Carl's vs Local Insta lock screens.

vinay2070

Hi Guys,

I see that some of you have mentioned that 120" instalock screens are available for 3 to 4K in other threads. If that is the case, is it worth buying Carl's 66"X110" screen material for 40$ (2700 INR)? Is Carl's material much better than the cheap 3 to 5K INR instal lock screens?

Thanks,
Vinay

Anybody? Am planning to buy Carl's 66"/110" cloth which will cost me 2.7K, if I can get similar quality instalock for 4 or even 5K that gets the basic job done, then I think I don't have to buy that cloth and spend time building the stand myself.

Thanks again!

Last edited:
Anybody? Am planning to buy Carl's 66"/110" cloth which will cost me 2.7K, if I can get similar quality instalock for 4 or even 5K that gets the basic job done, then I think I don't have to buy that cloth and spend time building the stand myself.

Thanks again!

Vinay, I have no idea about Carl's as haven't seen one physically. But I am in process of setting up a cinema room in our office where we are using the existing wooden frame fixtures which are in the ideal dimensions for a screen. I got hold of a blackout cloth from one of the local furnishing stores. This is basically a coated fabric and blacks out the light competely making it hopefully ideal for a screen. I am planning to post a separate DIY thread on how we are putting up the screen.

Hi Guys,

I see that some of you have mentioned that 120" instalock screens are available for 3 to 4K in other threads. If that is the case, is it worth buying Carl's 66"X110" screen material for 40$ (2700 INR)? Is Carl's material much better than the cheap 3 to 5K INR instal lock screens?

Thanks,
Vinay

Not sure about the insta lock, but a few FM's in Bangalore have used the Carls screen, you might want to visit and check.

I think it works better to use Carls for fixed frame as you can get the screen and build the frame locally. However, I find transport and shipping farr too expensive for it to make sense.

For excellent sound that won't break the bank, the 5 Star Award Winning Wharfedale Diamond 12.1 Bookshelf Speakers is the one to consider!
Back