Bose Lifestyle 650 thoughts

sunster

Hi all. I’m still thinking of getting the Bose lifestyle 650 to replace my existing setup. I know there will be a lot of haters here probably but honestly does Bose really sound so bad compared to a dedicated separates HT system. Any users Of the Bose system here who can comment ?

Hi all. I’m still thinking of getting the Bose lifestyle 650 to replace my existing setup. I know there will be a lot of haters here probably but honestly does Bose really sound so bad compared to a dedicated separates HT system. Any users Of the Bose system here who can comment ?
Bose doesn't sound bad but better to go for a AVR and speaker combo.Your current set up is atmos with anthem. I highly doubt that bose can match its performance. I think you are looking at bose for aesthetic reasons since you want to upgrade to a 65 inch oled ?

Last edited:

Hi Sunster,
I have no idea about lifestyle 605. But years ago I had the acoustimass am5 speakers. For their size they sounded pretty good and blended aesthetically in the room without being obtrusive.
I felt the bass a little lacking & sound a little brighter. My room also may have been responsible for that. Anyways I felt the need for a change & moved on to something else after 10 years.
If you are interested in the 605's then pls hear them although Bose showrooms are acoustically heavily treated and in your house may sound different.
Pls find out which other brands are also available which will give you same or better sound at a lesser price.
Regarding Bose haters, they hate the brand for what it offers at that price since better alternatives are available. But Bose systems on their own don't sound bad per se imho. The 905 which I had heard years ago were quite impressive.

Regards

Last edited:
Hi

I honestly liked their LS48, GS/X 321, the LS 235 are / were really good systems which can fit into small rooms and produce big sound....also the blend with the background.....

Somehow I dont like the 650 as one of my neighbor has it and it lacks the punch and clarity which the Jewel Cubes could produce.....

Bottom line, if it meets your requirement in terms of looks, sound quality, budget etc...then go for it...trust your ears....after all you are the end user

Bose doesn't sound bad but better to go for a AVR and speaker combo.Your current set up is atmos with anthem. I highly doubt that bose can match its performance. I think you are looking at bose for aesthetic reasons since you want to upgrade to a 65 inch oled ?
Yes that is primarily the reason. But I’m apprehensive on the sound downgrade. So I need to really make a very researched decision.

Hi

I honestly liked their LS48, GS/X 321, the LS 235 are / were really good systems which can fit into small rooms and produce big sound....also the blend with the background.....

Somehow I dont like the 650 as one of my neighbor has it and it lacks the punch and clarity which the Jewel Cubes could produce.....

Bottom line, if it meets your requirement in terms of looks, sound quality, budget etc...then go for it...trust your ears....after all you are the end user
Thanks a lot. It would be so nice if Bose allowed to try before buying. There is no way to check the sound unless it’s playing in the room where it is intended to be installed.

Yes that is primarily the reason. But I’m apprehensive on the sound downgrade. So I need to really make a very researched decision.
Once u experience atmos in ur HT there is no going back. For sure you will miss the soundstage. Best is to get 3 excellent identical BS and use them as LCR. If you like your current centre channel you can get two more and use it for LR. Don’t make the mistake of downgrading your audio set up for video.

Thanks a lot. It would be so nice if Bose allowed to try before buying. There is no way to check the sound unless it’s playing in the room where it is intended to be installed.
I too wanted small Bose like speakers for my new OLED (C9). This was my secondary set up with primary being atmos enabled with Wharfedales. However after comparing prices and VFM factor, I picked up 6 months old ELAC cube speakers from a fellow FM. They give the same small aesthetic form factor as the Bose but produce a much larger soundfield and impact. I used an existing Wharfedale sub to go with it. The Elacs 5.0 cost me INR 10k (thanks to the FM). The set up in the living room now looks aesthetically pleasing plus gives the satisfaction of large sound. I drive them with a Pioneer 302 AVR. Just my hack.....

I lived with Bose lifestyle V25 from 2012 to Jan 3rd 2020 in a dedicated HT room. They were little brighter to my taste. But the major drawback was with bass. I measured the system with REW(just before replacing it) and it can go down to 43HZ only. You will always end up for bass craving especially with hollywood movies.
My current setup is 5.2.4(room size 12x16) and am more than happy.
Front Paradigm monitor 3000f
Center Paradigm monitor 2000c
Surround Klipsch R14s(bipole)
Atoms NHT super zero 2.1
Subwoofer dual SVS PB2000
AVR Marantz 6013
Power Amp Marantz mm7055
If I were you I would think thrice before downgrading. This is my personal opinion after living with Bose close to 8 years, audio is the key for movie immersion(which I lacked for 8 years) and video only helps it.
PS - Bose lifestyle is an integrated system and it would not allow you to add a speaker or subwoofer. So I would suggest you to explore other satellite speaker system with future expandability.

I lived with Bose lifestyle V25 from 2012 to Jan 3rd 2020 in a dedicated HT room. They were little brighter to my taste. But the major drawback was with bass. I measured the system with REW(just before replacing it) and it can go down to 43HZ only. You will always end up for bass craving especially with hollywood movies.
My current setup is 5.2.4(room size 12x16) and am more than happy.
Front Paradigm monitor 3000f
Center Paradigm monitor 2000c
Surround Klipsch R14s(bipole)
Atoms NHT super zero 2.1
Subwoofer dual SVS PB2000
AVR Marantz 6013
Power Amp Marantz mm7055
If I were you I would think thrice before downgrading. This is my personal opinion after living with Bose close to 8 years, audio is the key for movie immersion(which I lacked for 8 years) and video only helps it.
PS - Bose lifestyle is an integrated system and it would not allow you to add a speaker or subwoofer. So I would suggest you to explore other satellite speaker system with future expandability.

What's the total cost of this customised home theatre u paid?

Get the Wharfedale EVO 4.2 3-Way Standmount Speakers at a Special Offer Price.
Back