Bought Wharfedale Diamond 9.1

doctur

Hi
I bought Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 speakers today.
I bought them from Denny (Bass n trebble) for 12000 all inclusive.
Also bought DAC 18G cable for surrounds for Rs. 55 per m.

Auditioned 9.1 Vs 10.1. 10.1 Vs 10.2. He didnt have 9.2 in stock.
I found the 10 series with more bass than required. This mixes up the vocals with the bass in my view. 9.1 were clearer and more natural.
Thanks

Thanks everyone.
I bought Denon 1509 last week (from Denny too).
Yes he appears to be a nice person. Let me audition speakers at leisure. Didnot push anything.
I plan to make a makeshift HT with this. I'll be using my old bose 201 as surrounds. (bought them before joining this forum!!).
Cheers

Hello

Many congrats on your new purchase.Enjoy d music from ur wharfedales.

Pls tell me the address of the shop where u purchased ur wharfs.

Thanks everyone.
Yes he appears to be a nice person. Let me audition speakers at leisure. Didnot push anything.
I plan to make a makeshift HT with this. I'll be using my old bose 201 as surrounds. (bought them before joining this forum!!).
Cheers

Hello

Many congrats on your new purchase.Enjoy d music from ur wharfedales.

Pls tell me the address of the shop where u purchased ur wharfs.

From bass and trebble . Person is Denny (01145509308). Do mention the hifi vision forum.
Best of luck.

Hi the good doctur!

Congrats on ur purchase and welcome to the wharf club.

Wishing you many musical hours!

cheers,
sri

Thanks everyone.
Cheers

congrats on your purchase. so , how do you feel now?

it seems that people are getting afraid of comitting that they like bose speakers(probably that's why the explanation " bought them before joining the forum"). Come on! you are the king of your set up. Say it proudly that you use bose if you really like them. you cannot actually hear sound on any forum although you can read opinions about sound. only you can tell what you will like

P.S. i have heard Bose speakers only once in life, at my friends home. i visited Bose in atria mall and did not bother to listen to the set up when the person told me that they do not sell components.

it seems that people are getting afraid of comitting that they like bose speakers(probably that's why the explanation " bought them before joining the forum"). Come on! you are the king of your set up. Say it proudly that you use bose if you really like them. you cannot actually hear sound on any forum although you can read opinions about sound. only you can tell what you will like

P.S. i have heard Bose speakers only once in life, at my friends home. i visited Bose in atria mall and did not bother to listen to the set up when the person told me that they do not sell components.

No it is not that I am afraid or anything. It is just that after reading the science behind these things and comparing 201s to 9.1 and others I felt very stupid that I was taken in solely by the marketing of bose. Although to their credit they bring out lot of people from the sonys/philips out to the component arena. Nothing wrong with the sonys etc, but once someone hears the hifi stuff, it is difficult to go back to the sonys.
Thanks

I like how you put that statement - as italicized:)

Congrats for the purchase:clapping:. I too own a bose:)sad:),knew it was overpriced, but got it as a gift, so didnt want to look a gift horse in the mouth((NLAGHITM!!). Now, want to acquire a new system. Bose does have the wow factor first time you listen to it or before listening to other hifi systems. Good that you upgraded.

Last edited:
Having second thoughts.
Going back to retest along with 10.1.
Maybe better to go with newer technology?
Any opinions?

I have heard the 9.1s and they are pretty good at the entry level, truly VFM in the Wharfies. 9.2 too I've heard and pretty good too. I've not heard the 10 series yet but I'm sure 10.1 will be also good. Have a listen at leisure and decide on what you want. Either way I'm sure you will be very satisfied and have a great time.

And congrats. Do post some pics and share your thoughts as the days go by.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Walnut finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back