Brazilian who's buying all the Vinyl Records in the World

This is amazing. He's is not just a wealthy manic hoarder, and nor is just because of the vinyl: he wants to make sure that the music is preserved. And he is getting teams of people together to make this happen.

Wonderful :)

There was some post a while back about some huge archive of vinyls on sale for a couple of million dollars but no takers...maybe someone should show it to him...

And to think my Dad literally threw away his huge [for the time] "records" [LP's and EP's] because they were taking up space, because he thought CD's sounded "better" and because according to him - the turntable was a "nuisance" to use. How little he knew!!! :D

This article provides a good reason for collecting, listening to and preserving music recorded in analogue form be it vinyl, cassette or tape. The same recordings may not be available on digital media. Hence the importance of private as well as of public collections of recorded music and speeches. We can all contribute in our small way depending upon our discretionary income and space available.

As Keith Correa has pointed out, it would be a bad thing to throw out our carefully gathered collections. If space is not available and the owner is unwilling or unable to sell his or her records it is always possible to give them away to someone who will take care of them and listen to them.

Our collections of recorded music should be seen as a precious heritage that must be preserved.

Regards.

And to think my Dad literally threw away his huge [for the time] "records" [LP's and EP's] because they were taking up space, because he thought CD's sounded "better" and because according to him - the turntable was a "nuisance" to use. How little he knew!!! :D

Your Dad sounds like me, only I had no takers for my records so they were stuck with me, I now realize how lucky I am.

This article provides a good reason for collecting, listening to and preserving music recorded in analogue form be it vinyl, cassette or tape. The same recordings may not be available on digital media. Hence the importance of private as well as of public collections of recorded music and speeches. We can all contribute in our small way depending upon our discretionary income and space available.

... ... ...

Our collections of recorded music should be seen as a precious heritage that must be preserved.

Yep. It is not whether it is analogue, digital ---or piano roll! It is the fact that so many decades of music will simply be lost without people doing this. Nobody is going to issue digital versions of music that didn't sell much in the first place, and is now forty years out of fashion. OK, maybe much of it is rubbish, but even so it is still history, and there will always be gems among the rubbish.

Your Dad sounds like me, only I had no takers for my records so they were stuck with me, I now realize how lucky I am.

You are lucky! I am still pissed off that my mother threw out the shellac, let alone the vinyl. But, even if seldom played, my small collection of LPs will never be thrown out --- not even the ones that I rendered unplayable with bad handling and blunt stylus in my foolish youth.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-r2dPpc5odk

I know this person in some personal capacity, as of last year he was looking for a buyer and a few deals broke down in the last minute. He is a song writer and a former rocker in his own capacity, his knowledge of music is quite astounding across all genres, but mainly regarding classic rock and Jazz. In his day he rocked in some of the New York's legendary Rock clubs. Discussing music with him is an absolute pleasure and a good day to have in your life.

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back