Borderlinx Usage to Import gadgets

antoniodias

Hi Members,
I am a lot confused about how the borderline works. I normally buy electronics from US using eBay by paying through PayPal from members who sell internationally. I read that one can still buy from from eBay from non international seller using Borderlinx.
1)Can someone explain in deep the exact procedure involved.
2) since they are tied up with DHL can we get customs duty estimate as well.
3) how about if the seller sends as gift, with value mentioned as 0, would we still be charged for custom duty?
4) if any of our members used borderlinx, could they give us their experience with shipping and duty from the US.
5) What is the limit one can purchase using credit card to import . I believe the Indian government sets a limit on conversions of Indian currency.
I appreciate your effort, and thank in advance to all who take effort in answering my queries.
Regards from Antonio

Using Borderlinx is very easy. They provide upfront assessment on the duties based on package size, weight, value and type.
I have used it a number if times for small goods like lego toys or large items lije a subwoofer.
GST has no impact, they will give the price inclusive if GST and you can take a decision on overall cost.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dear Member,
I wanted to purchase a used technics TT on eBay. Since the seller is not an international seller, I cannot bid. How do I used borderline in such a situation?

Another seller has also a TT and he only ships to US address. He is also willing to declare this TT as Gift. Though it is costing 250 US $. He tells me to use borderlinx. Does borderlinx need the invoice even if he is private individual seller? To avoid custom duty charged by DHL on estimation, please guide me how do I go about it.
Best regards antonio

You'll need to create another PayPal account which will have your Borderlinx po box address as primary address which means the account should be US account and you've to use VPN.

Instead of going through all those hassles, why don't you try to find the turntable on Amazon or other websites where there's no hassle of PayPal ? What's the model of the turntable that you're buying ?

Dear Member,
I wanted to purchase a used technics TT on eBay. Since the seller is not an international seller, I cannot bid. How do I used borderline in such a situation?

Another seller has also a TT and he only ships to US address. He is also willing to declare this TT as Gift. Though it is costing 250 US $. He tells me to use borderlinx. Does borderlinx need the invoice even if he is private individual seller? To avoid custom duty charged by DHL on estimation, please guide me how do I go about it.
Best regards antonio

Just register with borderlinx (name, contact, email and your Indian address), they will provide you some international addresses (US, UK, Germany, Hong Kong). Now go to ebay and add the address (provided by borderlinx) you require to ship the item by the seller. Keep it as default address for the time being as long as transaction is not over.

Now ebay international will send the item to your personalized borderlinx address and borderlinx will receive it and intimate you for their pay and forward service. They can prepare the documentation without any invoice also, it is their responsibility.

After you pay for the forwarding service, DHL will intimate you to upload some KYC documentation with clear instructions and link. You have to just follow them. Item will be at your door step within 5/6 days after you made payment to Borderlinx.

No need of separate Paypal Account, I did it several time.

Last edited:
I can alsi confirm that the paypal account is not required.
Also, some sellers do not accept non US credit cards, Borderlinx has a conceirge service, where they buy it on your behalf and you can pay using the Indian CC to Borderlinx.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh, so no need to have PayPal for buying from eBay ? I can use credit / debit card to make direct payment ?

Ohh, so no need to have PayPal for buying from eBay ? I can use credit / debit card to make direct payment ?

I am saying no need of "another PayPal account" or separate PayPal account using vpn for this purpose as you claimed on earlier post. If one already have a PayPal account that is enough to complete the transaction.

If you use concierge service then sent the link of the product listing to Borderlinx, they will quote you the price with some additional charges and after making payment direct to Borderlinx they will order it on your behalf. Rest of the process is same as earlier given.

Last edited:
Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back