CA Sirocco 5.1 - impressions?

pinkfloyd

How's CA Sirocco 5.1 set?

I am planning an HT setup and will buy a Denon 1910. Am thinking of Wharfedale FS 9.5/10.5 for now (and probably rest of the system later). But Siroco with full 5.1 at 45k seems tempting.

corElement seems to be considering it the best buy around the price range. Just wondering whats the opinion of the other forum members. How would these be compared to say, Wharfedales (or the Q-Acoustics package that gets frequent mention).

And would any Sirocco owners out there care to comment on the performance?

Woah lol

Ty for the quote, yes I do believe they are a nice deal for 45 but others might agree with me when I say the sub might not be upto mark but hey I'd pick this set over say an onk or klipsch quintlet 7.1 set at 55-60.

The wharfedale 10.5 is better than the 10.6 if one prefers more detail in sound as it comes with a dome midrange driver and a true crossover for dedicated midrange, I'm not sure but I think its around 400-500hz ? Few speakers below the 50k mark have a true midrange crossover.

Going by a more general factor of driver size and some decent quality standards, the smaller a driver is the more accurately it can produce sound. A 2.5inch dome midrange will indeed produce a lot of nice instrumentation but voices might be slightly drowned on a stereo amp but on an avr if you cut it off and send deeper lows to the sub it should be ok.

One would have to decide... a set at 45 vs a pair for 36. I dont know the crossovers in the s70 floorstanders but if the s30 bookshelves are an example, the s70's shouldnt dissapoint.

I havnt heard Q acoustics so I cant say but my personal preference is away from htib's over the 25k mark. Would much rather get a stereo bookshelf pair and stereo amp.

those
How's CA Sirocco 5.1 set?

I am planning an HT setup and will buy a Denon 1910. Am thinking of Wharfedale FS 9.5/10.5 for now (and probably rest of the system later). But Siroco with full 5.1 at 45k seems tempting.

corElement seems to be considering it the best buy around the price range. Just wondering whats the opinion of the other forum members. How would these be compared to say, Wharfedales (or the Q-Acoustics package that gets frequent mention).

And would any Sirocco owners out there care to comment on the performance?

Last edited:
Hi

45k is MRP of Sirocco 5.1. You can get it for much less. I was quoted about 38k 2 months ago.

regards

Arvind

Uh-oh now a 38K 5.1 set with floorspeakers...too sweet a deal.
I am wondering - where's the compromise (I don't believe in free lunches).

How come there aren't any owners around these forums?

41K quote for Sirroco series: S70 floorstanders (front left, right), S50, centre, S30 rear, sub - I think I heard from the dealer right.

It seems to be a good deal for CA. Right ?

Pinkfloyd, Usual sub sat packages in that price bracket. Else the Q A 1000 cinema, Wharfedale 9 HCP/10HCP, Mission Mv package when one increases the budget.

Even I dont believe in a free lunch, but the Mission MV package is now quoted at 41k and less. It has MV8, which is the latest equivalent of the m34i supposed to cost around 18k.

Baljeem, It all depends on how it sounds, doesnt it? We are all going on the assumption that it would sound good because:
1. CA s30 sounds good and costs only 8k.
2. Its a CA product and CA are often known to heat up the budget entry level market with Vfm products.

Last edited:
Sounds like excellent value. Would love to hear it. Let me see if I can find a dealer with this stuff on demo in Chennai (and also the time to go and check it out).

Current assessment: decent brand, relatively inexpensive, excellent finish (as pointed out by corElement and visible in the pics too) and the 'sibling' sounds good!

psychotropic, if you do get to audition these, do let us know your opinion.

do you know if cressida has it on demo? home talkies is a bit far for me. Cressida used to be right next door, but they shifted out to RA puram.

Hi,

There are 2 cambridge dealers (Cressida AV Zone & Home Talkies) in Chennai & both quoted almost identical prices - approx 20% discount on MRP.

regards

Arvind

and how did you find it?

For the price point, CA Sirocco 5.1 is good. Though usually, the surrounds (S30) are never in stock - normal waiting period is about 2 weeks. But if you are willing to stretch your budget, you'll definitely find better choices. I have auditioned CA Sirocco 5.1, Q Acoustics 1010 5.1 & Wharfedale Diamond 5.1 package (with 10.1 & with 10.4). Of this, I would rate CA at the bottom & Diamond 10.4 at the top (which is obvious considering their price). Will probably decide after auditioning Q acoustics 2010 series & Diamond 10.2. As of now, leaning towards Diamond 10.4

regards

Arvind

Buy from India's official online dealer!
Back