BOSE lifestyle 525 system

sunster

Hi,

I have been on the lookout for upgrading my home theatre and stubmbled across BOSE. I auditioned their lifestyle 525 system and really liked the sound. Of course I know they dont hold a candle to my existing setup with the Paradigm Monitor 9s etc but the point is..I liked what I heard. Any opinions here. I liked the simplicity of BOSE and sound wise wasnt bad at all.

bose has its own advantages. takes less space, unobtrusive, looks good, brand name, good features, some of their products sound pretty good though you pay a bit more...their lifestyle setup is quite nice if youre using it for movies. if its for music, then its a no no

Hi,

Some of us started our music setups using Arphi systems then the other local brands slowly moving into Yamaha, Bose and JBLs.

IMHO, I have changed my systems over the last 18-20 years and have seen a lot of difference....one thing to note that most of the electronics we have today is made in China or vietnam.

Secondly with stiff competition among brands, there is always something new coming out every year, very few of these brands concentrate on build quality, clear performance and after sales service.

End of the day, it's upto you to what you like and what appeals to you in performance, appearance, connectivity and budget.

The For Sale by owner or Hi Fi ads has got some really good stuff if you want to experiment something different and perhaps sell it later again....all depends on your choice..

For me Bose what you get after 1995 is a strict no no due to poor built and performance quality...

These are my personal opinions...I am sure the rest will hold a different view!

Regards

Before going in for Bose,check out the Morel Soundspots.I recently bought a set and they are just lovely.

If Bose is what you are looking at, the 535 is way overpriced .. you will be better off buying the Acoustimass 10 and pairing it with a Decent AVR.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back