bsnl port forwarding

nandac

hey all, anybody know how to get port forwarding done on a bsnl connection - router is an1020-21?

i saw some instructions on the web. but not able to get a clear idea.

i am using windows vista home premium. so appreciate it if instructions (if any) could be provided from that standpoint.

You have the following options:

Option 1) (Easiest) Configure your modem in bridge mode. All ports are forwarded by default.

Option 2) (Medium) Assign a static IP to your desktop/laptop. In the modem setup, go to 'Advanced' options and select NAT/DMZ. Enter the above IP address (of the PC) in NAT/DMZ.

Option 3) (Hardest) Assign a static IP to your desktop/laptop. In the modem setup, go to port forward option. Enter the IP address that is given to desktop/laptop. Enter the port number that you wish to forward.

Remember to save and reboot.

If you understand the concepts, it is easy: Understanding Port Forwarding

Googling your router model returned 192.168.1.1. So it could be that a some other IP has been set. Do a hard reset. Then try 192.168.1.1 again.

There will be a small reset button on your router. Keep it pressed for a few seconds to reset it to factory settings.

The "reset" button is usually found on the back plate of the modem. The button is recessed behind a small hole. One should use a toothpick or match stick to press this button. To reset, power on the modem and keep the reset button pressed for 10 seconds or more. When all LEDs on modem flash rapidly, the modem is reset.

But beware. Once the modem is reset, the original factory settings are restored and all configuration data is lost. The person will need to configure the modem once again. If you do not know how to configure the modem, you will be without internet till someone can do it for you.

Refer this post: Modem Configuration

Open command prompt
Type "ipconfig" and hit enter
The default gateway is the IP address

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

this is the output of ipconfig :

Microsoft Windows [Version 6.0.6001]
Copyright (c) 2006 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

C:\Users\vpcnk>ipconfig

Windows IP Configuration

Wireless LAN adapter Wireless Network Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : local.lan
Link-local IPv6 Address . . . . . : fe80::8451:be6b:f8f9:6939%12
IPv4 Address. . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.1.4
Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0
Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : fe80::225:5eff:fe8c:da2%12

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Media State . . . . . . . . . . . : Media disconnected
Connection-specific DNS Suffix . :

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 6:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 7:

Tunnel adapter Local Area Connection* 16:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : local.lan

but if i type 192.168.1.1 in the address bar of internet explorer, i get the standard error page with "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage". i tried switching the last two digits with 0 and 2 as well. same error.

Use ipconfig /all

Then note down "default gateway" and use that ip in your browser and it should work :)

it is showing the same ip address and not going thru. :-(

internet works fine - even as i am posting this msg here on this forum.

btw should the laptop be physically connected to the modem? it currently connects thru wifi.

btw should the laptop be physically connected to the modem?
Nope. Physical connection via Ethernet cable is not required.

Do a hard reset. Just make sure you know the username and password for your BSNL connection, because these will be erased.

Do you have more than one pc connected to the router and working at the same time? I have experienced problems with accessing router page from one of the computer in such a case.

Do you have more than one pc connected to the router and working at the same time? I have experienced problems with accessing router page from one of the computer in such a case.

nope. just one laptop hooked to the router.

You have the following options:

Option 1) (Easiest) Configure your modem in bridge mode. All ports are forwarded by default.

Option 2) (Medium) Assign a static IP to your desktop/laptop. In the modem setup, go to 'Advanced' options and select NAT/DMZ. Enter the above IP address (of the PC) in NAT/DMZ.

Option 3) (Hardest) Assign a static IP to your desktop/laptop. In the modem setup, go to port forward option. Enter the IP address that is given to desktop/laptop. Enter the port number that you wish to forward.

Remember to save and reboot.

If you understand the concepts, it is easy: Understanding Port Forwarding

guys, i am able to open the modem configuration page now - with the help of the bsnl technician.

but i need to know how to do (any of) the above listed three options.

appreciate the help.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back