Bose or polk

regds

oops!!! - let us get back on thread!!
i have been reprimanded.

post deleted - excusez moi!

Last edited:
nope, havent heard these, profx didnt have these. Are these any good?

When you say

Well, I have heard the top of the line (and bottom ones too) systems from both these companies and found them to be shit, hence the assestions

you are asserting that you have seen them all. No point in noting ProFx has or hasn't any of these.

You may want to be careful before bashing anyone or any brand esp. if you have not been a good student of the hobby!

Now to your last question - they are one of the better kept secrets in A/V esp. when driven by quality equipment. You may have to spend upto 3 or 4 times more to make a decent move up from what the polks offer.

Because Polk decided to sell through mass brick and mortar channels the audiophile community does not seem to view them appropriately. Also a fair bit of politics and budget pressures make dealers push the B&Ws, thiels or Dynaudios etc. even when they have choices to stock up on Polks.

When you say

you are asserting that you have seen them all. No point in noting ProFx has or hasn't any of these.

You may want to be careful before bashing anyone or any brand esp. if you have not been a good student of the hobby!

Now to your last question - they are one of the better kept secrets in A/V esp. when driven by quality equipment. You may have to spend upto 3 or 4 times more to make a decent move up from what the polks offer.

Because Polk decided to sell through mass brick and mortar channels the audiophile community does not seem to view them appropriately. Also a fair bit of politics and budget pressures make dealers push the B&Ws, thiels or Dynaudios etc. even when they have choices to stock up on Polks.

I am not bashing anyone. Just a speaker company. What I dont like, I dont like. For that matter, I dont like wharfdale also. I dont hear you complaining about my cribs about bose, just polk. So, do you like Bose:)

Just because polk makes a couple of good speakers, doesnt make them a good speakers company. Tomorrow bose might launch a couple of good speakers, it will not make them a good company. Lots of people say that 901 are good speakers... There are quite a few companies that have a very few speakers that are decent and they mostly sell crap

You cant really compare polk with B&W, thiel, dynaudio etc. There is another reason the dealers sell more of these than polks, there is more demand as these guys make far superior speakers.

Just checked the price of polk lsi25. Its costs about 2800$ in US (selling price, not MRP). That puts it in the same price range as the B&W 805S, Usher 718, MS performance series, Sonus faber, cadence and a lot of other awesome speakers. tough competition man..... Dont think polk is going to win this war. Havent heard it (or all the others mentioned) though, so cant say.

3-4 times would be 8400-11200$. To beat a polk lsi25, I would need to spend that much.. You gotta be kidding man...

Last edited:
A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back