Building my Home Theatre Room - Please guide me

Hi Reddream,

No doubt the quick purchase shows your love in car and you zooooooomed to Ax-200, which is a Good HD ready projector:clapping:. It had great reviews when it is released.

With ambient light you can play this PJ but for the present scenorio considering your later upgradation WHY YOU HAVE NOT OPTED FOR AN FULL HD PJ.

For going in to 4:3 Mattwhite screen any brand will do .. I have used liberty Mattwhite, it is perfect.. But my advice and also many forum memebers advice invest some more for Panoview screen which is more reliable. But cost vise it will be more... For any screen ensure before delivery the screen doesnt have any wrinkles and free from damages.

Just another advice, for bright room grey screens will do good, however NOT FOR DARK ROOM FOR BEGINNERS. Take an White/grey screen from the dealer and compare it and buy... He will be able to do a demo of the screens...

Have fun...:)

Last edited:
I am learning, I called few places for liberty screen, I always thought 6x8 is 120" 16:9, but I just learnt that it depends on the screen.

Since I want to watch mostly movies, need an 16:9 120", which I heard is got only from Panoview.

So, I will buy the Panoview. Anybody know any installers.

I am learning, I called few places for liberty screen, I always thought 6x8 is 120" 16:9, but I just learnt that it depends on the screen.

Since I want to watch mostly movies, need an 16:9 120", which I heard is got only from Panoview.

So, I will buy the Panoview. Anybody know any installers.

Hey Reddream,

No installers is need, it will cost you only Rs.300( Rs.150 for two exapandable anchor hooks + 150 as labour charges for drilling) to install it from outsiders. This job can be done by anybody who is having drilling machine... Not worth spending more...

Just see my pics attached. That is sufficient.. It will withstand atleast 100kg weight. Same hook i used for oonjal and 3 person with average weight of 60kgs can sit along..

dsc03932oy.jpg

Last edited:
congrats reddream on your purchse

i wud have suggested u go for a 1080p PJ
1080p is here to stay for @least 3-5yrs,before some other format comes up
u wud have got vaccinated from the infectious upgraditis bug

enjoy the new PJ , do post some pics

wud recommend panoview 120" 16:9 matt white screen as the BQ is better

Last edited:
Hey Reddream,

No installers is need, it will cost you only Rs.300( Rs.150 for two exapandable anchor hooks + 150 as labour charges for drilling) to install it from outsiders. This job can be done by anybody who is having drilling machine... Not worth spending more...

Just see my pics attached. That is sufficient.. It will withstand atleast 100kg weight. Same hook i used for oonjal and 3 person with average weight of 60kgs can sit along..

dsc03932oy.jpg

hi srini

looks like u have suspended the screen from your roof , doesnt it move when there is air from the AC or fan , as there is no support from the back

Mine is motorized so done it on ceiling and also i am using in living room, so it will be somewhat not attracted to anyone entering... For using an AC i dont have an issue of flying.. While using Fan flying issues will be there..

For living room or dedicated HT it is better to use in ceiling, somehow it may not be much visible...Manual screen can be tied up in a very very small hook after roll down in both ends or centre where provisions were given to avoid flying.

Congrats Reddream on your superfast PJ purchase:)

The HD20 would have taken some time to come from Techclave for Rs 60k.
Took about a month as the dealer got really loaded with orders due to his 10% off Diwali Offer. I missed out on the Diwali offer by one week:)

I am more of a car nut and racing is in my blood
Much more than AV nut, I am a car nut just like you. Not tried gaming yet but Teky on this forum is an avid PS3 gamer and has cast a magical spell on me and I am now wanting to start gaming too.

Came home and projected it on my cream wall 120", was an experience, cause this is the first time I am seeing a projector working.
So, taking all your advice will install the projector at the farmost end of my room 14 feet and will use the zoom ( I think zoom should be in between, now at 9-10 feet I am using max zoom).
Pictures please. Also, if you still have the option, install the projector at exact spot where you would not have to zoom at all to get your 120 inch image.

The grey market guy said he will get a liberty (8x6) for 4 k (said Indian one ) or 7k (Imported). Or should I get a grandview.

I need help choosing the screen.

Got 10m HDMI high speed from grey at 2500 Rs, and mount for 1,800 Rs. Need a component video 10m. Thats it, I am all set.
Contact Ramesh from Center Vision for grandview screen. His number is 9900523205 . Another member bought a 4:3 screen from him.

Also, when you say grey market, did you mean like National Market? Or a dealer who is unable to give you a warranty?

Even I was not very good at differentiating PQ unless it is very obvious. Meeting more and more HFV-ians will tell you how to difference between 720p and 1080p. I just decided to stick to the latest, so I don't have to upgrade for atleast 3 years. But all that is only true as long as you don't meet the Doctor who is himself suffering badly from upgraditis. He pointed me to an online thread where people had showcased Anamorphic format screens with mods to their projector. After this 16:9 format looks like 4:3 to me. I now want the picture to be wider for the same given height:clapping:.

i wud have suggested u go for a 1080p PJ
1080p is here to stay for @least 3-5yrs,before some other format comes up
u wud have got vaccinated from the infectious upgraditis bug
Yes Dr.Subhash is highly infectious. I was content and had made up my mind to not upgrade any of my AV equipment for atleast next one year. After I saw his setup, most AV equipment I have needs to be changed:lol:

Hey Reddream,

Reddream: Srini is right. You can mount it yourself or with the help of any technician with a drill gun. Ensure the level is right with a spirit level. If you are buying Panoview, you will definitely need the anchor hooks. Panoview is very very heavy. My roof is 8 feet at that point so I could fix it against the roof as well as the front wall. I used two anchor hooks and two 3 inch self tapping screws with a very rough thread for more grip.

. After this 16:9 format looks like 4:3 to me. I now want the picture to be wider for the same given height:clapping:.

16:9, 4:3 or 2.35:1 - What is the best screen format?

Only draw back of 2:35: 1::::: 16:9 and 4:3 subject matter is displayed in pillarboxed fashion in the center of the 2.35 screen, which we hate or you should have a mask sytem to produce a black bar to enjoy 16:9 / 4:3 movies..

Last edited:
16:9, 4:3 or 2.35:1 - What is the best screen format?

Only draw back of 2:35: 1::::: 16:9 and 4:3 subject matter is displayed in pillarboxed fashion in the center of the 2.35 screen, which we hate or you should have a mask sytem to produce a black bar to enjoy 16:9 / 4:3 movies..

2:35:1, no doubt (provided that you have the anamorphic setup or plan for near future). In a dedicated room, masking is not at all an issue. I suggest go for a anamorphic screen which can accomodate a 100/120" 16:9 screen. Later even if you dont want such a huge screen you can reduce the size of the anamorphic screen physically or by masking.

2:35:1, no doubt (provided that you have the anamorphic setup or plan for near future). In a dedicated room, masking is not at all an issue. I suggest go for a anamorphic screen which can accomodate a 100/120" 16:9 screen. Later even if you dont want such a huge screen you can reduce the size of the anamorphic screen physically or by masking.

Except Sumit or subhash.. forgot ....everybody is having only manual or motorized screens in their dedicated HT... 2:35:1 needs fixed screen right...

May be i will try on my next project....

Except Sumit or subhash.. forgot ....everybody is having only manual or motorized screens in their dedicated HT... 2:35:1 needs fixed screen right...

BeeMax is having a pull down screen, but very expensive. The purpose of a Pull Down screen is for using in a room which is used for other purposes also, like Living room. I am having 115" manual pull down screen from Draper Luma (Draper Inc.). I went for a pull down just because my pj will be in my living room (apartment). If I have a dedicated room (planning to have one in my house at native), I always prefer fixed screen (curved with acoustic transparent screen with speakers inside and if possible, will try a back projection), obviously DIY. Moreover masking will be easy for a fixed screen.

BeeMax is having a pull down screen, but very expensive. The purpose of a Pull Down screen is for using in a room which is used for other purposes also, like Living room. I am having 115" manual pull down screen from Draper Luma (Draper Inc.). I went for a pull down just because my pj will be in my living room (apartment). If I have a dedicated room (planning to have one in my house at native), I always prefer fixed screen (curved with acoustic transparent screen with speakers inside and if possible, will try a back projection), obviously DIY. Moreover masking will be easy for a fixed screen.

No doubt,curved and acoustic transperent screens are good looking. It will give a Theatre atmosphere even to a living room.

Srini, Thanks for that link. I had read this at the time of purchasing a screen. I am able to relate to it better now. I am not going Anamorphic in the near future. Just that I started planning my next HT already as my current room width and $$ will not be sufficient for a 2.35:1 :lol:

IIRC, Sumit has a fixed screen. For electronic masking, you definitely need a fixed screen. I read this on the Zoherandco site and it is an expensive thing. Opert and I have discussed DIY manual masking using Black Velvet cloth and curtain guides. We decided to leave this for later as we wanted to make this look good and clean execution requires time.

No doubt,curved and acoustic transperent screens are good looking. It will give a Theatre atmosphere even to a living room.

Curved Screen with acoustically transparent cloth would be just fantastic. You will also need curved seating and risers to get the best out of the experience.

Something more to increase your start

and the Official trailer which was unveiled in E3

Watch the Subaru's damage and alloys :)
There you go again. Makes me wonder if you work for Sony's PS3 Marketing division:lol:. Will pick up GT5-prologue soon after my salary credit. Another 7 days to go:)

PS: I almost missed your post mate as I posted immediately after and my post was in a new page.

No, the living room should look like a living room. What i am trying to do in my living room is to look like a living room aesthetically and can be converted to an HT room w/ acoustics.

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back