cars DVD in cinemascope???

av_bond

Hi

I just bought LG scarlet 42" in delhi and I played the DVD of Cars from bigflix.

but it was cinema scope I mean two black borders at the top and bottom.

Watching it on LG HDMI dvd player and I already set the tv to 16:9 and also dvd player
anyone knows i mean do i need to change anything else to remove this.

Regards

You mean the 2.33:1 ratio? or the 16:9?
Some TV's do have a digital zoom function to make it full screen. But yes, it would mean a reduction in quality with an increase in image size.
Send the picture in its native form from the DVD player and use the zoom in your tv. If you have a projector, then it is a different ball game. if your projector has the capability and you have the $$$$$ you might want to invest in expensive Anamorphic lenses.

I might be wrong here, but a PAL WS DVD may occupy the full screen of your TV without using the zoom function, please try one. I am assuming the "Cars" DVD you have is NTSC.

You mean the 2.33:1 ratio? or the 16:9?
Some TV's do have a digital zoom function to make it full screen. But yes, it would mean a reduction in quality with an increase in image size.
Send the picture in its native form from the DVD player and use the zoom in your tv. If you have a projector, then it is a different ball game. if your projector has the capability and you have the $$$$$ you might want to invest in expensive Anamorphic lenses.

Digital zoom also trims the picture so you will not be seeing the entire picture as its meant for all intensive purposes.

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back