Boycott Chinese goods - Is it possible

When govt. With the absolute majority can't clear the highways blocked by ***** that almost destroyed the footwear industry (in Bahadurgarh), we took over from China back in 2007; being a manufacturing powerhouse, reducing import is a distant dream.

When govt. With the absolute majority can't clear the highways blocked by ***** that almost destroyed the footwear industry (in Bahadurgarh), we took over from China back in 2007; being a manufacturing powerhouse, reducing import is a distant dream.
The Government with absolute majority destroyed the footwear industry? How is that possible? They may be responsible for destroying many other things but this seems unfair.

The Government with absolute majority destroyed the footwear industry? How is that possible? They may be responsible for destroying many other things but this seems unfair.
Hehehe, not sure about the other things they destroyed, but this one is on them. Due to the highway blockade in Delhi, Asia's largest footwear hub in Haryana is in peril. It was a little shy of $ 10B industry they went belly up and the govt. couldn't have the courage to clear the highways.

Hehehe, not sure about the other things they destroyed, but this one is on them. Due to the highway blockade in Delhi, Asia's largest footwear hub in Haryana is in peril. It was a little shy of $ 10B industry they went belly up and the govt. couldn't have the courage to clear the highways.
They started dying in 2020 during the lockdown and post the lockdown. The highway blockade was just another nail, not THE nail.

They started dying in 2020 during the lockdown and post the lockdown. The highway blockade was just another nail, not THE nail.
The Covid lockdown had its impact, and they started recovering from it once the lockdown was over. But the Highway blockade turned out to be the Final nail. This blockade and inability of the Govt. to clear this nonsense killed the business sentiments in that part of India altogether.

The Covid lockdown had its impact, and they started recovering from it once the lockdown was over. But the Highway blockade turned out to be the Final nail. This blockade and inability of the Govt. to clear this nonsense killed the business sentiments in that part of India altogether.
They'll start recovering again once the blockade is over. :p

Chinese products compete not only based on cost ,but are also technologically and qualitatively much superior to similar or maybe overpriced Indian products. It doesn't make sense to buy inferior Indian products. The government policies and the redtapism is all to blame. What we achieve is inspite of them and not because of them

Last edited:
Does this imply we are spending/importing more?

Demonitisation and faulty Gst had started the downfall of the small and medium businesses, covid just accelerated that.
Was Demonitisation really a failure? I know Economists like Rajan, Gita, etc say that it was a failure but on social media demonitisation is seen in overwhelmingly positive light.

Look at Quora, all the top educated writers like Deepak, Balaji, etc insist that it was a great move and a massive success even years later.

I'm not really an expert so I don't know what to make of it.

Not to sound argumentive, please shed light on some achievements of demonitisation. When renowed economic experts like Rajan and Gita Gopinathan have called it a failure, there must be some truth to it. Social media is more of a disinformation than information these days, so please fact check before beliving them to be gospel truth. Indo- China relations are at their worst phase but our imports from china are growing at a staggering rate making china our largest trading partner with our PM saying " koi nahi aaya"

Last edited:
Chinese products compete not only based on cost ,but are also technologically and qualitatively much superior to similar or maybe overpriced Indian products. It doesn't make sense to buy inferior Indian products. The government policies and the redtapism is all to blame. What we achieve is inspite of them and not because of them
Off-late I am noting that Indian products are much superior to even European and Japanese products let alone Chinese product. I am going to start a thread wihere I have practical usage experience shortly. Collating data to post. Stay tuned.

Off-late I am noting that Indian products are much superior to even European and Japanese products let alone Chinese product. I am going to start a thread wihere I have practical usage experience shortly. Collating data to post. Stay tuned.
Would be really interested to read this and eager to know and feel better.

Overall demonization was good or bad, it don't know. But bringing ₹2,000 note was a bad decision in my opinion. Digital currency usage is a very positive move as well.
I have heard many good experiences about GST from small scale industrialists and have seen the impact of it.
A small example: If you are getting online oders delivered so quickly, it's is due to GST implementation. Trucks are not stopped at the state borders for hours or days before letting in to the state.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back