Buying Music Online ? - Share your 'Vendor feedback' & 'Discounts available'

Sidharth Trehan

Planning to order a few cd's online?

i) You can check in here for feedback & experience of fellow members about a vendor, online-store they ordered from w.r.t. best Prices, Customer Service, Discounts & Offers!

ii) You can also check with other members in/around your city, who wish to order SACD/XRCD/LP ..and club the order together to avail discounts or to share the postage expense!

I alongwith a few that i know from Delhi have personally been ordering from

Amazon.com: Online Shopping for Electronics, Apparel, Computers, Books, DVDs & moreAmazon is well known for their customer service and i was recently refunded the full amount for an order which was to be received within the time period but was recieved few days after. The order was placed via an Amazon's associate vendor.

&
Elusive Disc - Hardware, Accessories, SACDs, Vinyl LPs, DVD-As and MORE! Call us (800)-782-3472
Have ordered SACD & XRCDs from Elusive disc and they have been GREAT at support & response.

Have also been offered stable discounts on bulk purchase -
5% on USD250
10% on USD500

PM me if you (or a few friends together) want to buy for that much amount & want to avail the discount. I shall advise you on whom to approach there to get the discount on your total value.

Feel free to the share information/discounts offered by other stores, for benefit of all.

Cheers
Sid

Last edited:
Planning to order a few cd's online?

i) You can check in here for feedback & experience of other members about a vendor, onlin-sore they ordered from w.r.t. best Prices, Customer Service, Discounts & Offers!

Hi sid

very recently i purchased music online from rhythm house based in mumbai.Their website is Rhythm House Home
They deliver free on an order above Rs 250.00...The music collection is pretty good.I liked their quick delivery and specially impressed by the quality of their packaging...

Thanks for pointing bro. I have been advised of them by a friend here in Delhi.
Their site is a bit too slow and not able to sort out SACD/XRCD from the usual discs. Have written to them asking same.

This way, could find sites like amazon and elusivedisc wonderfully fast and accurate for what was being searched. Yet i shall see what these guys have in stock.

tks anyway

May be slightly OT

Anyone know any website within India or else where dealing with E-delivery of music with acceptable quality. I'm tired of using iTunes which proves expensive than a Physical disc and lesser quality as well.

Tecky,
Click on the link given in reply by Ash above by the title - Rhythmhouse

they deliver cd's within india.

Sid,

Sorry I had to be clear - I just wanted to download the music, however wanted atleast 320Kbps. Amazon & iTunes seems low quality with my current FLAC collection.

My apologies rather, i just read your previous message with patience and could find it quite clear in what you were asking. I wont know of such site though, someone would certainly be of help from the forum.

wishes

May be slightly OT

Anyone know any website within India or else where dealing with E-delivery of music with acceptable quality. I'm tired of using iTunes which proves expensive than a Physical disc and lesser quality as well.

if you like classical music.. you could browse here

Deutsche Grammophon Gesellschaft - Catalogue

they have a good e-music collection. though their LPs and CDs are works of art (IMHO) in addition to great sonic quality ..

cheers

Have bought twice from Amazon UK.. And both times, the experience was very good. Amazon is a very good source for CD's, DVD's and Blu-Ray's, especially for Steelbook and Box Set Collector's Editions. Also, there are several bargain offers going all the time. You can read my post here.

Have purchased lots of LPs from importcds.com. They have the lowest prices out there and the stuff reaches in around 15 days.

I second that .Importcds.com is by far the cheapest for LP'S .Another on line site for CD's ,other than rhythmhouse.in , would by the chenai based landmarkonthenet.com . They have a decent collection and its free shipping.
nirmal

ImportCDs.com
spun.com
secondspin.com
amazon
landmarkonthenet
ebay

and whenever I come across some xtra money (rare event) I buy from chesky.com or acousticsounds.com

Though I have not used there services but for Hindi Music (Any) HamaraCD gives very decent option to catalog your own tracks and create a CD for a pretty nominal price.
I find this feature very handy.....

Rcvd a pack of Vinyls i ordered from Elusive Disc - Hardware, Accessories, SACDs, Vinyl LPs, DVD-As and MORE! Call us (800)-782-3472
The set of 11 came in BOX-IN-BOX type packing.

First outer shell was a big hard cardboard box was very well stuffed by 'thermacol shreds' & 'Bubble paper' and then in the core of all these packing material was the final vinyl sized cardboard box. (shall post pics of the packing soon, as its very important to know who 'cares' for your orders well!)

Very impressive packing yet again by Elusive Disc - Hardware, Accessories, SACDs, Vinyl LPs, DVD-As and MORE! Call us (800)-782-3472

And since i had placed some consecutive orders on them, so they were sweet enuf to give anyone a 10% off on the products we (members of HiFivision.com) buy from them, on a minimum purchase order of USD250 (instead of USD500 which they had set earlier).

Cheers

Last edited:
Rcvd a pack of Vinyls i ordered from Elusive Disc - Hardware, Accessories, SACDs, Vinyl LPs, DVD-As and MORE! Call us (800)-782-3472
The set of 11 came in BOX-IN-BOX type packing.
First out big hard cardboard box was very well stuffed by 'thermacol shreds' & 'Bubble paper' and then in the core of all these packing material was the final vinyl sized cardboard box.

Very impressive packing yet again by Elusive Disc - Hardware, Accessories, SACDs, Vinyl LPs, DVD-As and MORE! Call us (800)-782-3472

And since i had placed some consecutive orders on them, so they were sweet enuf to give anyone a 10% off on the products we (members of HiFivision.com) buy from them, on a minimum purchase order of USD250 (instead of USD500 which they had set earlier).

Cheers

Nice! Congrats and thanks!

Most welcome Gruby,
Yet, if anyone of us or a group of us ..place an order that touches USD250 ..then to claim the 10% on this purchase, the one placing the order will have to mail them stating that we are from hifivision forum, India. (mail id is given on their website)

its always better to club orders from a particular city, depending on who all are keen to buy online.

I usually find giving the premium (the shipping fee), just cause it gives me the ease to sit and order by a click of the key. Also, i first hear online what i want to buy (If i pick from Amazon). So its either Elusive (for the exotic collection) or Amazon for me ..

For now, i am done for next two months.

Merry shopping.

Nice! Congrats and thanks!

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back