Budget home theater setup

Vinodmj

Guys help me out, Iam new to this forum and I decided to buy taga harmony tav-406 v2, is it worth buying or should I go with 606se, my living room is kinda small (9, 16, 10) ?? Btw can Denon avr250bt power the tav-406 v2 and tav- 606se ?? Or any other suggestions budget is below 70k (including Avr and speaker set)

my living room is kinda small (9, 16, 10) ??

Which is W x L x H ?..

any other suggestions budget is below 70k (including Avr and speaker set)

You can complete an AVR + 5.1 set-up in your budget.. Any 5.1 AVR + you can consider either the Taga TAV series (or) Taga inmove 5.0 speakers package for 25K + Taga TSW 200 subwoofer for 25K (or) other brands in that budget..

Which is W x L x H ?..

You can complete an AVR + 5.1 set-up in your budget.. Any 5.1 AVR + you can consider either the Taga TAV series (or) Taga inmove 5.0 speakers package for 25K + Taga TSW 200 subwoofer for 25K (or) other brands in that budget..

L= 9 ( distance from the TV)
W= 16
H= 10

BTW, could you suggest an AVR to go with this setup. What the retailer suggested is Denon Avr x550bt, Denon Avr x250bt and pioneer vsx 330k.
Which one should I choose??, usage 100% only movies and budget for Avr is below 28k

What I planned is Denon Avr250bt, taga harmony tav-406 v2, and taga harmony tsw 90 v3 sub.

Last edited:
Is voltage stabilizer is enough for protecting the receiver from the fluctuations and power cuts??

Excuse me for asking so many questions, as a noob being extra careful.

W= 16
H= 10

BTW, could you suggest an AVR to go with this setup. What the retailer suggested is Denon Avr x550bt, Denon Avr x250bt and pioneer vsx 330k.
Which one should I choose??, usage 100% only movies and budget for Avr is below 28k

What I planned is Denon Avr250bt, taga harmony tav-406 v2, and taga harmony tsw 90 v3 sub.

You should be able to get any 5.1 AVR in your budget.. Yes Denon 540/550BT is also a good choice.. Which retailer is this ?

Is voltage stabilizer is enough for protecting the receiver from the fluctuations and power cuts??

Feel free to ask.. You may get good responses to your questions/issues..

If you live in the city, already have inverter at home, all you can do is adding a stabiliser to the AVR.. I use the stabiliser that is used for 1 ton A/c, and it just works fine..

Hi

Welcome to HFV

You will need a stabilizer or guard for such sensitive electronics if you have power fluctuations regularly....most who stay in remote parts do ensure that such protectors are in place.

You need to audition the systems and decide as you are the end user. Denon & Pioneer works well if you are more inclined towards movies...

Please dont restrict yourself to one dealer, there could be more dealers out there who may offer better rates....

Tagas will work well ....you need to decide on the model based on budget, appearance and overall performance.

If you are not too concerned about having the latest AVR features, perhaps you can check older models of AVR which could give you flagship performance.

Please read dedicated owner threads on the forum of various brands (Yamaha, Marantz, Pioneer, Taga, BIC America etc.) you will get first hand user experience and feedback on these brands...also see posts under What should I buy or Home Threatre

All the best!

W= 16
H= 10

You can also check yamaha rx383 or rx483.

Finally!! Bought Denon Avr x250bt, taga harmony tav-406 v2 and will be buying taga harmony tsw-90 in a couple of days.

But, what speaker wire do I need to buy and also the HDMI cable ( I watch only 1080p content and my TV supports only hdcp 1.4)??

And btw, which torrent group provides best sounding movies and what to check in "media info"?? ( Rargb's Remux copy sounds great, but file size is ridiculous )

Finally!! Bought Denon Avr x250bt, taga harmony tav-406 v2 and will be buying taga harmony tsw-90 in a couple of days.

But, what speaker wire do I need to buy and also the HDMI cable ( I watch only 1080p content and my TV supports only hdcp 1.4)??

And btw, which torrent group provides best sounding movies and what to check in "media info"?? ( Rargb's Remux copy sounds great, but file size is ridiculous )

Congrats on your purchase......

Speaker wire can vary from brand to brand and will cost accordingly...more than the branding...concentrate on the actual gauge required (depends on distance from amp or avr...most important OFC).

HDMI cables....Amazon....look at Blue Rigger......cost effective and works very well.

Torrent Group details ...you need to search over Google and find the best ones available.....Good quality files will be bigger due to the high quality Video and Audio.....

Hi Vinod,

How much you paid for the Denon AVR X250? I am also planning to setup a mini home theater in my sweet home.

Guys, do HDMI (1.4) arc pass loseless audio (Dolby digital true hd or DTS hd ma) when play a movie through USB drive in TV ??

No. They don't. In fact, some Tvs passes only stereo. Only eARC can support those HD codecs.

I just checked my Tv's pdf

"ARC (Audio Return Channel) (HDMI IN 1 only)
PCM, Dolby Digital, Dolby Digital Plus (except
KLV-32R412D), DTS "

So, it supports DD+ and DTS and it's fine for me, coz my movie source is torrents which has only lossy audio (bitrate- 1509 kbps).

Maybe in future I might buy a media player for lossless audio

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back