Integrated Amplifier & Speakers - Help Requested

Status
Not open for further replies.
@raghupb, thanks. Yes, the room is bigger and the space also bigger. Not interested in active speakers.
In my experience regular BS (which have lower bass response) misbehave when placed on desktop.
Bassy speakers placed on a table/destop that's hollow below or has drawers can cause undesirable vibrations.
Also such speakers image well when they are placed about 6 feet apart and at the correct height.
All said, YMMV. We don't know how plan to use your desktop.

Cheers,
Raghu

In my experience regular BS (which have lower bass response) misbehave when placed on desktop.
Bassy speakers placed on a table/destop that's hollow below or has drawers can cause undesirable vibrations.
Also such speakers image well when they are placed about 6 feet apart and at the correct height.
All said, YMMV. We don't know how plan to use your desktop.

Cheers,
Raghu
@raghupb, Thanks for your concern. I have other space in different rooms within my house, if it doesn't workout that way. Let's keep on the main topic please.

Got my wanted ones finally. :)

Marantz PM6006 has been paired with Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 speakers and with my old Sony DVP-NS575P and also attached it with my desktop computer. For the moment, I don't have a DAC (Ordered Topping and awaiting), hence it's through RCA line.

The attached picture here is one of the temporary listening positions iam trying now. The pic was taken from my sitting position approximately from the 2 meters distance.

Iam planning to make a couple of Speaker stands for these Wharfs and also a Blueray player in the coming days. But as of now, iam happy with what iam listening now.

Once again, thank you one and all for your suggestions all through of this thread.

Marantz&Wharfs.jpg

Last edited:
Got my wanted ones finally. :)

Marantz PM6006 has been paired with Wharfedale Diamond 11.2 speakers and with my old Sony DVP-NS575P and also attached it with my desktop computer. For the moment, I don't have a DAC (Ordered Topping and awaiting), hence it's through RCA line.

The attached picture here is one of the temporary listening positions iam trying now. The pic was taken from my sitting position approximately from the 2 meters distance.

Iam planning to make a couple of Speaker stands for these Wharfs and also a Blueray player in the coming days. But as of now, iam happy with what iam listening now.

Once again, thank you one and all for your suggestions all through of this thread.

View attachment 50172

Congrats on your purchase. The Marantz PM6006 already has an inbuilt DAC which is farily decent, you will need to figure out a way to connect to your desktop if it doesnt already have a coax/SPDIF output.

Also the air vents for the Marantz PM6006 is on the top so recommended to leave a major part of it open for airflow.

@Raaj DSV : Where did you get the PM6006 and at what price?

I bought it from "The Revolver Club". Costed Rs. 30,000/-.

Congrats on your purchase. The Marantz PM6006 already has an inbuilt DAC which is farily decent, you will need to figure out a way to connect to your desktop if it doesnt already have a coax/SPDIF output. Also the air vents for the Marantz PM6006 is on the top so recommended to leave a major part of it open for airflow.

Thanks for your kind wishes. My desktop is pretty old one and doesn't have Coaxial/SPDIF outputs. Alternatively, my four year old Laptop also doesn't have such outputs. Hence, ordered a separate USB DAC for that. Noted on the vents thing. Thank You. :)

Added Pioneer BDP -180 as well. It's a good budget player and supports wide range formats including SACDs and DSDs. Am going to use it as more of a CD player. My first impression on this player is good.

IMG-20201003-WA0030.jpg

You could consider Marantz PM 6006 + QA Concept 20/ QA 3030i combo.

Regarding IA Denon you mentioned is also very good. For speaker another good option is Elac Debut 2.0 B6.2.
Mentioned above by FM is a good option. You can also consider Castle Knight 2 for speakers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Get the Award Winning Diamond 12.3 Floorstanding Speakers on Special Offer
Back