sale here in this forum. Also it may be a good idea , if this is an option , to do low volume listening in the dead of the night when the ambient noise is very low.

rather than changing speakers a more powerful amp will do justice for what u want

Also try tower speakers, they will give good output at low volume

i have mission mx3 towers and they perform descent at low volume, though not upto my liking

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back