buchardt audio speakers

square_wave

These guys seems to be ex dynaudio / scanspeak. Good reviews. There are a few " on the fence " audiophiles who are asking if they are really as good as what the reviews suggest. These are people who are looking at entry level speakers from the established brands who could get these if they stretch the budget a bit. Anyone done any comparisons? First hand experience will be appreciated.

These guys seems to be ex dynaudio / scanspeak. Good reviews. There are a few " on the fence " audiophiles who are asking if they are really as good as what the reviews suggest. These are people who are looking at entry level speakers from the established brands who could get these if they stretch the budget a bit. Anyone done any comparisons? First hand experience will be appreciated.

Some fm has bought a pair. Don't really recollect the handle

These were on my radar initially until I got know about Rethm Aarka. Good consistent reviews but no user experience yet. Unable to recollect its name there was another speaker very similar to S400

Wow! These look tasty.
@Kumar442244 did you get a chance to listen to them? I wonder what the customs duty was like on these.

I am still waiting on my Daynes, probably will collect them from Mumbai customs this Friday. Hence, I have not yet had a chance to play on the Buchardts.

Nevertheless I am not really sure how much help I could be to you guys. Not sure I can describe the speakers like reviewers on You tube or like you guys on audiophile sites.

I am currently listening to music on LSR 305s via topping D30, once I play on the Buchardts hopefully over the weekend, lets see if I can describe the difference in words.

I am still waiting on my Daynes, probably will collect them from Mumbai customs this Friday. Hence, I have not yet had a chance to play on the Buchardts.

Nevertheless I am not really sure how much help I could be to you guys. Not sure I can describe the speakers like reviewers on You tube or like you guys on audiophile sites.

I am currently listening to music on LSR 305s via topping D30, once I play on the Buchardts hopefully over the weekend, lets see if I can describe the difference in words.

Hi Kapeel,
I'm sure you won't be disappointed. My S400s arrived Aug 2019. Bass is awesome. The online reviews are quite spot on. Notice that the lil fellas sound good even at low volumes.
But I hv read u need decent wattage to bring out their best. And one more thing.....they sound good even straight outta the box. With about 100hrs, they just sparkle.
Do use substantial stands. Mine I ordered from Buchardt and I filled them with 3/4 sand.
Do share your initial findings once you take delivery of your S400s.
Cheers

Hi Raja,

My speakers are S300 and not the S400 and am loving them every bit. Coming from LSR 305s these speakers are truly musical. The sound is tight, base is pronounced and like you said each and every review available online or on you tube is spot-on. If nothing else it becomes very obvious in the first hour that the Buchardts are non fatiguing these are speakers you can listen to for hours. I am just very happy every time I play music with these.

This is my first high end Hifi gear and I have been kicking myself for not picking these up years ago.

I was also a tad skeptical of the Dayens Menuettos considering they are only 70db @ 4ohms but boy o boy was I wrong. The Dayens are such a good match to the Buchardts, even to my untrained ears.

Having these around for just the last week, it is so obvious to me that the Topping D30s are such an obvious weak link in the chain and am now desperate to replace them.

Regards,
Kapeel

<snip>
I was also a tad skeptical of the Dayens Menuettos considering they are only 70db @ 4ohms but boy o boy was I wrong. The Dayens are such a good match to the Buchardts, even to my untrained ears.<snip>
Care to elaborate?

Hi Raja,

My speakers are S300 and not the S400 and am loving them every bit. Coming from LSR 305s these speakers are truly musical. The sound is tight, base is pronounced and like you said each and every review available online or on you tube is spot-on. If nothing else it becomes very obvious in the first hour that the Buchardts are non fatiguing these are speakers you can listen to for hours. I am just very happy every time I play music with these.

This is my first high end Hifi gear and I have been kicking myself for not picking these up years ago.

I was also a tad skeptical of the Dayens Menuettos considering they are only 70db @ 4ohms but boy o boy was I wrong. The Dayens are such a good match to the Buchardts, even to my untrained ears.

Having these around for just the last week, it is so obvious to me that the Topping D30s are such an obvious weak link in the chain and am now desperate to replace them.

Regards,
Kapeel

Good on you man!
With some hours on them, they'll sure sho you a good time.
Mine opened up even more somewhere between the 50 to 80 hour mark.
Rock on!

Cheers

Anyone compared these to established brands like Dynaudio, Harbeth, Atc, Pmc etc.. ?

The peeps on youtube have given them some good reviews. However, the music some of those guys use to review is horrid so not sure about their perspectives. 2 of the popular reviewers on youtube are totally into electronic music so cannot get any insight about tonality, musicality etc.

Good marketing strategy with off the shelf electronics & with an exorbitant price tag.

take a look at one of the rare reviews which bare open the hype the promoters of Buchardt audio has created!,

A very interesting review of the S400 is up on ASR. The thread is also quite intriguing. Although I don't really understand the science (not even the basics) - some of the conclusions by the posters are quite revealing.

It appears that the KEF R3s trump the S400s - atleast when it comes to measurements.

Audio Science Review - S400s

Despite the pseudo negative review I'm still not unconvinced by these speakers. But then, i'm partial to smooth sounding - easy to listen to speakers - and most reviews allude to the S400s sounding as such.

A very interesting review of the S400 is up on ASR. The thread is also quite intriguing. Although I don't really understand the science (not even the basics) - some of the conclusions by the posters are quite revealing.

It appears that the KEF R3s trump the S400s - atleast when it comes to measurements.

Audio Science Review - S400s

Despite the pseudo negative review I'm still not unconvinced by these speakers. But then, i'm partial to smooth sounding - easy to listen to speakers - and most reviews allude to the S400s sounding as such.
R3 irrespective of the price is an excellent reference speaker as far as accurate sound is concerned. But we have more ls 50 fans than r series fans. On my first listen on the r3, I was immediately in love with the modern kef sound. Ls50 was the one that let me down after reading rave reviews. Also it looks beautiful in person with that optional grills. I mean it is understated, modern and but not blant. Ls 50 looks good from front and from sides it slightly resembles an old tv kept side ways.

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back