Bose AM5 Series III - Your Comment Please.

deba

Dear All,

Recently I had the opportunity to audition the Bose AM 5 Series III using a Rotel RA 971 Integrated Amplifier and apparently it sounded quiet good.

What is your idea / experience with AM5 ? Kindly share.

Thanks.

Dear All,

Recently I had the opportunity to audition the Bose AM 5 Series III using a Rotel RA 971 Integrated Amplifier and apparently it sounded quiet good.

What is your idea / experience with AM5 ? Kindly share.

Thanks.

My opinion? Its absolute crap best avoided.

hehe - Bose!! :yahoo:
Please save us the replies to that one.
Either u like it & rave abt they're the best spks on this planet or bang the s**t out of it... :D
So, since u fall in the former category, just BUY it.

Bose is not that bad audio engr , it was better then my Bolton speakers which i use to keep in a Pot and listen:lol: believe me I have seen a very old Bose 501 speakers which was good ( really)

Someone once asked : What is the best placement for my Bose speaker ?

Answer : On the front porch with a for sale notice on it !

Deba, you are in the wrong place asking about Bose :D

After so much Bose bashing on this forum since long, I've finally decided to audition myself and understand why people love to hate it so much. :lol:

This weekend at forum mall ... :D

Cheers

skip their demo in the room, and try and demo their speakers independently outside......with your own CD.....let's see how much success you have in that department.

After so much Bose bashing on this forum since long, I've finally decided to audition myself and understand why people love to hate it so much. :lol:

This weekend at forum mall ... :D

Cheers

Yesterday I went to a Bose Store in Kolkata and again auditioned their AM5 but this time with my own Audio CD. I have previously heard Bose 301 and 201. The sound of the AM5 definitely lacked booming bass response and the most interesting part is the Satellite speakers lacked a lot of high frequency detail and output that we hear from other manufacturers speaker system.

I complained about this to the representative in the store and he came out with a paper that Bose is giving with its owners manual to every customer and there they state that all Bose speakers are designed keeping in mind natural sound and they avoid producing any excessive and flashy bass and treble responses from their speakers because it may sound very attractive to the novice but in long run it hinder the concept of natural sound.

I spent an hour auditioning their other products and the same holds true for other products which lacked the bass and treble that most of us enjoy.
Very interesting statement from Bose and an interesting issue to discuss.
What do all our Audiophile members have to say about it?

probably the better Bose speakers were the 301. They were simple & did their purpose. The Sub/Sat combos are not worth talking about. 501/601/901 were stuff from a time when most audio companies had some ethics that we seldom see now as all they want to do is to dive into your pockets deep & fast.

I used to own the 601s at one point (12 years ago). They were better than the mainstream Japanese speaker it replaced. They have their capabilities.
But the quality was pathetic compared to what was available at the cost it used to sell for. I was ignorant.

I spent an hour auditioning their other products and the same holds true for other products which lacked the bass and treble that most of us enjoy.

Very interesting observation :D

Rhyme:

No lows - no highs- it must be bose !

Yesterday I went to a Bose Store in Kolkata and again auditioned their AM5 but this time with my own Audio CD. I have previously heard Bose 301 and 201. The sound of the AM5 definitely lacked booming bass response and the most interesting part is the Satellite speakers lacked a lot of high frequency detail and output that we hear from other manufacturers speaker system.

I complained about this to the representative in the store and he came out with a paper that Bose is giving with its owners manual to every customer and there they state that all Bose speakers are designed keeping in mind natural sound and they avoid producing any excessive and flashy bass and treble responses from their speakers because it may sound very attractive to the novice but in long run it hinder the concept of natural sound.

Its interesting that whatever sound their speakers are not able to reproduce is unnatural sound..:)

Very interesting observation :D

Rhyme:

No lows - no highs- it must be bose !

:D

no lows - no highs - a hole in the mid-range

lovers of Bose don't find it strange

they listen to soft music and it soothes their mind

if they don't hear notes - no axe to grind.

when they listen to music, phone calls are made

the newspaper is read, and the sell order is stayed

these people they die without knowing what they missed

so what does it matter that hifivision forum members are pissed?!!:lol:

LOL.bravo suri,..quite the poet in addition to being a prolific speaker builder!!cheers

:D:D good one !

How can a Company making such below standard product have such phenominal growth and continue to release one product after another ......really it seems that its very easy to fool people......and proves that many of us buy product by name not performance or else bose would have been history long time back....................:cool:) :lol:

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back