Can Satellite speaker package and 2 bookshelves blend well for a 7.1 setup?

rpradeep

Dear All,
Iam in the processing of setting up a HT setup. Iam planning to get a 7.1 ch receiver like 1911 and a satllite speaker package like Energy Take/micro. However i feel that the 2 channel music out of these tiny speakers will not sound good. Hence i am planning to add two bookshleves as the FL and FR. Move the Energu FL and FR saltellite speakers to surround, thereby converting to a 7.1 setup, with some good music using the bookshelves in 2 channel mode. My doubt whether this bookshelves will blend / integrate properly with the satellite speaker packages during action? Please clarifiy me. Please pour in you suggestions freids....

PS:My room size is 200 sq feet.

Regards,
R.Pradeep

The problem with the Take/Micro series is that the satellites don't go low in frequency, which means crossing over to the sub at 150Hz, which will make the subwoofer localizable in the room. Not good. And I doub't any of the bookshelf speakers will blend very well with those Micro satellites.

If you like the sound of Energy speakers, then you're better off getting a bunch of their bookshelf speakers (like the CB-5 and matching CC-5 centre). This will give you a seamless blend, whether listening in stereo or surround.

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back