Can someone identify these speakers

bipin1143

I saw them on OLX today but couldn't find info online anywhere but saw them on few hifi used markets and forums outside India
Are these speakers legit or fake reproduction?
Please let me know if they are authentic.Screenshot_2020-09-04-23-37-23-554_com.olx.southasia~2.png
P1000750~2.JPG
Screenshot_2020-09-04-23-37-40-230_com.olx.southasia~2.png

I saw them on OLX today but couldn't find info online anywhere but saw them on few hifi used markets and forums outside India
Please let me know if they are authentic.View attachment 49309
View attachment 49310
View attachment 49311

Well the last picture tells what the brand and model is. However, to me they look more abused than used. One of the tweeters is definitely not OE. If you are looking for a nice Project, then fine, else stay away would be my suggestion, in my opinion.

MaSh

Well the last picture tells what the brand and model is. However, to me they look more abused than used. One of the tweeters is definitely not OE. If you are looking for a nice Project, then fine, else stay away would be my suggestion, in my opinion.

MaSh
Hi mash
Thanks for your suggestion my real question is whether these towers are jbl original manufacturer or it belongs to one of those cheap Asian market reproduction.
Because I couldn't find much information about these speakers on official websites
On top of that the web results are showing me the L880 series from JBL but not the legacy series LA 880

This might not be the most helpful post you're gonna get, what turns me off is that the badge reads "JBL Inc. N.bridge, Cal USA" but there's no mention of where these speakers are actually fabricated!
they might be from an overseas market, perhaps a regional-specific model... (?) or something like that, but that makes me wonder about their authenticity... I'd find it very strange if someone was out there making knock-offs and giving them a whole new part number, but you never know, counterfeiters are out there making everything... I'm not sure an illegitimate copy would go so far as to replicate both a serial and Steen Michaelson's signature!

They may be produced for south eastern Asia, so the likelihood would be these were a short run for a small market overseas?, but they may have come off the same assembly line as the rest of their mass market gear, so they could be worth a look... or may be you'd end up with a collectors item. The one thing you do know is the next time someone googles LA-880 they'll end up looking at this thread!
:)

Two links are from Malaysia:

Please let me know if they are authentic.
When in doubt just avoid. There are tonnes of speakers out there why get something that will keep nagging you

When in doubt just avoid. There are tonnes of speakers out there why get something that will keep nagging you
Yep I'm not pulling the switch any time soon on these speakers but they are selling for 25k if anyone is interested

Follow HiFiMART on Instagram for offers, deals and FREE giveaways!
Back