Bought the Samsung 50" C550.

congrats sanjay. i am a happy samsung plasma owner as well. my set continues to have IR even though it's almost two years old and has had several hundred hours of use. but it's only a minor irritant, and noticed very rarely.

In my city also only CC550 is available. No pk550 or 50pv20. Comparision is almost impossible without demo, if not side by side then atleast on same day !!

Even if they are assembling the set here it is as good as imported. All depends where the parts are sourced from.

Why I asked is because, they had delays earlier in replacing the defective sets / sourcing parts for 50B550, since it was imported:)

What?? :D
Your place seems like the only place in india which has C550 and not PK550 and V20. Everywhere else it is exactly the other way round.

One dealer today said he can arrange these and give 50c550 for 70k and lg50pk550 for 68k, but no option for demo i have to buy either one, may give 1k-2k discount.I asked him how can i buy without seeing one:annoyed:, he says for plasma big screens no other way only against order, suggest buy lcd instead

Last edited:
Congratulations Sanjay !!! :yahoo::clapping:
Very good choice = C550 is in my book the most VFM 50" full HD today !!!
Cheers

Thanks for the wishes everyone. I myself have not had much time to watch TV much, let alone any critical viewing. But I have the family on the job of watching channels with the least amount of static images and that too in the double zoom mode, so as to move the stupid channel logos and the DTH logo off the screen. Also have the brightness and contrast turned down a bit. My son who has been waiting to play his new PS3 game on the TV, has been told he has to wait till the TV has been run in for atleast 100 hrs. So he is trying to get the 100 hrs in by keeping the TV turned on most of the time. Oh and I had to explain the whole burn in issues to him and now I have a monster on my head. Everytime I have a channel on for even a minute with the logo or any static image showing, he immediately reminds me to change the channel or else the picture will burn in. :) By the way, my son is not even nine yet.

I think we should write a letter to Tata Sky etc. to STOP showing that damn logo of theirs on the bottom right of the screen. It's a pity if ever the TS logo gets stuck on the screen!!

@sanjay: CONGRATS ON THAT BEAUTY OF A TV!! Cheers!

Frank don't worry the TS logo is a very light water mark and i don't believe it will leave a ghost or static image. The channel logo's are much brighter than the TS logo and can cause a issue. But most of the plasmas have anti burn in softwares that run in the background like pixel shift, this will ensure no burn in happens.

It's a pity if ever the TS logo gets stuck on the screen!!

Have you seen it stuck in the screen of any TV?
IMO, It should not matter as it is a transparent logo. If you are particular, Get the SUN DTH. It does not have any logo of its own.

Thanks for the wishes everyone. I myself have not had much time to watch TV much, let alone any critical viewing. But I have the family on the job of watching channels with the least amount of static images and that too in the double zoom mode, so as to move the stupid channel logos and the DTH logo off the screen. Also have the brightness and contrast turned down a bit. My son who has been waiting to play his new PS3 game on the TV, has been told he has to wait till the TV has been run in for atleast 100 hrs. So he is trying to get the 100 hrs in by keeping the TV turned on most of the time. Oh and I had to explain the whole burn in issues to him and now I have a monster on my head. Everytime I have a channel on for even a minute with the logo or any static image showing, he immediately reminds me to change the channel or else the picture will burn in. :) By the way, my son is not even nine yet.

Lol. I think you are scaring him too much. ;)
2 minutes of static is not going to do any hard. I would be worried if it is >1-2Hrs.

Have you seen it stuck in the screen of any TV?
IMO, It should not matter as it is a transparent logo. If you are particular, Get the SUN DTH. It does not have any logo of its own.

Nope. Sun Direct DTH also has its own logo on the bottom right or left. Not sure which side, but the logo is there though it is not a coloured logo. It's more like a watermark (kind of translucent but non intrusive).

The channel logos are the worst.

I saw a Samsung 42C450 on display couple of days back and though the screen was showing Nat Geo HD, I could see a ghost image of the Discovery HD channel logo. So temporary IR is there in most plasmas. Even Samsung. Perhaps Panasonic has the least or negligible IR among the the LG, Samsung and Panasonic.

---Venkat

Nope. Sun Direct DTH also has its own logo on the bottom right or left. Not sure which side, but the logo is there though it is not a coloured logo. It's more like a watermark (kind of translucent but non intrusive).

The channel logos are the worst.

I saw a Samsung 42C450 on display couple of days back and though the screen was showing Nat Geo HD, I could see a ghost image of the Discovery HD channel logo. So temporary IR is there in most plasmas. Even Samsung. Perhaps Panasonic has the least or negligible IR among the the LG, Samsung and Panasonic.

---Venkat

SUN HD its logo oly in sun channels. Not on other channels. I own it.

The store display pieces are put in dynamic mode which has all settings set to "100". In this mode, all plasmas will have IR. In the house, this mode is hardly useful and is an eyesore. A correctly configured TV will have minimal IR which we will not notice but will be there. More so in the first few hours of the TV.

SUN HD its logo oly in sun channels. Not on other channels. I own it.
I have 'Sun Direct HD' too and their logo is definately very much present in all of the HD channels and not just Sun channels. But they do not have the logo on any of the SD channels. Personally I wish it was the other way around.
Sorry to disagree but their logo is not only intrusive, but it is an absolute eye sore due to the bright red color they use in the logo. To make matters worse, the idiots have purposely placed the logo unusually high in the bottom right, so that even if you were to zoom the picture, the logo would still continue to show.

Sanjay, some photos of the TV set mounted/placed on a table would be welcome. Also, i think the slimness of this TV comes between the LG PK550R which is the SLIMMEST plasma I have ever seen. Next comes the Sammy 550 and the fattest is the Panny V20.

Sanjay, some photos of the TV set mounted/placed on a table would be welcome. Also, i think the slimness of this TV comes between the LG PK550R which is the SLIMMEST plasma I have ever seen. Next comes the Sammy 550 and the fattest is the Panny V20.
Since the Plasma has replaced a 55" Rear projection which did not require any stand or table, I still need to get a custom made TV rack that can also hold my center speaker. I will try and get a few pics up, even though the whole installation right now is a temporary one. As for how slim the TV is, personally I couldn't care less. How does it really matter if one TV is a few cms slimmer or fatter than the other. All marketing crap, if you ask me.

Sorry to disagree but their logo is not only intrusive, but it is an absolute eye sore due to the bright red color they use in the logo. To make matters worse, the idiots have purposely placed the logo unusually high in the bottom right, so that even if you were to zoom the picture, the logo would still continue to show.

Oh. Sorry if I was wrong. Sun Direct DTH is installed in my parents' place in their bedroom, used through a 21 inch CRT TV. I go there mostly on the weekends and hence I am not too familiar with the location and type of logo etc.:) In the hall we have the LG 42PQ70 plasma with Tata Sky DTH.

Since the Plasma has replaced a 55" Rear projection which did not require any stand or table, I still need to get a custom made TV rack that can also hold my center speaker. I will try and get a few pics up, even though the whole installation right now is a temporary one. As for how slim the TV is, personally I couldn't care less. How does it really matter if one TV is a few cms slimmer or fatter than the other. All marketing crap, if you ask me.

True. How slim can they all get at the max? It's all for show and marketing like you said. However, making it slim does reduce the weight. That's about the only benefit I can see, but it really doesn't matter either cos we're not gonna be lifting the TV often.

---Venkat

I have 'Sun Direct HD' too and their logo is definately very much present in all of the HD channels and not just Sun channels. But they do not have the logo on any of the SD channels. Personally I wish it was the other way around.

I meant to say SUN SD and wrote SUN HD instead. I stand corrected.
And yes, In SUN SD, the logo is only in SUN channels.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back