Cambridge Audio 650A + Morduant Short Aviano 8

I think you are on the right path,

MS Avi 8 and Diamond 10 both will satisfy you; diamond being "loud" and bit colored.

Dali is another brand you can try : Lecktor or Icon series

Of course old favs like Monitor Audio Silver(they have a new model;check other thread) etc do stand up.

you can spend ur 90 k slowly and wisely.

I think you can also audition CA and Mission at Decibels, Bangalore.

I-auo ,

Is decibels there in Blr, if so cud you give us the address. I thought they were there in Chennai only

Rem,
Decibel is the one in Chennai. Decibels is present in Bangalore and Cochin, run by Anand and Shyam. I don't have the contacts in hand, but I think rallynut is sure to have it as he sourced his ca amp and mission speakers from them.

Thanks for all the suggestions and help!

I auditioned the Marantz PM 7003 with MS Aviano 8 today. I still seem to prefer the CA sonic signature. Any comments on this combination vis-a-vis CA 650A ?

being sister companies,ca/ms are probably voiced together,hence the talked about synergy.u seem to like the sonic qualities of ur preferred combo,so i take it u prefer music with neutrality,transparency,a little bright.the ca amps are a bit that way,i like the lack of colouration they exhibit.marantz would sound good with the wharf diamonds if u do audition them.sounds like ur hearts set on the ca/ms.go for it.YMMV.cheers

Thanks a lot, everyone! Your help and advice assured me that I was making a decent choice. The deal is done (650A/MS8) and the installation is over !

I will add a shoutout for Mr. Palani from Audio Planet, Bangalore. He was extremely helpful - explained the technical concepts using terms I could understand, accommodated my many hours of audition and finally delivered/installed the products real quick. It was a real pleasure working with him.

Listening time now :)

Thanks a lot, everyone! Your help and advice assured me that I was making a decent choice. The deal is done (650A/MS8) and the installation is over !

I will add a shoutout for Mr. Palani from Audio Planet, Bangalore. He was extremely helpful - explained the technical concepts using terms I could understand, accommodated my many hours of audition and finally delivered/installed the products real quick. It was a real pleasure working with him.

Congrats boss! Good that you got what you wanted in the first place! Here s wishing you hour after hour of pure musical bliss:eek:hyeah:

Hi:

Am glad that you went the way your 'heart' told and your 'ears' liked. Excellent products you've bought. Congrats!

:)

Congrats. How much did it the whole package cost you ?
Would you have an email of Palani with you ?

Thanks

The Marantz PM7000N offers big, spacious and insightful sound, class-leading clarity and a solid streaming platform in a award winning package.
Back