Cables in Mumbai

manas27587

Hey..

So i have finally bought myself a Mission 5.1 and a yamaha rxv467.

No come the tough part of buying the cables...

I have gone through the forum and it seems that diff speakers require different guage wires.

So wat cables shud i buy?

Towers - 3 mtrs each
sub - Max 1 m
centre - 2 m
surrounds - left 8 m right - 13 mtrs

this is the amt i require the way i am gng to wire them..

I was suggested to go for ofc cables and diff guages as well...

can u pls temme a place to buy and the type to buy???

Thx in advance

Congrats on your purchase of AVR and speakers.

I dont know about cables.

I am interested to know, if left and right surrounds can have different length. Is it ok to have different length for left and right channels (surround/front) or should it always be same? Experts shall throw some light on this

Last edited:
You can try Belden speaker cables - 12 awg
Sub cable will be different.

I am interested to know, if left and right surrounds can have different length. Is it ok to have different length for left and right channels (surround/front) or should it always be same? Experts shall throw some light on this

ReaAlly ??
I would love to have some insight !

I use same length cables for the surrounds and also the same length cables for the front speakers. On using a grossly different length, I noticed a drop in loudness in the speaker with the longer cable. I tried with a thick monster cable and yet this effect due to resistance was seen.
In stereo this led to a shifted soundstage.

You have another options too from cheaper MX to highfif as DAC,Supra,Chord(on hifimart)

alrite guys ....actually spoke to guy from mission....he said by varying lengths it shud not matter...he did say that sound quality may suffer a bit..but asked me to get 16 guage cables for them..

so i finally did purchase the cables ...

I got a 30m roll for 1070 18 guage dac brand
For the SW i purchased a 1.5m mx cable for 310bucks

alrite guys ....actually spoke to guy from mission....he said by varying lengths it shud not matter...he did say that sound quality may suffer a bit..but asked me to get 16 guage cables for them..

how much did the dac cables cost you per metre?

where did u find these?

try the hifi vision mart for Chord Carnival. It is more expensive but IMHO it will do justice to your amp and speakers. Its a completely shielded cable and is veyr very nice for the money. You can even choose the right kind of connectors. and the best part is, that it will be SHIPPED to you!

sorry i misread the actual post. unfortunately in kolkata SKS Traders have said 100 ruper per meter for the DAC cables. :(((

one correction, the cable is 16 gauge as compared to 18 gauge of yours and I think on negotiation it comes down to somewhere around 80 / 85

Back