Cables Recommendation

Do you have any Indian links from where better cables and plugs can be bought? WIll the local electrical stores have such cables? Any particular spec to keep an eye on?

MaSh
I could not find any good power cable in India, i will say 2.5 sqmm is good enough and shielding is most important, shielding give unbelievable improvement. I am currently using supra lorad spc background is more silent than before. I have also used polycab shielding cable did not like it. Tried wireworld stratus 7 and lapp cable but supra suit my system best.

Hi Guys

Is this Amazon Basic Cable good enough to get going for the time being?

Thanks.

Since your amp and DAC are balanced, pick up a pro-audio cable like Belden / Mogami / Canare to start
Where to find those, in the end I want XLR cable only. I couldn't find any easy buy option so thought of picking up whats available just to power up my system.

Hi FMs

Need some advice on RCA cable, I am going to order Amazon Basics 15 feet RCA for now. I will use this cable for DAC to Amp for the time being until I find the XLR cable. After that I am thinking to use the same RCA cable to run from subwoofer to integrated amplifier as I want to give a try to my sub with Fortes, not sure if I would need a sub now but since I already have a sub so hook up at times.

My question is how important is the quality of RCA cable for sub woofer? I am hoping Amazon Basics should be good enough for sub?

opinions?

For USB I have already found a printer cable. For speakers I have a 14 AWG very basic copper unterminated one. So just matter of a pair of XLR now.
I feel the same. Upgrade your interconnects at first so that there is no loss of signal from the source to the amp. And rest of the cables may be upgraded subsequently at later stage.

Hi FMs

Need some advice on RCA cable, I am going to order Amazon Basics 15 feet RCA for now. I will use this cable for DAC to Amp for the time being until I find the XLR cable. After that I am thinking to use the same RCA cable to run from subwoofer to integrated amplifier as I want to give a try to my sub with Fortes, not sure if I would need a sub now but since I already have a sub so hook up at times.

My question is how important is the quality of RCA cable for sub woofer? I am hoping Amazon Basics should be good enough for sub?

opinions?
[/QUOTE]

I think for subwoofer it should be fine. But with the quality of your other equipment, do get some good cables (not ultra expensive neccessarily) they make whole lot of difference. All cables matter.

Hi FMs

opinions?

I think for subwoofer it should be fine. But with the quality of your other equipment, do get some good cables (not ultra expensive neccessarily) they make whole lot of difference. All cables matter.
[/QUOTE]
I agree. Just to get starting I just need any kind of cable.

I agree. Just to get starting I just need any kind of cable.
[/QUOTE]

I have a spare canare l4e6 with neutrik xlr connectors. I also have a used klotz 4mm speaker cable. That should get you kickstarted and may also keep you satisfied for long. PM me if interested.

Can anyone recommend a USB cable for connection between Allo USBridge and Chord Qutest. Some options that I'm considering is QED - Performance graphite, OR Supra USB OR Transparent Hardwired or Soundfoundations USB cable (Which is currently Out of Stock). All these are withing the 4K range.

Vivek, I am going to give a contrarian suggestion. Try Lyrita ICs. These are visually shocking - looks kind of exposed metal wire with enamel coating with MX (or similar) connectors. But the sound I get through them I couldn’t through a host of other branded ones I tried - Nordost, VDH etc in the past. It is in one word, ‘immersive’. When I use the branded ones, I feel like I am dipping my feet into a river. With these it feels like jumping into the river. I don’t (now) care much for audiophile properties though as long as the music moves me. They are also shockingly priced - very very reasonable. The challenge is, Mr Bakhshi provides them with equipment purchase, hope you are able to coax him into making a pair. Whether you eventually go with them or not, these should be tried out once.

I’ve also noticed that some very senior FMs and audio hobbyists prefer using stock cables, simple interconnects and basic speaker cables with high end equipment. But I guess each one of us has to go through our own learning curve.

Last edited by a moderator:
Vivek, I am going to give a contrarian suggestion. Try Lyrita ICs. These are visually shocking - looks kind of exposed metal wire with enamel coating with MX (or similar) connectors. But the sound I get through them I couldn’t through a host of other branded ones I tried - Nordost, VDH etc in the past. It is in one word, ‘immersive’. When I use the branded ones, I feel like I am dipping my feet into a river. With these it feels like jumping into the river. I don’t (now) care much for audiophile properties though as long as the music moves me. They are also shockingly priced - very very reasonable. The challenge is, Mr Bakhshi provides them with equipment purchase, hope you are able to coax him into making a pair. Whether you eventually go with them or not, these should be tried out once.

I’ve also noticed that some very senior FMs and audio hobbyists prefer using stock cables, simple interconnects and basic speaker cables with high end equipment. But I guess each one of us has to go through our own learning curve.
Thanks Sachin. I will try to reach out Mr Viren.

Can anyone recommend a USB cable for connection between Allo USBridge and Chord Qutest. Some options that I'm considering is QED - Performance graphite, OR Supra USB OR Transparent Hardwired or Soundfoundations USB cable (Which is currently Out of Stock). All these are withing the 4K range.
Are you looking for Type A to Type B? I am looking too. Please let me know what do you decide. Thanks

While on the topic of cables, do check out Belden 8477 speaker cable, though you have not asked for it. If it suits you, it can be incredible. It is not a scam as it is priced at Rs200/m if I recollect. I sold my Rs75k cable after coming across 8477.

Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back