Building your own gaming desktop

navinsinha

I want a desktop to be assembled for gaming for my grandson. Are there any professional desktop assemblers in Mumbai who can professionally assemble it? I want to pay for labour only. I will buy the components myself. Any suggestions?

Yes. You can yourself assemble or check if someone can assemble it for you from the shop where you are purchasing the components.. First thing is to fix a budget, after that FMs can suggest you the configurations..

Yes. You can yourself assemble or check if someone can assemble it for you from the shop where you are purchasing the components.. First thing is to fix a budget, after that FMs can suggest you the configurations..
Thanks Bro! Can you kindly suggest the specification for some major components please?

I want a desktop to be assembled for gaming for my grandson. Are there any professional desktop assemblers in Mumbai who can professionally assemble it? I want to pay for labour only. I will buy the components myself. Any suggestions?

There are a few decent shops with PrimeABGB being the most sought after, would recommend to first go to www.techenclave.com and look at various threads on PC buying advice topic. This will help you identify suggested components in your budget and you will not be taken for a ride (component wise and price wise) when you go there.

Sure. Will check and update you. By the way 70k includes for monitor and UPS as well. Right?
70K depends on what kind of gaming rig your grandson needs. For graphically demanding PC games (like Assassin's creed, Crysis and many more)
you will require a GPU, processor, MB and RAM that will exceed your budget.

I would suggest the following
AMD Ryzen 3600X ( ~ 17-19k)
Asus/MSI b550 wifi motherboard ( ~ 10-12k , will be cheaper if you don't need wifi chipset)
8GB*2 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600 ( ~7- 8k)
Seasonic/Antec 650W SMPS ( ~ 5-6k)
Cabinet ( not sure which are recommended now, Codsair Carbide series are quiet good and set you back by 3-5k)

I would say the above are basic components to build a decent PC future proof for some time at least and would cost about 50k.

The pending components now would be Monitor , KB & Mouse , UPS and Graphics card. Let me start with
i) GPU - If you are open to used market you can get a Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti (18k)/ 1080 TI ( 23-25K) , RTX 2070 (27-30K)/ RTX 2080 (34-40K) , but would have almost no warranty remaining. From the newer generation cards though the cheapest would be a 3060ti which will set you back by atleast 40k-42k. So you will need to take a call on which way you want to proceed
ii) Keyboard and mouse - Few gaming combos are available for as low as 1.5k from Red Dragon and other brands, should be good enough
iii) Monitor - If purpose is casual gaming , you will get decent monitors upto/within 10k , if you need high refresh rate monitors with VA/IPS panels will cost you about 18-20k.
iv) UPS - 1KVA UPS will cost you about 4k-5k i believe.

Personally would suggest to go the used GPU route and upgrade if needed anytime in the future.

Last edited:
I had planned for this config last July (Prices in July 2020 @ Hyderabad)
1. Ryzen 5 3500=10.8k
2. Gigabyte 450 with wifi= 11.4k
3. 480 gb nvme (ssd)= 6.8k
4. 1TB hdd= 3.1k
5. RAM 8GB*2=6.3k
6. Inno 3d 1650 super 4gb Graphics= 13.5k
7. Corsair 450W smps=2.2k
8. Cabinet=2-4k max, subjective based on looks etc

Since there are newer gen Ryzen processor now, you can go for that or get intel based.
Lemington road shall be the best place to source components if you havent already.

I ended up buying asus TUF series laptop for 62 k, i5 9th gen, 8gb, 250gb ssd, 1TB HDD (post discount from Rel Digital) for following reasons
1. No need to buy monitor
2. No need to buy UPS
3. Portability (big plus)
4. Lot of upgrade option too- add another SSD, HDD, RAM can be upgraded to 32gb
5. Need less space

If you need raw processing power, then there is no comparison with desktops in terms of value and option to upgrade, else laptop makes more sense to me.

You can also consider the pre-built gaming rigs from Asus, they are going real cheap these days on Amazon/Flipkart.

70K depends on what kind of gaming rig your grandson needs. For graphically demanding PC games (like Assassin's creed, Crysis and many more)
you will require a GPU, processor, MB and RAM that will exceed your budget.
Sorry to say , this is a ridiculous statement. 70K is more than sufficient budget to get a decent mid-range PC that can comfortably play all those games in decent framerates .

Sorry to say , this is a ridiculous statement. 70K is more than sufficient budget to get a decent mid-range PC that can comfortably play all those games in decent framerates .
Well I did not have mid range PC in my mind. As GPU prices are going north, I was thinking about GPU like Asus Radeon RX 580 8GB and similar specs but yes 70K is doable.

I would suggest the following
AMD Ryzen 3600X ( ~ 17-19k)
Asus/MSI b550 wifi motherboard ( ~ 10-12k , will be cheaper if you don't need wifi chipset)
8GB*2 Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3600 ( ~7- 8k)
Seasonic/Antec 650W SMPS ( ~ 5-6k)
Cabinet ( not sure which are recommended now, Codsair Carbide series are quiet good and set you back by 3-5k)

I would say the above are basic components to build a decent PC future proof for some time at least and would cost about 50k.

The pending components now would be Monitor , KB & Mouse , UPS and Graphics card. Let me start with
i) GPU - If you are open to used market you can get a Nvidia GTX 1070 Ti (18k)/ 1080 TI ( 23-25K) , RTX 2070 (27-30K)/ RTX 2080 (34-40K) , but would have almost no warranty remaining. From the newer generation cards though the cheapest would be a 3060ti which will set you back by atleast 40k-42k. So you will need to take a call on which way you want to proceed
ii) Keyboard and mouse - Few gaming combos are available for as low as 1.5k from Red Dragon and other brands, should be good enough
iii) Monitor - If purpose is casual gaming , you will get decent monitors upto/within 10k , if you need high refresh rate monitors with VA/IPS panels will cost you about 18-20k.
iv) UPS - 1KVA UPS will cost you about 4k-5k i believe.

Personally would suggest to go the used GPU route and upgrade if needed anytime in the future.
Thanks a lot Bro, highly appreciated!

Sir,
Do we need UPS in Mumbai? We are not using even voltage stabilizer here for anything!

UPS is suggested as your device will turn off when there is a power cut. Issues arising could be
i) If there is high frequency of power cuts, there will be abrupt shut downs which is not good for the components.
ii) if you are working on anything and have not saved the same , all progress is gone (depends on software too), applies for in-game save too
iii) Protection against spikes which again can be achieved via cheaper alternatives but ups also facilitates the same

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back