buying yamaha rx-v863, suggest me a good speaker system

excuse him for his boldness venkat.. he would not have read some of ur posts in other threads till now..

Oh, don't worry Jayad, I only found that to be new and funny. I used to know a small German buy a long time ago who always used to call me 'Ventakh'. How much ever I tried, he could never say Venkat. I even used to guide him by asking to say 'When' and 'Cut' one after the other. He used to spell those words correctly, but when addressing me, he always ended up saying 'Ventakh'.

My only unhappiness with SMS, blogs, emails and all forms of communication related to the Net is the freedom that people take to murder English and get away with that. But I suppose people like me are getting rarer in the world.

@ Spiro, between the 863 and 1910, even today I prefer the the 863 for sheer power and authority it has on sound. Maybe the Denon 3310 can compete, but I have not yet auditioned that.

Cheers

now interesting to know,which will be the winner in 1910 & 863 if consider only SQ.
Venkat Sir too pls your input.

No doubt, 863 is the winner. 1910 is in no comparison to 863, probably you can compare 2310 and 863 and see which wins!

I guess even 663 will win over 1910, 1910 is the winner now because 663 is discontinued.

Venkat sir, correct me if I am wrong!

Cheers!

No doubt, 863 is the winner. 1910 is in no comparison to 863, probably you can compare 2310 and 863 and see which wins!

Cheers!

Thanks Venkat & svenkateshsmart,
Its really interesting to get a winner for lower price than Denon.
What can be price there?Chennai & Bangalore?
Is it 30k OR less?

@venkatcr : which would be ur dream setup of speakers for yamaha rx-v863 that money can buy with the best sound output ??? just curious to know as i have no idea of which company makes the best speakers in the world with everything included like satellite/towers/sub-woofers/centre speakers All in All....

please let me know..... ;)

@venkatcr : which would be ur dream setup of speakers for yamaha rx-v863 that money can buy with the best sound output ??? just curious to know as i have no idea of which company makes the best speakers in the world with everything included like satellite/towers/sub-woofers/centre speakers All in All....

please let me know..... ;)

:licklips:
such speakers can be only useful for listening music in dreams..
anyways the best that i hv seen till now is what audio people have setup..
here is one of them, which i liked.. but is about 1-2Cr if i remember correctly..
there several others which may even be better..

for the 863 the max speaker budget u should be aiming for should be 2L, more than that you would not be doing justice to the speakers..

Last edited:

Such questions have no relevance unless you have the money and inclination to blow. I think Jayad has already given a good answer. You should look at the power handling capabilities of the amplifier and chooses speakers that the amplifier can handle well. Within that list, audition a few and buy the ones you like. I have heard the 863 with speakers from Acoustic Energy, Epos, Canton, Dynaudio, Q-Acoustics, PSB, etc. Speakers from any of these companies can be made to work well with the 863 after a bit of tuning and calibration. Some of them sound bright, and some enhance the bass, and that becomes a personal choice.

The 'best sounding speakers in the world' is something most of us cannot afford unless we hit a lottery.

Cheers

ok thanks venkat sir... as i mentioned before it was just for curiosity.... anyway i will audition speakers of my taste personally & choose the best speakers for yamaha 863....

the only thing i wanted to know was which company speakers i should choose.... thats all...i think u gave me the answer.... i will choose one of those speakers.... thanks....

as i mentioned before it was just for curiosity....

OK, just to satisfy your curiosity let me mention a few speakers brands I dream about. Mind you, this has nothing to do with the Yamaha 863. These speakers need amplifiers of a different league.

For HT, one of the best speakers systems I have heard is the Meridian DSP8000 reference series.

For music I would look at three brands and models:

1. Bowers-Wilkins Nautilus series
2. Wilson Watt Puppy
3. Audire Speakers. (I already have a pair from them :))

Cheers

I have heard the 863 with speakers from Acoustic Energy, Epos, Canton, Dynaudio, Q-Acoustics, PSB, etc. Speakers from any of these companies can be made to work well with the 863 after a bit of tuning and calibration. Some of them sound bright, and some enhance the bass, and that becomes a personal choice.
Cheers

Ok! I will add a request here. Venkat can u pl group the above speakers in bass & treble department. I mean which of them sound bassey & vice versa.

thanks

Audire Speakers. (I already have a pair from them :))
Cheers

how much it costed you sir ???

one more question, what speakers i should buy to make justice to yamaha 863 ??? i mean brand & series... i can only add them one by one gradually because of money factor...

regarding the AV reciever i am getting the best one my budget can buy & also the speakers i will decide about it a little later. but i also need a good satellite reciever ( set top box- preferably FTA HD reciever) which i am willing to use it for FTA HD channel recieving in bangalore... AFAIK Dreambox DM8000 HD is the best i heard off...

any knowledge on this matter would be highly appreciated....;)

@venkatcr: sir, you didnt tell me how many speakers i should be buying ???
means, literally i dont have any clue about this audio system-what speaker to use for which sound production.... i think you know what i mean. dont discard this request as a noob question, kindly bear with me....

what i wanna know is which brand & how many speakers in detail & the number of speakers to have a best feeling while listening to music & watching movies.... let me inform you beforehand that till now i have not listened to any music coming from good audio setup like you all here have... so any sound other than from music system will obviously look a lot better for me.

hence i request you to please guide mein buying a best pair of speakers so that my investment will not go wasted for a long time.... its my humble request....

Acoustic Energy, Epos, Canton, Dynaudio, Q-Acoustics, PSB... Ok! I will add a request here. Venkat can u pl group the above speakers in bass & treble department. I mean which of them sound bassey & vice versa.

I will say the Cantons and maybe PSBs lean towards the base a bit more than the others. You should audition other brands also.

how much it costed you sir ??? one more question, what speakers i should buy to make justice to yamaha 863 ??? i mean brand & series... i can only add them one by one gradually because of money factor...

The Audire's? That, my friend, is a secret. As I said before, speakers are a personal choice. Please audition a few speakers based on what have been recommended and then at least create a short-list.

regarding the AV reciever i am getting the best one my budget can buy & also the speakers i will decide about it a little later. but i also need a good satellite reciever ( set top box- preferably FTA HD reciever) which i am willing to use it for FTA HD channel recieving in bangalore... AFAIK Dreambox DM8000 HD is the best i heard off...any knowledge on this matter would be highly appreciated....

Someone else has to help you here. I have no knowledge on this.

@venkatcr: sir, you didnt tell me how many speakers i should be buying ??? means, literally i dont have any clue about this audio system-what speaker to use for which sound production.... i think you know what i mean. dont discard this request as a noob question, kindly bear with me....

what i wanna know is which brand & how many speakers in detail & the number of speakers to have a best feeling while listening to music & watching movies.... let me inform you beforehand that till now i have not listened to any music coming from good audio setup like you all here have... so any sound other than from music system will obviously look a lot better for me.

Stereo music is always heard with two speakers placed in front of you. Here you have two choices - floor standing and bookshelves. Floor standing speakers provide a larger sound stage and are better for music that has a large number of artists and instruments such as western classical. They also provide slightly better control on the base, though this is arguable.

Movies can been seen with two speaker configuration - one is called 5.1 and the other is 7.1. In 5.1 you have two front speakers (that can also act as speakers for a stereo system), a centre channel speaker, two surround channel speakers, and a sub woofer. A 7.1 set has two addition rear or back speakers in addition to the 5.1 set.

I would recommend that you start with a minimum 5.1 if you want to see movies, though many people start with 2.1 or 3.1 and add centre and surround speakers later. All thsi depends upon your budget.

Cheers

Stereo music is always heard with two speakers placed in front of you. Here you have two choices - floor standing and bookshelves. Floor standing speakers provide a larger sound stage and are better for music that has a large number of artists and instruments such as western classical. They also provide slightly better control on the base, though this is arguable.

Movies can been seen with two speaker configuration - one is called 5.1 and the other is 7.1. In 5.1 you have two front speakers (that can also act as speakers for a stereo system), a centre channel speaker, two surround channel speakers, and a sub woofer. A 7.1 set has two addition rear or back speakers in addition to the 5.1 set.

I would recommend that you start with a minimum 5.1 if you want to see movies, though many people start with 2.1 or 3.1 and add centre and surround speakers later. All thsi depends upon your budget.

Cheers
well said sir.... thanks for ur preference.... thats all i wanted. because basically i had no idea from where to start before i knew about this site.... i am really happy that i know so much about audio system from the past 3 days...

let me make it simple for u to suggest me one good option, i have a budget of 20-25k for speakers.... now you tell me which brand i should go for ??? i rely on ur decision until i audition the speakers... all i am asking u here because i want to know from where to start.... i know this audio system field is an ocean.... hence the need of a good guide like you....

i really appreciate ur effort.... keep up the good work sir, and i must apologise to u that i didnt know ur age, hence i addressed u as venku..:sad:
please dont mind.....

Cheers

will i get a good boss with wharfedale 9.5 FS ??? because its well in my budget... whats the price of this wharfedale 9.5 FS ??? i remember someone here mentioning the price as 25k for a pair... is that true sir ??? i wanna know the latest price of this piece please... there are several flavours in 9.5 series like black/cherry etc.... which one to choose & where do i get it in bangalore & where particularly for a best deal ???

let me make it simple for u to suggest me one good option, i have a budget of 20-25k for speakers.... now you tell me which brand i should go for ??? i rely on ur decision until i audition the speakers... all i am asking u here because i want to know from where to start.... i know this audio system field is an ocean.... hence the need of a good guide like you....

i really appreciate ur effort.... keep up the good work sir, and i must apologise to u that i didnt know ur age, hence i addressed u as venku..:sad:
please dont mind.....

Hey, no offence taken to your calling me Venku. I just found it very funny, that is all. I was also very curious. I thought maybe you conjectured I was from AP. :)

Regarding speakers at 25K, if you ready to start building over time, I would suggest you look at something like a 2.1 from Wharfedale or Q-Acoustics. In Q-A see if you can go in for the floor standing speakers for the fronts. Over the next one year or so, whenever you have money, you can add the other speakers such as centre and surround speakers slowly. The 2.1 will be decent for music and will be the bare minimum needed for movies.

Cheers

Regarding speakers at 25K, if you ready to start building over time, I would suggest you look at something like a 2.1 from Wharfedale or Q-Acoustics. In Q-A see if you can go in for the floor standing speakers for the fronts. Over the next one year or so, whenever you have money, you can add the other speakers such as centre and surround speakers slowly. The 2.1 will be decent for music and will be the bare minimum needed for movies.

Cheers

which one u prefer among these 2 brands ??? which one is more powerful in delivering better sound ? & which one looks better & which one is more cheaper ? i think i am not boring u by these silly questions, if u could elaborate in detail while explaining to me, especially to me, i would be more than happy as i am still in the learning phase...

how about the build quality of the one u pick among these two ???

Hey, no offence taken to your calling me Venku. I just found it very funny, that is all. I was also very curious. I thought maybe you conjectured I was from AP. :)

Cheers
yes,venkatcr makes a lot of valid options for your set-up!You could also look at B&Ws 685 for music then go from there too.:)

Manu plz visit link below and do the needful, to cover almost all initial queries, that one have at the beginning. I hope this will help to some extent.

http://www.hifivision.com/general-chit-chat/8304-how-tos-beginners-home-theatre-dummies.html

Regards:)

there was no attachment in that link. anyway from now onwards i will be more matured while asking questions. i dont want to piss off u guys....

i am really confused as hell, i even started thinking why i developed this passion of listening to music at some time.... its really killing me as i dont have that much money & i cant console myself to settle for less in terms of quality of sound..... strange behaviour.... will see....;)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back