Dilemma Tata Sky v/s Airtel

ISO

My patience with Hathway is over. Although their service is good, they don't have intention to give dolby digital to at least all movie channels. My costly HT setup is not getting utilized.

I'm thinking of trying Tata Sky or Airtel DTH.

I have feedback from this forum that Airtel has very good Audio/video and dolby sound but worst customer service. Also cloudy whether reception is poor.

Tata Sky is offering free Amazon fire stick 4K with DTH connection and free three month prime video subscription. This deal seems mouth watering but actually it is not. You have to pay 250/- per month for bing app, failing to this, amazon will take back fire stick. Apart from this there is separate charge for DTH package and prime video after free period is over.

Pl. share your valuable thoughts/suggestions on this.

No idea about TS, but would vouch for audio, video quality of Airtel, especially the HD channels. You have the otion of passing the audio in DD/DD+ where available from Airtel STB to your TV/AVR, this might be available in TS also though. Didn't have any issues with Airtel CS till date in the last 8 months. Airtel also enables you to add/delete alacarte channels without any lockin period.

Long time TS user, have used airtel in the past. Definitely prefer TS interface. Don't know whether You require recording option? but TS recorder is much better compared to the competition. Never had any issues with the support.

The audio from DTH is all compressed whether it is Airtel or Tatasky as it doesn't matter. It also depends on each channel as in Star movies the audio is much good in DD+ than other channels with same capabilities. However do not expect Blu-ray quality sound. Also HDMI can pass through Dolby audio in both Tatasky and Airtel STB's. I have used both and Airtel DTH is slightly better in audio quality than Tatasky in my opinion.

Being a customer of Both, they are both equally good and bad. The best way to know what's best in your area is to check out the terraces, pick the one which has more dishes. I find that Airtel interface to add remove channels is more seamless and quicker. Adding single channels in Airtel is easier for me.

MaSh

Being a customer of Both, they are both equally good and bad. The best way to know what's best in your area is to check out the terraces, pick the one which has more dishes. I find that Airtel interface to add remove channels is more seamless and quicker. Adding single channels in Airtel is easier for me.

MaSh
From my limited knowledge in Pune most of the dish I saw was Videocon. But currently from advertisement exposure, it seems Tata Sky is dominating DTH market.

One of the Tata Sky dealer told me that Airtel is closed:oops:

Also cable network is very strong and most of the home prefer it due to quality, ease of payment and signal do not loose in overcast days.

From my limited knowledge in Pune most of the dish I saw was Videocon. But currently from advertisement exposure, it seems Tata Sky is dominating DTH market.

One of the Tata Sky dealer told me that Airtel is closed:oops:

Also cable network is very strong and most of the home prefer it due to quality, ease of payment and signal do not loose in overcast days.

Exactly what I meant by checking out for 'all' the 'dishes' on the terraces. Go by what you see the most and what rules in your city/area.

MaSh

Using TS for 12+ years, have used Airtel on second connection as well. I feel OVERALL TS is "slightly" better (service, mobile app etc). Pick one that you personally are inclined to based on first impression!

Check out our special offers on Stereo Package & Bundles for all budget types.
Back