Budget 1.5 Lakh: Jamo S626 HCS + Jamo J10 sub with Denon 1500x Avr?

ritvik93

Hi All,

I live in Delhi and I’ve been searching for a 5.1 surround sound option for a while now and recently I auditioned the setup mentioned in the title @ Cinebels. It’s costing me rought 1.5L and I like how it sounds. (61k speaker package , 34k sub and 60k for AVR)

The room has a space of 18x15 feet.

Can you audio gurus suggest any other options that I should audition besides this in the same budget or should I go ahead with this setup?

^ You are getting ripped off on the Denon.. It is 50K after discounts. Check with ProFx or Bass'n Treble

Hi All,

I live in Delhi and I’ve been searching for a 5.1 surround sound option for a while now and recently I auditioned the setup mentioned in the title @ Cinebels. It’s costing me rought 1.5L and I like how it sounds. (61k speaker package , 34k sub and 60k for AVR)

Can you audio gurus suggest any other options that I should audition besides this in the same budget or should I go ahead with this setup?

Check with other dealers........Profx would be selling Yamahas and Denons....Polk Audio speakers.......usually they rope in 10% discount......audition various brands and models....never reveal your actual budget......you can either end up saving or slightly increasing the same.

Trust your ears....no AVR is future proof....features and gimmicks keep getting added up every 6-12 months.....

Marantz is more towards music 70%

Yamaha / Pioneer are 50:50

Denon more towards movies.....80%

If you are not that interested into ATMOS or the other gimmicks offered, you can possibly get a nice flagship old model which will serve your needs...

^ You are getting ripped off on the Denon.. It is 50K after discounts. Check with ProFx or Bass'n Treble

Wow. Thanks for the heads up , Guess I need to check out more places then!!

Check with other dealers........Profx would be selling Yamahas and Denons....Polk Audio speakers.......usually they rope in 10% discount......audition various brands and models....never reveal your actual budget......you can either end up saving or slightly increasing the same.

Trust your ears....no AVR is future proof....features and gimmicks keep getting added up every 6-12 months.....

Marantz is more towards music 70%

Yamaha / Pioneer are 50:50

Denon more towards movies.....80%

If you are not that interested into ATMOS or the other gimmicks offered, you can possibly get a nice flagship old model which will serve your needs...

I was actually keen on upgrading to ATMOS at some point so wanted an AVR capable of it. But still not sure if it really is worth it.
I'm looking for a 50:50 setup which is why I want to get floor standers for the front speakers. Could you recommend some Polk Speakers x Yamaha AVR that I could Audition? I plan on visiting Profx and Bass n Treble on Saturday.

Last edited:

I was actually keen on upgrading to ATMOS at some point so wanted an AVR capable of it. But still not sure if it really is worth it.
I'm looking for a 50:50 setup which is why I want to get floor standers for the front speakers. Could you recommend some Polk Speakers x Yamaha AVR that I could Audition? I plan on visiting Profx and Bass n Treble on Saturday.
You can audition Yamaha rxv 685 avr. Its the latest model which supports atmos (5.2.2) and has more power output than Denon 1500h. You might get it for around 55k. For speakers you can audition Polk s50 , s55or Polk S60( depending on your budget). Have heard good things about these polk new signature series floorstanders.

Try the RTiA series of Polks...they are good.,pair well with Yamaha

You can audition Yamaha rxv 685 avr. Its the latest model which supports atmos (5.2.2) and has more power output than Denon 1500h. You might get it for around 55k. For speakers you can audition Polk s50 , s55or Polk S60( depending on your budget). Have heard good things about these polk new signature series floorstanders.
Try the RTiA series of Polks...they are good.,pair well with Yamaha

Thanks guys, will check these options out on Saturday and get back ! :D

An atmos setup will take you movie experience to a different level. If u can, go for it,make your system future proof by buying the best amp u can.

With a budget of 1.5L, i would suggest at-least a 9.2 Atmos / Dts X capable AVR.. Either 5.2.4 layout (or) 7.2.2 layout depending on your preference..

Pioneer LX 303 - abt 70K.. For the remaining budget, you can pick speakers and subwoofers..

Are there any good Atmos receivers (7.1 or 5.1) that have more pre-outs (2 or 4 channels) so that we can add external amps and drive the Atmos speakers? Reason is getting a 2-channel or 4 channel amp to drive these pre-outs will still be cheaper than getting a 9.2 or 11.2 AVR !

Are there any good Atmos receivers (7.1 or 5.1) that have more pre-outs (2 or 4 channels) so that we can add external amps and drive the Atmos speakers? Reason is getting a 2-channel or 4 channel amp to drive these pre-outs will still be cheaper than getting a 9.2 or 11.2 AVR !

From the most popular AVR brands, i think not more than a pair of pre-outs is aval as expansion..

At this point of time, i don't recollect any 5.1 AVR with pre-outs to expand to 7.1.. Similar is with 7.1 AVR.. None of them have pre-outs to expand to 9.1 ..

Pre-outs with expansion start with 9.2 AVR and upwards..

Yamaha RXV 685 has 2 pre-outs for speakers (apart from regular 2 sub pre-outs). But i dont think it is for expanding 7.1 to 9.1. It's only to get increased power output per channel if an external amplifier is used to amplify your 2 front channels.

Hi All,

I also auditioned JAMO speaker setup at Cinebels in bangalore..how ever it did not impress me. The bass was heavy and highs were not pleasing to ears...

May be the tuning issue in their demo room, if you liked it ,fine. JAMO SUB was good , Speakers weren't impressing me much.

Try Polk combo from ProFX , and other speakers Monitor Audio , DALI , Sonodyne ..etc.

Hi again Audio Gurus!

I have an update from my end.

I auditioned a few more speaker setups and have short listed the two setups shown in the image for my bedroom. Will go for Denon x1500 or x2300/ x2500 depending on the kind of deal I get. Honestly, the setup sounds way better with the 2xxx series AVR. Can you guys help me out with the fair prices for these components as I still have to agree to the final discounted price for my setup. I’m inclining more towards the Dali setup because of it’s bright nature which really makes it shine for stereo music listening. I feel the polk setup is a notch better for movies because of it’s dynamic sound. I also auditioned Monitor Audio Bronze 5 and I’m no expert but I felt that they weren’t being driven that well with Denon x1500. Utterly confused right now. Please share your views and suggestions guys.
460EB14E-2990-4DBC-A04C-94B457A45994.jpeg

Only thing the 2500 has over the 1500 is a bit more power and 4K upscaling.

You could get the same from a Yamaha 685 which costs as much as the 1500 only.. What you also get is 2.2 preouts in case you wish to use an External Power Amp later.

I have heard the Dali and am very impressed by them. Initially go with the Towers in the front and get a Sub only if you feel the need. ( you won't)

Last edited:
Only thing the 2500 has over the 1500 is a bit more power and 4K upscaling.

You could get the same from a Yamaha 685 which costs as much as the 1500 only.. What you also get is 2.2 preouts in case you wish to use an External Power Amp later.

I have heard the Dali and am very impressed by them. Initially go with the Towers in the front and get a Sub only if you feel the need. ( you won't)

Hey buxx,

I'll try to Audition both these setups with the Yamaha 685. I definitely want to get the 5.1 system in one go because i've been planning to get such a setup since a while now :p .

@Everyone
Can you guys help with the pricing ? I'm holding off my final bargain until I get a decent Idea for the fair price of all these components.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back