Broadband Chennai

vamsik

Hi Group
I am back in Chennai after few years out of India. Trying to figure out what Broadband connection to take. Have figured out that Hathway is offering 150Mbps speed and 1000GB per month for around INR900. Was curious to know if people use Hathway and how they find it. I assume Hathway also offers Cable TV. Any good their service?

Also what do you think of Airtel and Act. Seems these are the better 3 options in the city.

Thanks a lot for your help

V

having used act and airtel fiber, I would say ACT if they offer service in your area - the only caveat is that the infrastructure is not so robust as airtel, and apart from the occasional downtime, l the quality and pricing is so much better, and they are very customer centric

Wait for Jio Broadband to launch in Chennai. They're in preview mode in Delhi, Mumbai and Gujarat I think. Hopefully, it will be launched on / around Diwali this year. So you can use any cheap broadband for now and wait for the big bang. You can check their Facebook page for updates.

Last edited:
ACT's services are unreliable though the they've got great offers. During the floods and then the hurricane later, their services got disrupted and it took more than a month or so to get their act together. Quite a few of my friends had to ditch ACT for that reason.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back