3030i or 3050i for 2200ft^3 living room

uncle_lazy_at

Hello folks,

I am in the process of setting up my new 5.1 setup in my living room. 85:15 movies:music.

I am bit confused in choosing front channels. Whether should I go for 3030i or 3050i?

My living room size - 22x10x10 ft. ~2200ft^3 or ~220ft^2. I will be sitting 10ft far from my front channels and there is additional 12 ft behind me where few furnitures are set.

Center - 3090Ci
FL/FR - 3050i or 3030i
Surround - 3010i pair
sub - yet to decide a 10" sub or 12". Mostly i will go for JBL or taga
avr - Denon yet to decide (7.1 entry model is what im planning)

3030i is well within my budget but I not sure whether 3030i is good enough if I sit 10ft far from front channel. the surround will be set in 11th ft (just behind me).

I can still afford 3050i but only if 3030i isnt suitable for my living space. I have to spend additional ~45-50K INR for 3050i.

3030i will work fine for your room I guess, but if you are okay for buying pre-owned speakers there is one QA3050i for sale from a Bangalore based FM. Please check the Classified section of this forum, which will be well within your budget.

3030i will work fine for your room I guess, but if you are okay for buying pre-owned speakers there is one QA3050i for sale from a Bangalore based FM. Please check the Classified section of this forum, which will be well within your budget.
Thanks for the details. Pre-owned, i usually avoid but will keep in mind. Thanks for the response

Hello folks,

I am in the process of setting up my new 5.1 setup in my living room. 85:15 movies:music.

I am bit confused in choosing front channels. Whether should I go for 3030i or 3050i?

My living room size - 22x10x10 ft. ~2200ft^3 or ~220ft^2. I will be sitting 10ft far from my front channels and there is additional 12 ft behind me where few furnitures are set.

Center - 3090Ci
FL/FR - 3050i or 3030i
Surround - 3010i pair
sub - yet to decide a 10" sub or 12". Mostly i will go for JBL or taga
avr - Denon yet to decide (7.1 entry model is what im planning)

3030i is well within my budget but I not sure whether 3030i is good enough if I sit 10ft far from front channel. the surround will be set in 11th ft (just behind me).

I can still afford 3050i but only if 3030i isnt suitable for my living space. I have to spend additional ~45-50K INR for 3050i.
Hi,
QA3030 is one best at its price n very clean for movies n music perfect Bass , but bit laid back sound when u listen at high volume what i felt ( individual choice though). if u r more in movie & looking for detailed output with mids to play its best oen i would suggest is Indiq Diamond mishra. which is close to your budget . they do have few more variants better talk to Mr Amit who is the CEO of this brand.
As i see you r from Bangalore y dont u try demo Indiq audio & decide which u like most . one time invest so try demo & decide.
I had 3050I & 3020I i liked but after listening to these speaker i felt there is some clean highs, mids performing better with proper Bass from Indiq speakers.
Speakers are one time invest so try to demo n see which your ears feel the best to buy .
All the best for you buy..

Hi,
QA3030 is one best at its price n very clean for movies n music perfect Bass , but bit laid back sound when u listen at high volume what i felt ( individual choice though). if u r more in movie & looking for detailed output with mids to play its best oen i would suggest is Indiq Diamond mishra. which is close to your budget . they do have few more variants better talk to Mr Amit who is the CEO of this brand.
As i see you r from Bangalore y dont u try demo Indiq audio & decide which u like most . one time invest so try demo & decide.
I had 3050I & 3020I i liked but after listening to these speaker i felt there is some clean highs, mids performing better with proper Bass from Indiq speakers.
Speakers are one time invest so try to demo n see which your ears feel the best to buy .
All the best for you buy..
Thank you for the suggestion.

I have to spend additional ~45-50K INR for 3050i.
3030i is 30-33k & 3050i is frequently available for 55-57k. I paid 57 a month or 2 back. I would recommend the 3050i if you can budget for them, you can postpone the subwoofer for a while too as the bass is pretty good, but do audition them to hear for yourself, if possible

@deep_blues @DB1989 and all
Update, this is what the quote is
1. 3050i, 3010i, 3090Ci, JBL A100P, AVR-X1700 - ~2.35L (hifimart - 2.49L)
2. 3030i, 3010i, 3090Ci, JBL A100P, AVR-X1700 - ~1.9L (hifimart - 2.06L)
Not very sure if this is a good price or not. Im also waiting for POLK Monitor and signature series price.

I would have easily gone for 3050i if the package is less than 2L. And not very sure if I get a very good experience(predominantly movies) with 3030i considering my room size though listening distance is 9 ft.

Thats rather strange. Before changing speakers, change dealers!

3030i is 30-33k & 3050i is frequently available for 55-57k. I paid 57 a month or 2 back. I would recommend the 3050i if you can budget for them, you can postpone the subwoofer for a while too as the bass is pretty good, but do audition them to hear for yourself, if possible
I guess the price bumped up, i heard similar feedback from other blogs as well. In hifimart,

I guess the price bumped up, i heard similar feedback from other blogs as well. In hifimart,
I bought from Hifimart btw. Talk to Anil & ask for a better price especially since you are buying a package or be patient & look around I guess. Good luck!

I bought from Hifimart btw. Talk to Anil & ask for a better price especially since you are buying a package or be patient & look around I guess. Good luck!

yeah sure. I will poke more dealers may be.

For movies with a good sub, you probably won't need the 3050i. I have bookshelf speakers and a sub in a similarly sized room and it is more than sufficient.

The Center channel and the sub ate the two most important speakers for HT.

@deep_blues @DB1989 and all
Update, this is what the quote is
1. 3050i, 3010i, 3090Ci, JBL A100P, AVR-X1700 - ~2.35L (hifimart - 2.49L)
2. 3030i, 3010i, 3090Ci, JBL A100P, AVR-X1700 - ~1.9L (hifimart - 2.06L)
Not very sure if this is a good price or not. Im also waiting for POLK Monitor and signature series price.

I would have easily gone for 3050i if the package is less than 2L. And not very sure if I get a very good experience(predominantly movies) with 3030i considering my room size though listening distance is 9 ft.
Look at it this way. All speakers are more or less competent. The best speaker is the one that is available for a reasonable price point for that class. If you can find the 3050is for a lower price, go for them. Else, you might want to look at the PSB Alpha T20, Dali Oberon 5 and Triangle BR08 etc. Respective changes to the surrounds and center to maintain consistency of sound would be required but if chosen right, you can make an equally capable system if not better with left over change for quite a few rounds of popcorn.

P.S.:- forget floorstanders and change your sub. Its underpowered for your room, especially for HT applications. You must get a 12 incher or a more capable 10 inch.

I am using QA3050i, QA3090i & QA3010i for my HT with a BIC PL300, Its been over a year or so and I don't feel like upgrading to anything.
QA3050i are used for music too with a Audiolab 6000a with out a subwoofer, ample bass and refinement.

As others said, don't go for QB12 I had it with me for sometime and it won't satisfy you for movies which need to dig deep but on other hand it is superb for music. It blends with speakers beautifully and makes the subwoofer disappear.
You could go ahead with 3030i too, almost same drivers as the 3050i but 2 vs 1 and size + other adjustments on Floorstanders.

If the front channels will be always crossedover with subwoofer then better to go with 3030i, you won't extract full potential of the QA3050i which sing with I play with Audiolab.

For movies with a good sub, you probably won't need the 3050i. I have bookshelf speakers and a sub in a similarly sized room and it is more than sufficient.

The Center channel and the sub ate the two most important speakers for HT.
Thank you for the response. May I know your room size and BS you are using
Look at it this way. All speakers are more or less competent. The best speaker is the one that is available for a reasonable price point for that class. If you can find the 3050is for a lower price, go for them. Else, you might want to look at the PSB Alpha T20, Dali Oberon 5 and Triangle BR08 etc. Respective changes to the surrounds and center to maintain consistency of sound would be required but if chosen right, you can make an equally capable system if not better with left over change for quite a few rounds of popcorn.

P.S.:- forget floorstanders and change your sub. Its underpowered for your room, especially for HT applications. You must get a 12 incher or a more capable 10 inch.
Sure. Ahh good point which I forgot to ask. I will ask for a 12 inch one. I will also start exploring other models. I auditioned only JAMO, which I didnt like it. POLK(Monitor and signature series) was okie but felt little heavy while increasing the volume. Based on few online feedback i decided QA without auditioning. I might have to explore more.
I am using QA3050i, QA3090i & QA3010i for my HT with a BIC PL300, Its been over a year or so and I don't feel like upgrading to anything.
QA3050i are used for music too with a Audiolab 6000a with out a subwoofer, ample bass and refinement.

As others said, don't go for QB12 I had it with me for sometime and it won't satisfy you for movies which need to dig deep but on other hand it is superb for music. It blends with speakers beautifully and makes the subwoofer disappear.
You could go ahead with 3030i too, almost same drivers as the 3050i but 2 vs 1 and size + other adjustments on Floorstanders.

If the front channels will be always crossedover with subwoofer then better to go with 3030i, you won't extract full potential of the QA3050i which sing with I play with Audiolab.

That was very helpful. Thanks for response

Sure. Ahh good point which I forgot to ask. I will ask for a 12 inch one. I will also start exploring other models. I auditioned only JAMO, which I didnt like it. POLK(Monitor and signature series) was okie but felt little heavy while increasing the volume. Based on few online feedback i decided QA without auditioning. I might have to explore more.
I would wholeheartedly recommend the PSB Alpha series. They've got a nice rounded sound to them which neither leans towards warm nor cool, it's smooth without losing any excitement or dynamism and despite being tiny tots, the amount of bass that they have is very impressive. For the price that they are available for, they are my value favorites for the time being. They are no less capable than the Q Acoustics Q3xxx series, if not better. It ultimately boils down to personal preference but you can be rest assured that both q Acoustics 3xxx and PSB Alpha series have a balanced sound that one cannot go wrong with. Including the towers(T20), surrounds (P3) and center (C10), it should come around 1.06, if not lesser (shop around to get the best prices).You should really check them out.

I would wholeheartedly recommend the PSB Alpha series. They've got a nice rounded sound to them which neither leans towards warm nor cool, it's smooth without losing any excitement or dynamism and despite being tiny tots, the amount of bass that they have is very impressive. For the price that they are available for, they are my value favorites for the time being. They are no less capable than the Q Acoustics Q3xxx series, if not better. It ultimately boils down to personal preference but you can be rest assured that both q Acoustics 3xxx and PSB Alpha series have a balanced sound that one cannot go wrong with. Including the towers(T20), surrounds (P3) and center (C10), it should come around 1.06, if not lesser (shop around to get the best prices).You should really check them out.
Awesome. Thanks for the recommendation

Thank you for the response. May I know your room size and BS you are using
My room size is 26.3 by 10 feet with the left of the speakers opening into the dining and an open kitchen.

My Bookshelf speakers are Quad S2s. My sub is a 15" Velodyne EQ Max, now powered by a Crown 2502 in bridged mode as the original amp of the sub is not working anymore.

My room size is 26.3 by 10 feet with the left of the speakers opening into the dining and an open kitchen.

My Bookshelf speakers are Quad S2s. My sub is a 15" Velodyne EQ Max, now powered by a Crown 2502 in bridged mode as the original amp of the sub is not working anymore.
Those S2s have an ungodly amount of bass where you've placed them! The unicorn that i was chasing with my S5s till very recently!

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back