BSNL has upgraded all plans

ssf

BSNL has recently upgraded most of the existing plans. My 1277 plan which earlier was 100 Mbps and 750 GB per month has now been upgraded to 200 Mbps till 3.3 TB.

My earlier FTTH modem had a max speed of 100 Mbps. So I had to get in touch with BSNL to upgrade my modem. They have changed my modem yesterday and now am getting 200 + speeds on wired and nearly 200 Mbps in 5GHz WiFi.

The most difference the increased speed is noticed in VR applications and huge game downloads but not so much in 4k HDR on Netflix etc as my earlier 100Mbps was sufficient for it.

Last edited:
Good to see BSNL is still in the game. However Netflix and other services has 4K content in varying bitrates starting 20 to 40 Mbps. there are many other techniques they use to reduce the bitrate further. Generally when the bandwidth is increased the difference you will see no choke when you use more number of sessions, devices Etc.. performance is increased when you have low latencies and loss. you can further make use of this bandwidth efficiently when you move all the devices to wifi 6. This is the basic fundamentals without going more technical :) and There are many other factors and considerations, these are the most visible once.
Thanks
Ram.

I also have bsnl ftth at home since a year or so. Last year they were providing 3 months long packages where user can use up to 3.3tb data and different speeds. I opted for one such package and it lasted till 29th December.
I'm quite satisfied with the speed though range of supplied router is not that much.

I haven't checked which package they have been providing to me after that deadline.

However I was still using their 50mbps router and I'm looking for modern router which I can continue to use for the next few years.

Back