CA 540R connectivity query

koushikp

Hi all,

Finally I have acquired my new HT setup, thanks to all you guys for your valuable inputs...finally its MS Avant series speakers (904i as front channels) +CA 540R V2 receiver+CA 540D DVD player....The speakers have arrived yesterday, while the receiver and the DVD player is yet to arrive, the speakers are connected to a borrowed CA 640 for the time being...

I am yet to connect the receiver to the 5.1 system, will do it over the weekend probably when I have time, now an old LG dvd player is connected to it through the RCA stereo and composite connection..

I will eventually have three sources - XBOX 360 (Component), CA 540D DVD (HDMI) player and a Tata Sky STB(composite)... I was of the impression that the receiver would be able to switch all inputs through 1 HDMI out cable, but I dont think the CA540R does that (not sure, will have to go through the manual), so it means that for every input there will be a set of wire going to the TV, this means that my current set of wire just doubles...not a desirable situation at all...

I was thinking whether there will be any issue if I connect the video inputs from all the sources directly to my LCD (it has HDMI also) and connect the sound inputs to the receiver?

Hi,

I have the same receiver. And your understanding is correct: there is no transcoding of video signal to component or HDMI.

Your solution of video direct to TV is good. With some receivers this may be a problem due to loss of sync between the video and audio. However, CA does very minimalistic processing. So this may not concern you.

Regards,
Prasad Redkar.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back