Best Bookshelves and Center to pair with Anthem MRX 720 for LCR

sunster

Hi. I’m planning to get Bookshelves and a Center channel to pair with my Anthem MRX 720 for LCR. I’m also open to on wall speakers. The height I have from the floor is about 23 inches. These speakers will replace my existing paradigm floorstanders which I will remove to accommodate a bigger tv. See enclosed pic for an idea. EC8D682D-78A4-436F-B57E-0F5C06791029.jpeg

What is the size of tv right now and what size you intend to go with. You could try to pull the floor standers 6" out from the tv and try out with your new tv.

Hi. I’m planning to get Bookshelves and a Center channel to pair with my Anthem MRX 720 for LCR. I’m also open to on wall speakers. The height I have from the floor is about 23 inches. These speakers will replace my existing paradigm floorstanders which I will remove to accommodate a bigger tv. See enclosed pic for an idea. View attachment 43713
What is the width of the towers you are using now? I think you need to plan BS with the same width. There is a ocean of choices so if you can mention your budget for LCR it will be easy to shortlist few

Budget is around 50000. Can go a bit more.
Ok the usual suspects in that price range for LCR are Taga harmony,Polk and stretch a bit you get wharfadale and q-acoustics. But in this budget i don't know if you can match the current performance. Try to audition first and see if you will be satisfied with the sound stage.

I don’t mind stretching my budget for performance. Probably to even a lakh
Well then you can get good LCR. I think you can just change LR first. Later if you think the current paradigm center doesn't blend well with the LR you can change . You can look at Dali, Kef, Q-acoustics. XTZ 95 series is also good VFM. You can get Centre and Bookshelves within 90K

Last edited:
Definitive technology have GEM XL speakers with slim profile and can be well mounted . You may check them as LCR and performance is at par with similar price bookshelf and Center speaker from other brands.

Consider the Focal Sib XL as LCR if you want compact speakers.
I’m using one for centre channel with Anthem.

Hi. I’m planning to get Bookshelves and a Center channel to pair with my Anthem MRX 720 for LCR. I’m also open to on wall speakers. The height I have from the floor is about 23 inches. These speakers will replace my existing paradigm floorstanders which I will remove to accommodate a bigger tv. See enclosed pic for an idea. View attachment 43713
Based on the photo provided ,Before upgrading try the possible option as below.
Try to widen the FS as far as possible if there is an option to do so.(From listening postionIncluded angle recommended by Dolby is 44 to 60 degree ,best will be at 60 degree)this will improve the front sound stage.
Also the FS is very close to the wall ,check whether it can be provided with a space.Since it is a living room check the possible solution.

Try to widen the FS as far as possible if there is an option to do so.(From listening postionIncluded angle recommended by Dolby is 44 to 60 degree ,best will be at 60 degree)this will improve the front sound stage.
Also the FS is very close to the wall ,check whether it can be provided with a space.Since it is a living room check the possible solution.
Can’t move the fs rajith

42B54DBE-E960-4D19-9FC8-BD9C5A863039.jpeg42B54DBE-E960-4D19-9FC8-BD9C5A863039.jpeg87BB17AF-F90E-4C7A-908D-632BACB93EF8.jpeg

Can’t move the fs rajith
If you are happy with the FS performance, don't change them. Try a different layout but it will be difficult for you to get a good BS to match the performance of a well tuned FS. I had sold my Monitor Audio FS to accommodate BS but to date I repent having sold them. Integrating a good sub with the BS is also slightly tedious.

Thanks Amarendra. The plan is to upgrade this Tv to a 65 oled for which the FE will have to be replaced. So options are bookshelves or On walls.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back