Brought home Samsung PS50C450 but...

oracle1974

Hi

First of all I would like to thank HFV for providing very useful information that allowed me to short-list the potential TVs that I could buy. In the last couple of months I have found the HFV forum very informative and enlightening on various aspects. Thank you all very much.

Now to my actual purchase.

Yesterday my samsung PS50C450 got delivered and today it got installed;
the engineer told me as he was unpacking that this is the first installation in Mumbai. As the case is with always the first ones, I thought I shall be first guinea pig.... the plasma panel has a defect. there is vertical patch about 1.5inches wide on both the sides.

The Samsung representative informed me that this occurs because of some loose connection. This is on account of improper handling during transportation.

He said that Samsung will replace this piece. He will report this defect to the company on monday and an engineer will subsequently inspect it and report for replacement. Once the engineer has reported the same it will be replaced within 48 hours.

I have informed my dealer on the defect and he said that he will take up the matter with the company on monday and get back to me on the same.

Will keep you updated on the same.

Regards

Hey there

Wanted to congratulate you on the purchase until I read about the defective panel! My goodness. This is atrocious. What the hell is Samsung doing? There was another member on this forum who had his 50B450 fail within the 1st week of ownership and since Samsung did not have spare parts for the plasma, they refunded him in full. He then bought an LG 50PQ70 plasma.

Anyway I hope in your case it works out okay and Samsung replaces your plasma. Wish you all the best man. I know how disappointing and frustrating it can be when you pay more than 50k for a tv and it is defective, awaiting replacement. I seriously hope Samsung replaces it quickly.

One thing I'd like to mention is that Samsung's sales attitude really sucks. This is from an experience my wife and I had at a Chennai showroom on Friday evening.

Here is where I posted it:

http://www.hifivision.com/televisio...-42-plasma-tv-thrissur-kerala.html#post139033

---Venkat

Oracle,

How much did you pay for the TV ?

Do keep us posted on the replacement.

Rgds.........Argho

@ Oracle:
Hope that you get the replacement quickly. Once fixed, let us all know the performance of it.
What was the price?

@ All:
Did anybody compare C550 and C450 physically in the shop? Is there any real difference that worth 20 k more? Particularly considering, my viewing distance will be 14ft.
In Kolkata, 50C450 is still not available. The dealer has the 50C550 and quoting 77K (with a promise for further spot discount during purchase). He also promised that on paying advance, he will deliver 50C450 in next 2 days. I doubt that claim as no other dealer commits about the availability of C450.

Got it for 54.5k

The PS50C550 is available without bargaining at an exlcusive Samsung dealer for 70k. With bargaining and at a multidealer outlet i guess it should be available for 65k.

Will keep you updated on the replacement.

Got it for 54.5k

The PS50C550 is available without bargaining at an exlcusive Samsung dealer for 70k. With bargaining and at a multidealer outlet i guess it should be available for 65k.

Will keep you updated on the replacement.

65K would be an amazing price for a 50in full HD plasma.
That means the difference between 720p and 1080p has really shrunk.

I bought my 50B450 for 65K less than a year back.

My Samsung PS50C450 got replaced on 31st May - within ten days of reporting the defect.

regards

This is fantastic news! Good going. Now I guess it's time to just sit back and enjoy some movies on your new 50 inch screen!

Do post back here with your feedback. We'd definitely like to know how the tv is doing.

---Venkat

Now a whole hearted congratulation!!!
Please let us know about its performance. Do you feel the contrast level is sufficient?

Hi Oracle....Congratulations Finally on your purchase !!!! :clapping:
I am planning to get the same TV - C450 the 42" one. Can you please share the performance and the comparison you made while making the purchase...thanks.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back