Bought the Samsung 50" C550.

I think we should write a letter to Tata Sky etc. to STOP showing that damn logo of theirs on the bottom right of the screen. It's a pity if ever the TS logo gets stuck on the screen!!

@sanjay: CONGRATS ON THAT BEAUTY OF A TV!! Cheers!

You need to see Big TV logo then. Bloody senseless. Got temporarily retained along with ESPN logo on my panasonic c10 because of World cup football. Had to wash it off using the snow screen

Since the Plasma has replaced a 55" Rear projection which did not require any stand or table, I still need to get a custom made TV rack that can also hold my center speaker. I will try and get a few pics up, even though the whole installation right now is a temporary one. As for how slim the TV is, personally I couldn't care less. How does it really matter if one TV is a few cms slimmer or fatter than the other. All marketing crap, if you ask me.

Hi Sanjay

I also didnt like the mirror like screen of lgpk550,probably will buy c550 tomorrow, i am getting it for 68900.I cannot see it unless i buy it.

Since v20 price is too high(also not avl here) i dont see any other option

They also offered lg42lh90 led tv for 70k ,pq is not bad

Last edited:
Hi Sanjay

I also didnt like the mirror like screen of lgpk550,probably will buy c550 tomorrow, i am getting it for 68900.I cannot see it unless i buy it.

Since v20 price is too high(also not avl here) i dont see any other option

They also offered lg42lh90 led tv for 70k ,pq is not bad

IMO though there is no comparison between LCD-LED ad plasma would still recommend the LH90 over samsung plasma.

ouch... did you mean other way round.. :D

Yes the salespeople also said i should go for 42lh90 their reasons( plasma obsolete technology,picture clarity much better in led,screen will burn in,plasma i have to buy it to see it because they cannot sell it to anybody else etc)

They had a 2008 series 4 42a450 on display there and my family loved the picture in it,so decide to go for the 50c550,extra 8 " 1.1k lessthan 42lh90
got it for 68900.
blue ray PQ is very very good. :yahoo:
Set looks very nice
NO buzzing even if i put the ear on tv.
Very less reflection(this factor made me choose this instead of lgpk550)
now running break in slides(contrast,brightness arond 50)

Yes the salespeople also said i should go for 42lh90 their reasons( plasma obsolete technology,picture clarity much better in led,screen will burn in,plasma i have to buy it to see it because they cannot sell it to anybody else etc)

They had a 2008 series 4 42a450 on display there and my family loved the picture in it,so decide to go for the 50c550,extra 8 " 1.1k lessthan 42lh90
got it for 68900.
blue ray PQ is very very good. :yahoo:
Set looks very nice
NO buzzing even if i put the ear on tv.
Very less reflection(this factor made me choose this instead of lgpk550)
now running break in slides(contrast,brightness arond 50)

I wonder if a different AR filter went into the c550, now that two people mention it! :rolleyes:
The spec just mentions "Clear Image Panel" instead of "Filterbright" in B550.

Last edited:
Can Any one guide me to a shop where this set is available in Delhi , Preferably in North Delhi. Already have put up rounds to 20 + shops where this model is not available:mad:

Sanjay,

How is C550 going. No updates !!
Still in the 'running in' stage. Waiting for 150 hrs of usage to be over. In any case I don't watch much TV. Although I did watch the Wimbeldon and am also watching the FIFA World Cup matches regularly. Must say, that I have absolutely no complaints with picture quality of the TV, atleast not when given a good source.

Still in the 'running in' stage. Waiting for 150 hrs of usage to be over. In any case I don't watch much TV. Although I did watch the Wimbeldon and am also watching the FIFA World Cup matches regularly. Must say, that I have absolutely no complaints with picture quality of the TV, atleast not when given a good source.

Can you post some pics if you dont mind? Just curious. :)

Any difference between 40C550 and 50C550 in terms of tech up gradation? Cos i have booked 40C550 and going by ur thread my choice seems to be correct for 40" version if its got all features of 50C550.

Am just waiting for it be delivered trow evening.

Any difference between 40C550 and 50C550 in terms of tech up gradation? Cos i have booked 40C550 and going by ur thread my choice seems to be correct for 40" version if its got all features of 50C550.

Am just waiting for it be delivered trow evening.

Really!! i thought series 5 plasma only available in 50"(ps50c550)

Am sorry,its 40C550 LCD,just looked at 50"C550 and thot its 50C550 LCD.
nyways 40C550 LCD is it the VFM in 40" range?

Bought it for 54k in Spar Hypermarket-Manthri mall,
Had checked prices in Ezone(Costliest(63.5k) and Unfriendliest sales guys),Croma-Brigade Road(60k-Sales guys have no clue on anything),Adishwar-Banashankari(59k),Devi International(55k,best i thot untill i struck a better deal at SPAR)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back