camera queries

pschycotropic, gobble, et al ..
i tried searching for this camera (the fuji ) at ebay.in and drew a zilch..where can i buy this camera and at 17K..
thanks

Its not wide angle only 28mm. If you are not getting 10x zoom, might as well get a 24mm wide that also gives great results. Besides I don't see any rave reviews for this one - it doesnt beat the others in the lot at anything as one review says.

Do you really want it?

Regards

1. Yes, and No. Yes because they are the future. No, because it's not happening today, or tomorrow or next month. Its still 2-3 years from where they can compete fairly with the mid DSLR IQ. And even then, the gap will remain. By that time, even entry level DSLRs would have grown to become current pro level cams.

2. Totally depends on you and how you use it. A Canon P&S lasted with me a few hours. Another lasted 1 and half years. But my dad's medium format was with us for over 35 years.

There are two things about the life of a camera. Build quality and Environment sealing. Currently only pro level cameras come with a build quality that;s built to last. You no longer see the made in Germany and made in Russia cameras that felt like a solid piece of iron that could make pictures.

However, these parameters are more important in case of SLR cameras only. P&Ss don't have moving parts, other than the external controls you see on the body. So you don't need to be concerned about their life. Yes, if you live in a humid environment (seashore/beaches) consider keeping yous camera in a moisture proof case as soon as you are done using them. They will serve you longer than you would like them to.

Minolta, Praktika, Lieca, Pentax. If you look at the cameras made 40 years ago, you can't see anything comparable that's made today.

dear friends,
(i) do you think the micro four third is the way to go as far as future camera purchases are concerned? here i am talking about the 'serious' amateur and not folks who fall in the mamiya or the leaf aptus bracket..
(ii) what is the life of a reasonably priced digital camera ? meaning say someone spends 30K for a digital camera, will the camera last for another 20 years?..here i am not talking about advances in technology or aspirational issues but just the life of the camera..that is..do averagely priced digital cameras come with a working life of a couple of decades?
this question is prompted by philosophic issues raised by a dying Minolta DIMAGE A1 for which i paid a small fortune about seven years ago..
thanks

thanks Ranjeet, Gobble others..
a friend bought the Fuji camera in question from Gadget Guru | Gadgets Guru | GadgetsGuru GadgetGuru India | best & exclusive gadgets | branded, cheap, New & Latest gadgets | Online shopping of gadgets in India for , according to him, "its highly rated Fujinon zoom for which they've engineered a dedicated and beautifully matched CCD sensor [claims to produce 'human eye' results]"...for 30K (so i am really curious about the 17K figure)..
guess i will wait and will watch out this thread for more enlightenment....

Purchase the Audiolab 6000A Integrated Amplifier at a special offer price.
Back