Bose AM5 Series III - Your Comment Please.

very nice poem Suri....should send it to Bose Engineers.........:lol::eek:hyeah::lol:

hey Deba, why are u continuing on this .......

Either BUY that speaker OR move to other speakers......

Spare us the trouble - please!!

Bose ain't acousticians or speaker designers - they are slimy Harvardians in swanky suits out there to fill u with their crap & dig deep into your pockets. Or else why would Dr. A.G. B be kicked out of AES in the late '70s when he was trying to prove his theories but not a soul was interested.

But they are crafty business men indeed. Very successful. They managed to find what the aspiring common man with no insight into audio science wants and created products which gratify them. Remember we are talking about 70 percent of the total market. Awesome business model !

It has always amazed me - just throw the name "Bose" in any hifi/ht forum and the response is always the same!

Deba, did you just do this for fun? LOL

I am not pro Bose or anti - just listen to YOUR kind of music on the speaker system and trust your ears on whether you want them or not.

Asking about Bose on most of the online forums would get you what you just saw here!

Edit:
For the record, I do have the Bose AM10III speaker system, which has worked well for me for the last 6-7 years. :)

Last edited:
I'd asked a similar question in this forum and I was told to audition Energy Take 5.1 system. I did. Liked it better and bought that.

It has always amazed me - just throw the name "Bose" in any hifi/ht forum and the response is always the same!

Deba, did you just do this for fun? LOL

I am not pro Bose or anti - just listen to YOUR kind of music on the speaker system and trust your ears on whether you want them or not.

Asking about Bose on most of the online forums would get you what you just saw here!

Edit:
For the record, I do have the Bose AM10III speaker system, which has worked well for me for the last 6-7 years. :)

As such there is no problem with the Bose speakers. Only thing is that it doesnt match w/ other speakers (no way near) in performance wrt the amount you have paid, since its under lifestyle product category, not for VFM.

:D

no lows - no highs - a hole in the mid-range

lovers of Bose don't find it strange

they listen to soft music and it soothes their mind

if they don't hear notes - no axe to grind.

when they listen to music, phone calls are made

the newspaper is read, and the sell order is stayed

these people they die without knowing what they missed

so what does it matter that hifivision forum members are pissed?!!:lol:

Nice verse, Suri. Enjoyed it!

Bose never submits specs. Just call their store or go there & ask them for specs & see what you get? U'll soon get surrounded by nice lookin women trying to drag u into their Demo room to make u comfortable. Have u realized that when u are in a Bose Showroom, the Bose people never give u a chance to talk? Why? B'coz they don't want u asking questions since they wont have answers to most if not all of them!!

Deba - I think u are out here to do a SURVEY!! and not really interested in buying. why don't u do that elsewhere.

Respected Sir I do not represent Bose or any marketing organization so the question of doing a SURVEY is quiet needless.

Moreover I have visited Bose Stores several times but failed to find any nice lookin women and I was always given an opportunity to speak or even comment on their product and I did openly comment negatively on their product when I disliked them. Its quiet interesting to know which Bose Store you have visited.:lol:

I never knew Forums were meant for buying products, and the above post is not a survey but a simple discussion among members; participate only if you want to.

Hope it helps.

Respected Sir I do not represent Bose or any marketing organization so the question of doing a SURVEY is quiet needless.

Moreover I have visited Bose Stores several times but failed to find any nice lookin women and I was always given an opportunity to speak or even comment on their product and I did openly comment negatively on their product when I disliked them. Its quiet interesting to know which Bose Store you have visited.:lol:

I never knew Forums were meant for buying products, and the above post is not a survey but a simple discussion among members; participate only if you want to.

Hope it helps.

The Indian company Lithos Acoustics makes speakers with same size and dimensions as bose and apparently much better sounding for less than 1/2 the price.

Have not auditioned but have heard audiophiles give it much more credit than the bose.

Bose never submits specs. Just call their store or go there & ask them for specs & see what you get? U'll soon get surrounded by nice lookin women trying to drag u into their Demo room to make u comfortable. Have u realized that when u are in a Bose Showroom, the Bose people never give u a chance to talk? Why? B'coz they don't want u asking questions since they wont have answers to most if not all of them!!

Deba - I think u are out here to do a SURVEY!! and not really interested in buying. why don't u do that elsewhere.

This thread has piqued my curiosity.

I'm going to Forum mall this weekend to check out the nice looking em ... speakers that you claim they have :licklips:

Meow !! ;)

Cheers

I'm going to Forum mall this weekend to check out the nice looking em ... speakers that you claim they have :licklips:

Meow !! ;)

Cheers

Lol.. Looks like you are more intrested in something else than the speakers itself.. ;)

:D

The Indian company Lithos Acoustics makes speakers with same size and dimensions as bose and apparently much better sounding for less than 1/2 the price.

Have not auditioned but have heard audiophiles give it much more credit than the bose.

Blasto , Please dont compare Lithos with Bose . The owner of Lithos may feel very uncomfortable :eek:. and may take you to court LOl :annoyed:

I think Bose never claim to be audiophile grade system/speakers. Bose has its own customer base and these customers do not much understand high & low frequency or impedance/sensivity matching etc etc. Mostly Bose sells its product in a complete package (and seperately also) and there are lots of people around the world who are buying Bose products for convenience or their musicality.
That is why this company has survived for so long. They are doing full system for Cars also. I remember in USA few years back I saw a Bose system in Lexus which came as standard package.
Overall packages of Bose systems sound reasonably good and there is no hassel of system matching ,cable selection etc.
i have owned Bose AM 4 or 5 long back and 901 and they are pretty decent speakers for the purpose and clients they are catered to. In Indian context Bose may look rather expensive may be because of high import duties. Moreover we should be proud of Indian name even though its an US company. their flagship speaker 901 it now appears to be out of date in present context.

Moreover we should be proud of Indian name even though its an US company.

no, a spade must be called a spade.

if one must eulogize amar bose for commercial success and catering to 70% of music listeners (as square wave pointed out) who are not critical about their music listening experience, and who go about life in a sort of music-is-somewhere-there-in-the-background fugue - well, then, so be it - Amar Bose is/was a commercial success - god bless a fellow indian!

but to allow him any latitude as far as pretensions about reproducing the exact audio event thru his pieces of goat t..d - well, that cannot be!:)

and this pretentious id..t let his ego overpower him and tried to design a suspension system for cars, and started Public relations about how great his system would be - JACKASS!!:lol:

and at the end of the day - that man is a jackass as far as fidelity is concerned!!:lol::lol::lol:

and if SKR saw Bose in a Lexus - that is only because 70% of very rich people buy Toyota Lexus - and of them 70% are jackasses! and if the boffins at Lexus chose Bose - it is not because Bose is excellent hi-fi, it is because they they know that 70% of their customers will want not the music to disturb the right hand and the right brain (because the left hand is busy with the female office secretary):lol: (this side of the world - across the pond, reverse the brain and the hands!)

and the real people - they worship at the temple of VTEC!!

Last edited:
I must say, as a former Bose owner (many years back), and current Denon owner, that Bose does get one thing right - simplicity in controls.

I believe myself to be pretty decent with understanding technology. But the number of controls / adjustments / menu options on a current AV receiver boggle my mind.

The Denon manual is like a telephone book.

I believe that good technology and good design, should also lead to simplicity in usage, and intuitive controls. I think this is one aspect that Bose has understood and got right.

Lets give credit where it is due.

I must say, as a former Bose owner (many years back), and current Denon owner, that Bose does get one thing right - simplicity in controls.

I believe myself to be pretty decent with understanding technology. But the number of controls / adjustments / menu options on a current AV receiver boggle my mind.

The Denon manual is like a telephone book.

I believe that good technology and good design, should also lead to simplicity in usage, and intuitive controls. I think this is one aspect that Bose has understood and got right.

Lets give credit where it is due.

hi argho,

you will like this-

http://www.hometheaterhifi.com/volume_14_4/images/bryston-bp-26-preamplifier-remote-control.jpg

if one must eulogize amar bose for commercial success and catering to 70% of music listeners (as square wave pointed out) who are not critical about their music listening experience, and who go about life in a sort of music-is-somewhere-there-in-the-background fugue - well, then, so be it - Amar Bose is/was a commercial success - god bless a fellow indian!

but to allow him any latitude as far as pretensions about reproducing the exact audio event thru his pieces of goat t..d - well, that cannot be!:)

and this pretentious id..t let his ego overpower him and tried to design a suspension system for cars, and started Public relations about how great his system would be - JACKASS!!:lol:

and the end of the day - that man is a jackass as far as fidelity is concerned!!:lol::lol::lol:

and if SKR saw Bose in a Lexus - that is only because 70% of very rich people buy Toyota Lexus - and of them 70% are jackasses! and if the boffins at lexus chose Bose - it is not because Bose is excellent hi-fi, it is because they they know that 70% of their customers will want not the music to disturb the right hand and the right brain (because the left hand is busy with the female office secretary):lol:

That's really funny. Made my day :)

and at the end of the day - that man is a jackass as far as fidelity is concerned!!:lol::lol::lol:

and if SKR saw Bose in a Lexus - that is only because 70% of very rich people buy Toyota Lexus - and of them 70% are jackasses! and if the boffins at Lexus chose Bose - it is not because Bose is excellent hi-fi, it is because they they know that 70% of their customers will want not the music to disturb the right hand and the right brain (because the left hand is busy with the female office secretary):lol: (this side of the world - across the pond, reverse the brain and the hands!)

Well Done Suri.......:clapping:

I think its fashionable in audio forums to bash Bose systems. A lot bash it with good reason (bad performance vis-a-vis other hi-fi systems) and some to just join the mob.

The big problem in comparing Bose systems is that they make it very difficult as they are not sold in multi brand outlets. So its only when you bring it home you know what it sounds in a normal (non-demo) setup.

That being said, they are in terms of sound quality much better than the LG's or Sony's that one hears from a speaker perspective but their marketing helps them get compared to being at a level which they are definitely not.

Some of their systems like the Wave CD are generally regarding quite good and to some extent their noise cancelling headphones. Not all products are good.
Like Yamaha might be a good receiver company but hardly makes great speakers.

So deba if your question was how Bose AM5 series III is, its nice but not worth any premium. Its much better than the philips or sony dvd based home theater system but at a significantly higher price.

Meow !! ;)

Cheers

I would like to go with you......:licklips: but seriously let us know what you think of their speakers......

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back