System for movies (primary) and music

sinhaanupam

Hi All,

I am a new memeber here.

I am looking for a new music system. Doesn't really matters whether it's an AVR, HTPC or a soundbar.

I am mainly looking for sound clarity. Loudness does not matters. Just should be decent enough for a theatre like loudness.

I auditioned Samsung Q990B soundbar. This was the first one that listened to. They played some Dolby Atmos content. It was nice but felt something was missing. Best price as of now is 83k.

Onkyo NR6100 with Jamo and S809, Jamo S83, S810.
Same experience as Samsung soundbar but and 1.5 times the cost. Cost 2.5 Lakhs

Denon 3700 with Taga V607, Monitor studio Pro 80 and Mission MS200. This was amongst the best sounding system. However I will be going for 1700H and not 3700H The system is costing around 1.9 Lakhs.

I do not have much idea about home theatre systems. Want to know if Samsung soundbar would be comparable in quality to the Denon? Though the same track was played but the rooms were different.

Want to know if Samsung soundbar can really be compared to Denon's one or they are leagues apart?

W
Hi All,

I am a new memeber here.

I am looking for a new music system. Doesn't really matters whether it's an AVR, HTPC or a soundbar.

I am mainly looking for sound clarity. Loudness does not matters. Just should be decent enough for a theatre like loudness.

I auditioned Samsung Q990B soundbar. This was the first one that listened to. They played some Dolby Atmos content. It was nice but felt something was missing. Best price as of now is 83k.

Denon 3700 with Taga V607, Monitor studio Pro 80 and Mission MS200. This was amongst the best sounding system. However I will be going for 1700H and not 3700H The system is costing around 1.9 Lakhs.

I do not have much idea about home theatre systems. Want to know if Samsung soundbar would be comparable in quality to the Denon? Though the same track was played but the rooms were different.

Want to know if Samsung soundbar can really be compared to Denon's one or they are leagues apart?
What is the price for DENON Avr 3700 sir

W

What is the price for DENON Avr 3700 sir
The problem is they quote a big amount and then provide a consolidated discount. I guess it was around 1.65 non disconnected. I think if you actually but it from them it might be available for 15-20k less.

Hi All,

I am a new memeber here.

Forgot to mention that I am looking for an Atmos system.

The problem is they quote a big amount and then provide a consolidated discount. I guess it was around 1.65 non disconnected. I think if you actually but it from them it might be available for 15-20k less.
This price is very high for X3700. You should be looking for a minimum discount of 30-35% on MRP. I got a quote of about 1.1 last month.

Till last month, I was using a Samsung Atmos soundbar with wireless surround system.
I now have a 2.1 system with a Denon X2700H that I will slowly build up to 5.1.2 over the next few months.

While I no longer have as many channels as I used to, I can definitely feel a big difference in sound quality and clarity.
Dialogues are definitely a lot clearer. Bass is a lot better than the samsung soundbar subwoofer.

Hi All,

I am a new memeber here.

A denon 2700 + Tagas could work wonders for you.
How big is the room? And how many channels are you planning for?

An AVR + speakers will sound way better than your soundbar. And will also allow you to tune (correct) the sound as per your room.
So, yes, leagues apart.

Regards

A denon 2700 + Tagas could work wonders for you.
How big is the room? And how many channels are you planning for?

An AVR + speakers will sound way better than your soundbar. And will also allow you to tune (correct) the sound as per your room.
So, yes, leagues apart.

Regards
Thanks for your reply. The room is 11 by 22. However the speakers would only be placed around the tv unit which is seeking 10 by 11 feet.

I am planning to start with 5.0 Taga 607. Then later on add a subwoofer and then ceiling mounted Dolby Atmos speakers.

Thanks for your reply. The room is 11 by 22. However the speakers would only be placed around the tv unit which is seeking 10 by 11 feet.

I am planning to start with 5.0 Taga 607. Then later on add a subwoofer and then ceiling mounted Dolby Atmos speakers.
May I know how much is the quote for Taga 607? Also what’s the current rate for 1700H?

Hi All,

I am a new memeber here.

AVR and good setup of speakers will always give better effects, as compared to soundbar.
You should audition both and then choose one as per your liking.
Regards

Hi All,

I am a new memeber here.

Definitely a HT set up with avr is leagues apart from soundbar. Get an avr that will have pre-outs and decent entry level HT speakers. Center channel and subwoofer is very important in a HT set up. Keep an eye on classified section for good deals.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back