Building my dedicated Home Theater - An unfinished saga

Hi sud,

Your ht looks stunning.

1. The above link says "This item does not ship to India."
How did you manage to ship it to india.

2. For walls which colour paint you have used it looks grey,but
like to know the brand and colour shade.

3. Price for anutone tiles for ceiling,does the ceiling vibrate since you have used alluminium frames to hold them.

Thanks
r/s

1. I got it hand delivered through a colleague. You can get it shipped through the actual seller (carlofet.com). In fact, all my designs are using their diy resources.

2. I used Asian Paints Oil Emulsion - Shadow Grey. However, would strongly advise against using paint. I have a windowless room, so the paint causes irritation if the room is kept closed, should have used wall carpets.

3. Anutone tiles dont vibrate. I think I ended up paying around 20k for the tiles plus the frame and the angles. Mine is a 15*12 room.

Floor Carpet with 5mm foam - Malsa Global - 40,000
Recliners electrical controls - Recliners India - 35000 per seat, Total -140,000
Bookshelf - Fabfurnish - 5000
AV Rack - Design by Magma(Ali)- got it built locally - 15000
Anutone ceiling - 20000
Painting - 15000
Screen + Felt edge(hand carried) - Carlofet - shipped to India - 12000
Projector - Amazon US - got by hand - Rs. 45000

Equipment was bought over a period of time, so hard to price them. For example, the Paradigms were bought as a set of Rs. 1 lakh. But now cost double of that. Same for the Emotivas which cost me Rs. 82000, but is now much,much higher.

Hope this helps.

Last edited:
How about fresh air? Does the air con have a fresh air intake?
Shouldn't a windowless room have some arrangement, either in the air con or separate forced ventilation?

While its a windowless room, its truly isnt a sealed room as the door does let in air. While I have not stayed in the room for more than 3 hours, never felt that it was suffocating, even when we had a party and closed to 15 people were stuffed inside.

This is one explanation to your query from Quora.com

Even a closed room is not 100 percent airtight,

S0 there is air exchange which keeps happening from the environment to the closed room

But Let us calculate Oxygen values

There is 0.3 grams of oxygen in 1 liter of air.
So in a 10 feet cube room you will have 8.5 kg of oxygen
An average human will consume about 175 grams of oxygen in 8 hours

How does sealed aircondition room get oxygen so we not suffocated?

A person expends about 2000 calories in a day so in a night about 667. Now most of that is received from sugar at about 4 calories per gram so about 167 grams. About 40% of that is actually carbon atoms so about 67 grams of carbon is released by a human in 8 hours. This means about 178 grams of oxygen is used up to make CO2.

So if there are 4 people in the room they will consume 700 grams of oxygen
So even in a fully sealed room the quantity of oxygen in the room is more than 12 times the needed amount.

Of course in real life, we have opening of doors every few hours of so, which means that the high pressure cold air escapes to environment and is replaced by warm air from the environment.

Thanks for that, Sud. I am planning on a room with minimal openings. This is indeed a great help.

Some Learnings

1. Carpet was great from a sound as well as aesthetic perspective. The foam really gives a nice feel.
2. Paint reflects, whatever colour you choose.
3. Need to plan a better rack, else shifting it is a nightmare.
4. Having a pure sine wave UPS cuts out all the hum and is great esp. for music
5. Combining music and movies has some practical issues as the speaker placement needs to be different.

Cool setup SUB, really neat and nice looking. The screen could have been bigger, but that your choice however, I am no expert in sound and FMs can correct me, but shouldn't the floorstands be pushed back entirely against the wall for better sound throw?

Cool setup SUB, really neat and nice looking. The screen could have been bigger, but that your choice however, I am no expert in sound and FMs can correct me, but shouldn't the floorstands be pushed back entirely against the wall for better sound throw?

I think this is the biggest screen I could put up with some space for the speakers to breathe from the rear and back, else the bass becomes too pronounced.

While I started with a 120inch screen, the actual screen ended up around 124 due to the carpenters goof ups.

While I started with a 120inch screen, the actual screen ended up around 124 due to the carpenter's goof ups.

124" is not bad at all, does not look like in the picture, its 16:9 right?
Also speakers dont you think should be pushed back against the wall?

124" is not bad at all, does not look like in the picture, its 16:9 right?
Also speakers dont you think should be pushed back against the wall?

It a small room, so the angle makes it a bit deceptive.

Most people I talked to recommended to keep the speakers as far away from both side and back walls. I did check yesterday with keeping next to the back wall, did seem to boom a bit, although not very much. The space to the side walls from the frame is around 15 inches either side. With the speakers itself being around 8 inches, so really not much space from the side walls.

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back