cambridge audio minx go review..

subabu2002

dear friends,

got a chance to test this wireless portable speaker from my friend.. wish to share the experience..

body is very nice portable and sturdy. the cabinet is glossy type looks rich but bit slippery.. need carefull handling while carrying. footage is good option for placing the speaker but not good grip while playing heavy bass songs..simply to say,it is rotating while playing kick drums or other bass notes.. from the front, the metal speaker grills looks elegant but easily observe finger prints..

controls are in top of the cabinet is simple.. + , - volume buttons and power selection button.. that`s all.. need to press twice for bluetooth is bit difficult to understand but once get experience it will be easy

on the back side , aux input , power connection and usb port for charge.. it is very easy to handle and connect when compared with other speakers of same type..

sound quality: simply awesome tonal reproduction. its midrange are rich and substantial without any adding colours.. excellent tones.. it makes me to listen the songs continuously instead of checking next tracks.. no bassy or no harsh tones simply projected midrange..

bass is good for its size,added radiator on rear helps a bit for bass.. but not deep or perfect like some other big speaker like JBL onbeat xtreme.. due to mid range perfection , the bass notes are sometimes bit wavy.. but for old songs with tabla , it is more than enough tight and clear which will induce to listen carefully.

treble is also good but not sparkle or detailed.. just added helps to overall sonic..

over all sonically this speaker is excellent for my taste.. i always love to hear midrange than others. for this , i am truly satisfied..

i compared with lots of speakers like logitech s715 , jbl flip , jbl onbeat xtreme , creative d5 , and some other speakers..

for close up listening , we will not need big sound speakers.for this purposes, cambridge audio minx go do very well and its excellent tonal experience will create continuous listening.

its loud too,but not party speakers like onbeat xtreme..

while listening via bluetooth , i heard there were some hiss sound..

pros:

1. excellent tone and mid range.
2. very nice build and classy looks
3. decent portable size
4. good loud sound.and decent power.
5. excellent battery life and no loss in sound while playing via battery..
6. no harsh or aggressive sounds like JBL flip or some other speakers.
7. decent price.

cons:

1.speakers are moving and swivel while playing bassy songs in all places like table, floor or some other places.. this will be risk.need careful positioning..
2. some noises started while playing via bluetooth
3. slightly wavy bass and treble, but not too to complain for its size.actually this will create ease to hear the tone voices.
4. need careful handling while carrying..

over all i rated this speaker for 8/10

thank you
suresh babu

Thanks for the review. Your review sealed the deal for me and I ordered it today, was tired of researching. What u said was exactly what i was looking for, a bedroom system with good mid-range without artificial bass drowing the sound.
I had bought the JBL onbeat xtreme for my dad earlier, while I had quite liked it, I didn't have quite so much budget for this system. In the JBL many times I found the sound to be a little in your face and bass overpowering certain songs at times. I was considering the minx go (11k) and the UE boombox (14k) this time. While I almost was going for the boombox, in many reviews in amazon i saw that the bass can get boomy at times. I am expecting delivery of the minx go on friday, will post my impressions after that.

Thanks for the review. Your review sealed the deal for me and I ordered it today, was tired of researching. What u said was exactly what i was looking for, a bedroom system with good mid-range without artificial bass drowing the sound.
I had bought the JBL onbeat xtreme for my dad earlier, while I had quite liked it, I didn't have quite so much budget for this system. In the JBL many times I found the sound to be a little in your face and bass overpowering certain songs at times. I was considering the minx go (11k) and the UE boombox (14k) this time. While I almost was going for the boombox, in many reviews in amazon i saw that the bass can get boomy at times. I am expecting delivery of the minx go on friday, will post my impressions after that.

very nice koushik,for bedroom and nearby listening cambridge will truly satisfy you.. i too had bought jbl onbeat xtreme and loved it initially but for long term listening JBL was bit tirefull and i didnt like its aggressive treble..and also JBL has some quality issues.. one of my friends JBL was got problem while running overly bass songs..

comparing cambridge audio with JBL on beat xtreme , JBL flip , logitech s715 , creative d5 , audio engine a2 , aktimate mini etc..i had listened , my favourite is now cambridge audio for its vocal presentation.. now i can hear all lyrics clearly with CA minx..

but remember, this will not get excellent bass performance of JBL onbeat or sonic treble performance of logitech s715.. but overall it sounds enough bass and treble..

-suresh babu

Thanks for review.
We he it in Mumbai Expo and sound is very good for the size.If you keep near wall,you get fuller sound.Distortion is less.

Got the minx go yesterday. Loving it. In one word if i have to describe the sound it will be "pleasant". As the OP said great midrange, great for near field listening... Exactly what I was looking for a bedroom system.. No artificial overpowering bass... yes the treble is a bit rounded off, but that's what makes the sound so pleasant, after all one has to make compromises in a Speaker of this size...I feel CA has done the right compromises here

I feel this works out to be the go-to speaker as a portable/alternate speaker for many of us in this forum whose taste has developed towards a more refined kind of sound signature after having decent stereo setups...

Got the minx go yesterday. Loving it. In one word if i have to describe the sound it will be "pleasant". As the OP said great midrange, great for near field listening... Exactly what I was looking for a bedroom system.. No artificial overpowering bass... yes the treble is a bit rounded off, but that's what makes the sound so pleasant, after all one has to make compromises in a Speaker of this size...I feel CA has done the right compromises here

I feel this works out to be the go-to speaker as a portable/alternate speaker for many of us in this forum whose taste has developed towards a more refined kind of sound signature after having decent stereo setups...

congrats of new gear...

where you got it? how much did you paid? in india, does this model available? if yes where?

-suresh babu

congrats of new gear...

where you got it? how much did you paid? in india, does this model available? if yes where?

-suresh babu

I bought it from fx entertainment, the main distributor of Cambridge audio in india of gurgaon directly as the availability of CA gear in Mumbai is low right now. I paid 11k for it, pricing may vary from city to city. It's also available online from technoguru at 12k. I ordered from fx because of the quick delivery, I got it in a day, they were very prompt. I transferred the required funds online to their account..

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back