Bringing Jamo A102 HCS5 from USA

hibhanu

Hi All,

My cousin is returning from US. I am planning to get "Jamo A102HCS5" speakers from there.

Will there be any compatibility issues like power, frequency of operation? or is it just PlugnPlay?? Will I get cables along with the box or I need to buy here?

Will there be any issue at customs,chennai while bringing this 15KG box?

Those who freq. import these stuff thru relatives/frnds, pls throw some light.

Btw, any suggestion on the websites where I can buy this, apart from Amazon?

rgds,
Bhanu

You have posted a question bank on your purchase ;)

Never Mind!

Will there be any compatibility issues like power, frequency of operation? or is it just PlugnPlay?
> Check the ratings but AFAIk you will require a stepup/down transformer, that will cost you around 2-3K

Will I get cables along with the box or I need to buy here?
> Check the product documentation, those are best source for reliable information

> Should not be

> 20north.com , ebay.in/globalbuy , Shopyourworld.com

Hi All,

My cousin is returning from US. I am planning to get "Jamo A102HCS5" speakers from there.

Will there be any compatibility issues like power, frequency of operation? or is it just PlugnPlay?? Will I get cables along with the box or I need to buy here?

Those who freq. import these stuff thru relatives/frnds, pls throw some light.

rgds,
Bhanu

Hi sumit,

Thanks for your valuable information and for taking your time in answering my questions.

cheers,
Bhanu Prakash

hi Kittu,

I checked with ModernWorld and Cinebals, Bangalore. Both are quoting huge price of 35,000/- (may be negotiable little bit). BUt in US i will be getting it for 250$.

cheers,
Bhanu

Bhanu ,

did u listen to the speakers or you just getting them for the price ? Atleast go there give it a listen @ modernworld or cinebels... worth isnt it ?

My two cents... :)

Kittu

Sorry to bump this thread, but i am in desperate need to get some speakers.

I kind of have the same question of getting the product from US or UK.

Iam looking for JAMO A340HCS7.

Has anyone heard of it?
How do you think it will work when paired to a Yamaha RX V667
Is there anyplace in chennai i can audition the JAMO.
Is it possible to get just the speakers(JAMO A340 and A3CEN4) from US/Uk and get the Subwoofer here.
In that case can i know of some places in US/UK or online buy to get the speakers alone.

Heard JAMO uses plastic for their cone and it is not an audiophile rated speaker.
What is the recommendation rating of JAMO speakers by all you fellow Audio heads.

Sorry to bump this thread, but i am in desperate need to get some speakers.

I kind of have the same question of getting the product from US or UK.

Has anyone heard of it?
Is it possible to get just the speakers(JAMO A340 and A3CEN4) from US/Uk and get the Subwoofer here.
In that case can i know of some places in US/UK or online buy to get the speakers alone.

Heard JAMO uses plastic for their cone and it is not an audiophile rated speaker.
What is the recommendation rating of JAMO speakers by all you fellow Audio heads.

Hi.........found this detail on the net.........Home Theater Speakers - Jamo - Home Theater Speakers and Jamo-A340 HCS 7 Home Theater Systems Supplier & Distributor

Pls check if u can audition @
Mr. S E MOHANBABU
New No. 20, Old No. 32- A, Circular Road, United India, Colony, Near Fathima School, Kodambakkam
Chennai, Tamil Nadu - 600 024, India
Telephone: +(91)-(44)-24830360/ 42636489

Has anyone heard of it?

You can audition at the Jamo showroom in numngambakkam college road, next to the Hyderabadi Briyani centre :eek:hyeah:

Thanks on that note mates.
I will try the kodambakam guy over the week.
Called up cinebels to check whether they have the model, and they said it will take one month to get it if i place and order, just the subwoofer was quoted at 28k
They seem to have the A320,may be i will audition it sometime soon. But i dont see the point cause thats not what i want. Wonder what to do.
Got my AVR more than a month back and its just sitting there :-(

Anyone heard of Klipsch D500 ?

Last edited:
Back