CAUTION!!!!! - HD READY vs FULL HD - 32 inch

There is no 'visible' difference between FullHD&HDready on a 32 inch LCD using DTH??

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

girish1in

i have sony bravia HD ready tv 32 inches..KLV- 32V300A...................my living room is small and i really get annoyed with the jerk in the video i get........in all other full hd tvs of my friends....tata sky gives much better output..even when we watch it from nearby..(gosh i got angry when i saw a moserbar lcd give better video than my sony one..just because it was full hd)....where as in my tv the video is jerky(even if i sit at 10 feet distance).......i feel i made a HUGE mistake by buying a HD ready...i should have bought Full HD....THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY OF HD READY AND FULL HD -""EVEN IN 32 INCH TV"" - as opposed to many who think size of a smaller lcd will make FULL HD and hd READY equal!!!! - my personal adivce-- FULL HD much much better than HD ready...if ur using tata sky or any dth service!!!

FOR ALL THOSE WHO SAY FOR A SMALL 32 INCH LCD IT DOSENT MATTER WHETHER ITS FULL HD OR HD READY....I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM THAT I HAVE PRACTICALLY SEEN TRUTH.......FULL HD IS MUCH BETTER...(even if viewing distance is 10 feet)

i have sony bravia HD ready tv 32 inches..KLV- 32V300A...................my living room is small and i really get annoyed with the jerk in the video i get........in all other full hd tvs of my friends....tata sky gives much better output..even when we watch it from nearby..(gosh i got angry when i saw a moserbar lcd give better video than my sony one..just because it was full hd)....where as in my tv the video is jerky(even if i sit at 10 feet distance).......i feel i made a HUGE mistake by buying a HD ready...i should have bought Full HD....THERE IS A HUGE DIFFERENCE IN QUALITY OF HD READY AND FULL HD -""EVEN IN 32 INCH TV"" - as opposed to many who think size of a smaller lcd will make FULL HD and hd READY equal!!!! - my personal adivce-- FULL HD much much better than HD ready...if ur using tata sky or any dth service!!!

FOR ALL THOSE WHO SAY FOR A SMALL 32 INCH LCD IT DOSENT MATTER WHETHER ITS FULL HD OR HD READY....I WOULD LIKE TO INFORM THAT I HAVE PRACTICALLY SEEN TRUTH.......FULL HD IS MUCH BETTER...(even if viewing distance is 10 feet)

well first of all u can't compare a HD ready 2 year old model even a sony with a new 09 moserbar,since lcd tech have increased by huge fold in contrast,response time,viewing angle,colors etc.
as far as FHD 32inch they can be better then a HD ready tv,for many reasons one is new 32inch FHD panels are usualy of new tech with more contrast,compared to 32" HD ready panels basicaly last years panel.yes at a optimum distance fhd will be better.

thx for reply..agreed abt ur first point....but i have checked mine with lcds which have same or more response time(samsung ones which were bought around 2 yr ago) ....believe me i have checked out atleast 5 lcds which r hdready which are atleast 1 yr old with almost same response time(most companies make tall claims).....may be this particular model of mine from sony was a bad one from the company....or my inference may even be partially true

but intrestingly when i play dvd picture its not as bad as it is in with dth...but in other full hd ones(even ones manuf 1 yr back) dth quality is as good as dvd.....

Last edited:

Apart from what Adder has pointed out, I can understand your irritation and disappointment that too when u see a Moser doing better. But truth cannot change because of one TV.1

I have seen more than 50+ TVs and most HD ready does much better job than a Full HD. My question would be have you seen the same model with someone else who has the problem?

My friend has a Pana LE8 32 and trust its awesome for the money he paid. If you make this statement for a HD content maybe I can see some light (even then to spot the difference you need really good eye sight and stand very close to your TV)

Just check if connections are alright and there arent any prb with the TV

resolution (HD Ready v Full HD) and jerkiness of pictures are two different issues.. please don't relate them.. jerkiness has got to do with picture processing, settings, panel quality, response time, etc. and not resolution..

i can understand u aren't exactly chuffed about your expensive sony tv.. but shouting (all caps) isn't really going to help, is it? if anything, it'll turn-off people who'd otherwise be glad to help u out with suggestions..

i'd suggest u provide some details about ur problem - wat source r u getting it with, ur settings, etc. and maybe fellow sony owners can help u out..

I can say anothor possibility,when TV downscales, chances are that chip within TV may not do well converting 1080p to 720p.Technically on 32in no visible difference,but depend on TV chip.
I saw Pany X10 2days back which is HD ready,demo of 1080p was looking little soft & dimensions not accurate.When I watched same demo on Hitachi HDready,it was showing perfect.

Girish: We all understand your frustration, as we told u, jerkiness has got nothing to do with Full HD or HD ready. Please refrain from shouting at all threads about a problem which is of a different reason.

Already, we are trying very hard to break misnomers about this Full and HD that sales guys coax to make buyer spend more money. Pls dont add to it now.

This will misguide the forum members and newbies. Check your TV and identify the problem and then let us all know, it will also help us learn.

I can say anothor possibility,when TV downscales, chances are that chip within TV may not do well converting 1080p to 720p.Technically on 32in no visible difference,but depend on TV chip.
I saw Pany X10 2days back which is HD ready,demo of 1080p was looking little soft & dimensions not accurate.When I watched same demo on Hitachi HDready,it was showing perfect.

Spi bro, he is complaining about DTH signals being jerky not any 1080p or even DVD content. So its clearly not an HD ready or Full HD ready issue.

I think the TV has some problem and he is concentrating on something which is not the problem.

Spi bro, he is complaining about DTH signals being jerky not any 1080p or even DVD content. .

OK,but the title is saying HDready vs FullHD.In Dth case HD ready shld do ideally better than full HD,again depends on scaler chip.

Madbullram,

I'm eactly in the situation that you describe, looking to buy a 50 in plasma - S'sung PS50B450 is 58K and PS 50B550 which is full HD is around 75K. Is the only diff between the two sets HD?? And shd I just buy the cheaper panel if HD doesn't matter?? or am I missing something here?

Would appreciate a quick response.

Already, we are trying very hard to break misnomers about this Full and HD that sales guys coax to make buyer spend more money. Pls dont add to it now.

Madbullram,

I'm eactly in the situation that you describe, looking to buy a 50 in plasma - S'sung PS50B450 is 58K and PS 50B550 which is full HD is around 75K. Is the only diff between the two sets HD?? And shd I just buy the cheaper panel if HD doesn't matter?? or am I missing something here?

50" B450 -58,000/- Is this the final price, or still negotiable, where are you getting this price, and does this have Free DVD player offer too.

n have you seen this model on Display, & compared it with LG 50" PQ70 ?
If yes, what was the final price for the LG...

Madbullram,

At 50 Full HD would be better and difference would be noticeable. In 3-4 years BluRay would be common like DVDs so it would make sense for that level of investment.

I would say look at Full HD, but if DTH or Cable is going to be 80% usage then HD Ready would be VFM

50" B450 -58,000/- Is this the final price, or still negotiable, where are you getting this price, and does this have Free DVD player offer too.

n have you seen this model on Display, & compared it with LG 50" PQ70 ?
If yes, what was the final price for the LG...

Isawugoing,

58k is the final offer for 50B450 on exchange and without the free DVD. I guess one could perhaps knock off 1-2K more on final negotiation. Got this from the Sammy stall in the Tmes Utsav exhibition. 50 in was noton display but saw the 42 in version. LG PQ70 final was 55K in the same exhibition and I saw the panel on display at Croma.

Check out the foll thread for more details:

http://http://www.hifivision.com/what-should-i-buy/6250-plasma-lcd.html"]

check with a different tata sky set top box, try a different video cable, muck around with your tv and set top box settings. try a different tv and see if you still get the issue.

are u using a component cable or just the single yellow crap composite video cable?

i appreciate, the knowledgeable reply u gave....
but i fail to understand what my writing in CAPS has to do with turning off users to reply...i believe everyone is as mature a you to reply if they can....
coming back to the topic....
(i am not familiar with technical terms, so i describe my prob in laymans language)
1)square pixel like artifices are visible with any movement of a character on screen
2)it seems the tv is struggling to keep the pace with the movements on screen
3)playback is not at all smooth...its jerky

Now, i checked all connections...they are perfect....i tried all possible combination of settings on tv..........
my question is
is there a problem with my TV?
is this a problem with STB/DTH provider/Dish?
is it that my TV itself is not good enough to provide good picture quality?

additional info:
when i play movies on my philips dvd player(normal not upscaled)
, picture quality is slightly better and smooth(but not what is expected)

i use the composite cable provided by tatasky....
pls help

resolution (HD Ready v Full HD) and jerkiness of pictures are two different issues.. please don't relate them.. jerkiness has got to do with picture processing, settings, panel quality, response time, etc. and not resolution..

i can understand u aren't exactly chuffed about your expensive sony tv.. but shouting (all caps) isn't really going to help, is it? if anything, it'll turn-off people who'd otherwise be glad to help u out with suggestions..

i'd suggest u provide some details about ur problem - wat source r u getting it with, ur settings, etc. and maybe fellow sony owners can help u out..

i have crap composite one, but hey tata sky dosent have component option, does it
i check all combination of settings..tried everything

check with a different tata sky set top box, try a different video cable, muck around with your tv and set top box settings. try a different tv and see if you still get the issue.

are u using a component cable or just the single yellow crap composite video cable?

thx for sharing ur knowledge.....
misguiding?? am i??
i have practically seen what i said....sharing my problem....
misnomer???
check any full hd tv and hd ready tv with same dth...u will come to know...hd ready video output tends to be pixcelated as compared to full hd
look...i am in the process of making this inference only after watching more than 10-20 lcds(hdr and fhd) with tatasky...(if not 50+ like u claim)
unfortunately i was not able to check my same model performing with tatastky..till now
if we analyse a problem without any preconceived notion...new things can be learnt by us...if we dismiss people as misnomers...we might not be able to explore new things......there must be some reason for an occurance.....
i may be wrong...i may not be the most knowledgeble person in this topic..but i know what i have seen...its just that the reasons for this are to be found out.
prob with my tv?
prob with my stb/dish/provider?
or is it that my model of lcd itself is not good enough?

i checked all connections...

Girish: We all understand your frustration, as we told u, jerkiness has got nothing to do with Full HD or HD ready. Please refrain from shouting at all threads about a problem which is of a different reason.

This will misguide the forum members and newbies. Check your TV and identify the problem and then let us all know, it will also help us learn.

if we analyse a problem without any preconceived notion...new things can be learnt by us...if we dismiss people as misnomers...we might not be able to explore new things......there must be some reason for an occurance.....
i may be wrong...i may not be the most knowledgeble person in this topic..but i know what i have seen...its just that the reasons for this are to be found out.
prob with my tv?
prob with my stb/dish/provider?
or is it that my model of lcd itself is not good enough?

i checked all connections...

Exactly I will tell the same thing Girish, dont take it to your heart, see the simple maths is this

Full HD TV: Takes your 480p (cable TV resolution) SD input and upscale to 1080p (HD resolution)
HD Ready: Takes your 480p SD (cable) to 720p

So generally the quality of SD is better in HD ready bcos the amount of work done is lesser and its easy.

My primary suspect is your TV, you might want to check.

Also, u r saying SD content you viewed on 20+ TV btw HD and Full HD, Full HD was better for DTH signals? That's completely opposite Girish.

The problem is not FHD or HDReady, its something else. The response time which is calculated ms (TVs have like 8 ms, 6 etc) is responsible for how smooth the picture.

Is it possible to hook your TV to your neighbors Cable to DTH and check. If there also the same problem happens, suggest you call Sony and take an opinion from them.

Also, we avoid CAPS in this forum as its considered impolite to our fellow forum members even though you are not shouting at someone.

One Q-why TV cant upscale as good as DVDP? A budget DVDp (LG388 for Rs.3500)can upscale better than LCDtvs.Thatway price of LCD shld not rise.
Dth comes with DVD PQ,then why not TV?

One Q-why TV cant upscale as good as DVDP? A budget DVDp (LG388 for Rs.3500)can upscale better than LCDtvs.Thatway price of LCD shld not rise.
Dth comes with DVD PQ,then why not TV?

I know, as they its an balancing act, compromise for many others. Plus the LCDs main market is UK and US and people are almost over with SD broadcast so the emphasis on this seems to be low on priority list of the manufacturers.

Also, DTH does not come in DVD quality though they advertise as DVD quality its still not up there. May be some channels do have that quality like HBO but not all channels, its just marketing. I remember a thread where we discussed this in detail dont recollect now.

However, I dont want to discuss this more on this thread as Girish has enough concern already about his TV and lets not add to it bro :)

A beautiful, well-constructed speaker with class-leading soundstage, imaging and bass that is fast, deep, and precise.
Back