Bought a Wagon, need help on music system!

svenkateshsmart

Hello Friends,

Today around 6 p.m. I got my first car :licklips: delivered! So, guess what, my journey starts again, but this time, with car audio!

Budget will be around 15K, not interested in boomy or bassy SFX, but a neutral one, should be musical!:lol:

Budget: 15K
Features Expected: Everything!

Special thanks to Srinisundar and Teky and my new boss for their continued support and help in this purchase!

Please suggest me a good one.

Cheers!

p.s.: Will post the photos later!

Hi Venkatesh,

Congrats on taking delivery of your new WagonR:licklips:Enjoy !!!!!! Keep ready on my return we will make a trip to Bglr to meet santhosh...Hm-mm missed the delivery day... Teky could make it today?

Regards

Venky, Congrats machi! So you chose Wagon R over K10.
I guess thats Satya of EVo, he has done the install on Rallynuts Getz too and I really loved the way it sounds. Its got Boston components up front. And the soundstage, for once, is similar to that of a hi fi system.

Congrats Venky. If you can take it to Bangy Satya is the best else talk to our own Mark and see if he can do the install.

Budget: 15K
Features Expected: Everything!

First of all Congrats on your new purchase.

I have recommended Pioneer music system to one of my relative who bought wagonR in 2008. They installed Pioneer head unit + pioneer Oval speakers in boot. Sound was really amazing. Somehow i felt ,pioneer Oval speakers works well in WagonR than other car.Might be becaus of its boot space or boot shape or something. This budget was around 9k that time.

not interested in boomy or bassy SFX, but a neutral one, should be musical!:lol:
Even though the above setup is good pioneer systems has little more BASS which is against your preference.

You can choose
KENWOOD HeadUnit Rs.6000 to 7000
JBL or MBQuartz components for front. Rs.4500 to Rs.5,500
KENWOOD or JBL - Coaxial speakers for rears Rs.2000 to Rs.3000

Last edited:
Thanks a ton, all of you! I will try to get in touch with Mark and see if I could get some audition. Most probably I would just go with a head unit and front components for now, as I am terribly running short of cash!

I will keep you posted all of you on this! Guys, I thought I wud stop spending if I stay away from HFV, but did a big spending of 4L.:sad: Now its audio, why me God:rolleyes: when You have so many guys here around!

Cheers!

My Wagon-R has this space saver on it. Works very well. Not sure you can get it outside of Bangalore.
Simple Space Saver Install for a WagonR - Team-BHP

Venky, Congrats machi! So you chose Wagon R over K10.
I guess thats Satya of EVo, he has done the install on Rallynuts Getz too and I really loved the way it sounds. Its got Boston components up front. And the soundstage, for once, is similar to that of a hi fi system.

Congrats Venky. If you can take it to Bangy Satya is the best else talk to our own Mark and see if he can do the install.

Yes, it's Satya's work.

First of all Congrats on your new purchase.

I have recommended Pioneer music system to one of my relative who bought wagonR in 2008. They installed Pioneer head unit + pioneer Oval speakers in boot. Sound was really amazing. Somehow i felt ,pioneer Oval speakers works well in WagonR than other car.Might be becaus of its boot space or boot shape or something. This budget was around 9k that time.

Even though the above setup is good pioneer systems has little more BASS which is against your preference.

You can choose
KENWOOD HeadUnit Rs.6000 to 7000
JBL or MBQuartz components for front. Rs.4500 to Rs.5,500
KENWOOD or JBL - Coaxial speakers for rears Rs.2000 to Rs.3000

Congratulations on your first car Venkatesh!! Heard all about it from Srini and teky. Wanted to call you but somehow missed it.

Come over to Bangalore with Srini and teky.... We'll get you Iced.

So you thought staying away from us will stop you from spending eh?! Muaahahahahaha:eek:hyeah:

Congratulations on your first car Venkatesh!! Heard all about it from Srini and teky. Wanted to call you but somehow missed it.

Come over to Bangalore with Srini and teky.... We'll get you Iced.

So you thought staying away from us will stop you from spending eh?! Muaahahahahaha:eek:hyeah:

Even I have been missing your "hey buddy" dialect for a long time! They have been planning this for quite some time, soon after I told them I was going to buy a car!:D Looks like they would never visit Bangalore without my car:)

We will come over there once my pocket is sewn together, it is badly torn as of now!

Cheers!

Hey Crewcut, I had read about that space saver build on tbhp when it was posted initially by Satya.

I did the same same. Started with the head and fronts, the rears came in after many months. What a sweet journey.

And then we'll see Venky zip past - Boom Boom Robo-da..Booom Booom Robo-da Zoom Zoom Robo-da..Zoom Zoom Robo-da

BTW, my son loves that song.

Hey Crewcut, I had read about that space saver build on tbhp when it was posted initially by Satya.

If you ask me, there is really no other option other than the space saver. If you put the speakers on the rear hatch door, it just fires into the rear seat. In case you have the Wagon-R Duo like me (green mobile :), then the spare tyre will complete block the left speaker.

The other option is a parcel shelf which the Wagon-R doesn't come with, unlike the Santro, so you need to make a custom shelf and it can be a pain when you have luggage.

Last edited:
You guys never leave anyone alone :D
Not Venky atleast. His signature with the "Robo Da" song was inviting mate:)

If you ask me, there is really no other option other than the space saver. If you put the speakers on the rear hatch door, it just fires into the rear seat. In case you have the Wagon-R Duo like me (geen mobile :), then the spare tyre will complete block the left speaker.

The other option is a parcel shelf which the Wagon-R doesn't come with, unlike the Santro, so you need to make a custom shelf and it can be a pain when you have luggage.
I have not see the Duo version's boot. How about fitting the speakers on the rear door\hatch?

I drive an esteem with outdated ICE. Outdated because, I don't enjoy music in my esteem anymore....just thrive on the sweet exhaust note.

Hi,

Did the ICEing today for the car with Kenwood U-446 - 7.1K and kicker components for the front 6K:yahoo:

Thank you guys for your inputs and special thanks to Srinisundar and Teky for their gracious help, as always, and being there at the time of installation!:clapping:

BTW, Teky also has ICEd his car today with front components and oval coaxials on the boot with an MDF!:D

Cheers!

Hi all,

Slightly off topic:

Can any body suggest a Oval speakers (Brand and Model) for the boot space of my A-Star that will match for the pre-installed Nippon Unit. Mark had suggested Polk audio or JBL, I am having idea of Pioneer.

Inputs on this are more welcome.

My budget is around 2.5k.

Thanks,

N.Murali

Last edited:
Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back