Canare / Mogami / Anti Cables - for speakers

Lead foil will do a better job than aluminium foil. I recently heard from a fellow forumer that small lead tubes when encircling speaker cables at the speaker end improve the sound. Sounds crazy, isn't it;)

I haven't tried this personally so can't say how effective it is. But I'm perfectly willing to try lead foil when I have the chance to buy it from the market.

The usual caveat about lead being harmful applies.

PS: for the record, I'm a happy camper in the Mogami camp. I use two pairs of Mogami 2803 and Mogami 3103 speaker cables. Earlier I had used Mogami 2954 ICs till they were superseded by the 2803s.

dont you mean the 2497
not the 2954 ???

the 2497 is the gold series mogami HIfi IC cable

Also about the lead
We have excellent experience with lead foil
so we can attest to this
Our barracuda elite features an all lead foil

ahh the 2549

thats still one level below the 2497
its actually the entry level mogami interconnect

The Redco site is selling the 2497 @3.64 per foot but it says "interconnect cable". Can it be used as speaker cable?

The Redco site is selling the 2497 @3.64 per foot but it says "interconnect cable". Can it be used as speaker cable?

Interconnect cables are made of small gauge wire, typically 24 to 20 AWG. They're too thin to carry higher current that flows from amplifier to speakers.

there is also a differnce in the gauge,impedence and electrical values between the inner and outer cores
UNLESS it is specifically made as a speaker cable ( case in point the 3082 )

here is something that will help you guys decide

vgonD8e.jpg

Last edited:
That is a very helpful table magma.

If it was possible, Id rip in my Kimber Kable 8Vs into my car, and forget about it. I bought it last year from the Bay Bloor radio online store ( https://baybloorradio.com/shop ) , and use it for speakers at home, and the sound is razor sharp. Would cost half the car though lol.

Back