Bookshelf Suggestions for Home Theater and Music to be paired with other Paradigm Speakers and Anthem AVR

sunster

I am planning to go for a bigger TV which will require the existing Paradigm Floorstanders to be replaced by smaller speakers (Bookshelves) There are 2 questions. 1) The entire system is Paradigm in a 5.1.2 setup. The avr is Anthem MRX 720. Which Bookshelves would match this setup. Im looking at Wharfedale or Dali etc.
2) Maximum width of the speakers I can install is 7.5 inches. Any suggestions. Im also looking online.
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

• Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    Webp.net-resizeimage.jpg
    910 KB · Views: 74
I am planning to go for a bigger TV which will require the existing Paradigm Floorstanders to be replaced by smaller speakers (Bookshelves) There are 2 questions. 1) The entire system is Paradigm in a 5.1.2 setup. The avr is Anthem MRX 720. Which Bookshelves would match this setup. Im looking at Wharfedale or Dali etc.
2) Maximum width of the speakers I can install is 7.5 inches. Any suggestions. Im also looking online.
Thanks for your help.
Just my take on your plan. Re-planning audio gears for the purpose of Video is not a good idea. Best leave it as it is or get a better tv but same size. Going to bookshelf from tower and not liking the soundstage will be a huge disappointment for you. Well since you got the upgrade bug if you provide your budget FM’s can guide you better. You have an ocean of good bookshelf’s available in the market.

Thanks for your help.

As @Love4sound suggested , Bookshelves can not match the sound output of Towers.
Try to rearrange your setup in bigger space so that it accommodates your new tv + speakers.

But if this setup is mandatory then,

First try whether you can get same center channel speaker 2 nos , and replace with towers. ( Bookshelves will have 1 mid bass driver , where as your center channel will have two mid bass driver , Any day it should be better than bookshelves)

if it does not work out,
Try to find a bookshelves with same Power watts output as Towers + Frequency response + Size of Woofer + tweeter etc

Try
Monitor audio Studio monitors
Paradigm Monitor studio storm
Klipsch RP-600M Reference Premiere
KEF Q350
..etc

Try the KEF LS50 or the old Kef R300.They both are great speakers. The new KEF R3 is too expensive and hence I recommend the old one.

How about a projector with an acoustically tranparent screen in front of the speakers?

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back