• Hello and Welcome to HiFiVision.com - an online community for the home entertainment and tech enthusiasts!

If you would like to ask a question, participate in a discussion and view attachments please Register yourself.

Building my own absolute budget bargain subwoofer

QUAD

Vinod.R

Hi Vinod,

Are you from Thrissur (your profile says so :)). I am from Trivandrum and do have WT, if you are planning to come to Trivandrum do let me know I can help you out with the measurement.

Thanks
Venki
Hi Venki,
Thanks man. Big help.
I will have to come to TVM only for this. :) Anything for a passion!
By the way what is WT? :) I guess a measurement tool to find TS parameters.
Vinod R

venki7744

Hi Venki,
Thanks man. Big help.
I will have to come to TVM only for this. :) Anything for a passion!
By the way what is WT? :) I guess a measurement tool to find TS parameters.
Vinod R
WT -Woofer tester. Travelling to TVM for this :-O. Probably you should be able to find someone who travels regularly to TVM. That would be faster :)

adas

Vinod.R

Thanks Aniket for the link showing how to use the above to measure ZMA and TS measurements.
I will go through it but looks complicated.

adas

Thanks Aniket for the link showing how to use the above to measure ZMA and TS measurements.
I will go through it but looks complicated.
This is cheapest solution for measurement or else you will need to pay approx 10K for datsv3..

Trishtalian

Welcome to DIY world... That Sub looks too good for the Price. & FM @superczar is right. A class D amp would have been better for a Sub Duty. And use speaker protection for the Amp as suggested by FM @saikatbiswas82 All the Best Bro & Enjoy ur Built Journey.
@sadik - Hi, can you tell me more about speaker protection for the amp? I am building a DIY sub. Any links or resources on it will be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

kapvin

I understand your point that driver capabilities matter and I was of the same opinion as you are. Please take a look of Powersound audio drivers imported from a company called B & C speakers from France. The technical parameters says only 34Hz to 1000Hz. However as a finished product, the subwoofer can cover Fs from 19Hz -160Hz as claimed by PSA. This is incredible.

https://www.bcspeakers.com/en/products/lf-driver/15-0/4/15ds115-4

For other members benefit I am also sharing the link of the dealer who may supply BC speakers. Its worth checking with them if anyone wishes to pursue DIY subwoofer project - https://www.premierprogroup.com/about-us/
from Mumbai, India.
BC speakers are really good. The 12bg100 was on my wishlist for a long time. but really expensive. With the typical markup of Indian distributor might be unaffordable .

yogibear