can this denon drive usher tiny dancer?

Thanks Asit,ANM,iaudio,pratim
Asit, the speakers are the berillium ones and not the diamond.In fact, we got 2 berilliums together in this town, MD1 for myself and MD2 for a friend of mine who got a whole new usher setup -pre307/power r1.5/MD2.His set up is in a different league from mine but I haven't done much critical listening of his system as yet.
ANM ,well , as I have already overshot the upgrade budget, lets hope the upgrade bug stays dormant for quite sometime.
iaudio, yes, the tone is the most significant upgrade in the present case, especially in comparison to my earlier deftechs which i really liked for the midrange and the bass.
pratim, its the berillium and I know about the ayon/md1 combination but well, we all live under constraints don't we?
regards and cheers
himadri

Thanks Ajay and Sid
Of course Im playing out the Coltranes and Holdsworths and also all the variety of other music I can.Just getting used to the sound.
Regards and cheers
himadri

HI
Just bumping this thread to share my latest experience:
Have returned to vinyl after ages.After acquiring a used Technics SLDBD20D entry level P mount turntable (for free), I upgraded the stock cartridge with Audio Technica AT311EP (through 20 north) and compared TT and CD as follows:
1)Denon PMA2000ivr+ Denon DCD700AE + Audio Art interconnects + Usher Mini dancer1
2)Technics SLBD20D with Audio Technica AT311EP cart+ Audio Art interconnects+Denon PMA2000ivr +Usher Mini dancer1
Also on a recent trip to Kolkata I acquired around 30 jazz and rock vinyls from the flea market in reasonably good condition.
The 200$ TT trounced the 500$ CD player on all counts: soundstage depth,cleaner and fuller midrange,softer top end and leaner but tighter bass, the only downside being the occasional pops and crackles.
Guess it will need a 1000-2000$ CD player to match with the TT.
Cheers

Last edited:
Hi Himadri

Congrats on your new venture. Vinyl has a different and live sound. I also started listening to vinyl recently - spl bengali songs , indian classical , bollywood and western classical . To me vocal music and western classical sounding just superb

Cheers

Thanks Pratim
What TT are u using? As you have the venerable Ayon CD player to compare with , that would be some useful data.
Cheers

My TT is Project RPM 4 with Nighthwak F117 phono.
To me , in general, the music originally recorded in analog are sounding better in vinyl ( ignoring the vinyl noise) . For digital recordings my CDP sounding better. In fact for digital recordings , I am buying CDs only. However with more expensive TT ,things could differ.

Regards

Hi
Inspired by PDhanwada's thread, Stephen Helm's DIY efforts and many others , I have built and commissioned Corner Chunk Bass Traps in the 2 corners behind the speakers.
My earlier experience in Speaker Placement is given in
http://www.hifivision.com/av-enhancers-room-acoustics/15655-stereo-speaker-placement-experience.html
Net Result so far:
Overall cleaner, more airy and detailed sound with more headroom for higher SPL's since the midbass boom is reduced.Not much significant reduction is extreme lower end for which speaker placement is still the key.
Overall: A significant and cost-effective upgrade for smallish rooms.
Cheers
Himadri

Attachments

• DSC04764 copy.JPG
    DSC04764 copy.JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 45
  • DSC04779 copy.jpg
    DSC04779 copy.jpg
    7.9 KB · Views: 46
Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back