CD Cataloging Software

karmapilots

Hello,
We all have hundreds of CDs with us. I too have a lot of them.
Recently while shopping for CDs, I realized that I couldn't remember everything that I owned and when I checked I have realized that I have bought the same album multiple times.Thought its time to catalogue my entire CDs.

Right now what I'm doing is I've put the entire collection in a Google Doc and its saved in Google Drive.

So will anyone be able to recommend some CD cataloging software for MAC.

It'll be even better if it has mobile integration so that I can view my collection anywhere I want.

Thank you.

I am not sure if there are any free cataloging software for MAC, I came across some paid ones for MAC while searching for a disc cataloging software for Windows -

CD Database Software, catalog CDs and music files
Catalog all your data on Disks, DVDs, and CDs with NeoFinder!
Delicious Library 2
CD Database Software, catalog CDs and music files
CDpedia - Rocking all over the world

Hey Nishanth,
Thanks for the reply.
I'm not looking for free software. So thats not a problem.
I'm also looking for feedback from any FMs who have used some cataloging software and also want to know whether any FMs ever use these kinda cataloging software?

We all have hundreds of CDs with us. I too have a lot of them.

Recently while shopping for CDs, I realized that I couldn't remember everything that I owned and when I checked I have realized that I have bought the same album multiple times.Thought its time to catalogue my entire CDs.

So will anyone be able to recommend some CD cataloging software for MAC.

It'll be even better if it has mobile integration so that I can view my collection anywhere I want.

I'm traveling in the same boat and am looking forward for solutions.:clapping:

Last edited:
I use simple Excel file to keep my songs and movie catalog..............:cool:)

Recently while shopping for CDs, I realized that I couldn't remember everything that I owned and when I checked I have realized that I have bought the same album multiple times.

a very vaild problem, karmapilot.
about 15 years ago, i created a word doc and started entering all the CDs i purchased. today, that same doc holds over 1000 entries and is loaded on my phone for reference.

sometime last year, i downloaded an app called 'musica' for the ipad. enter the album name and it pulls the track list, cover art, etc from the net and displays it on a virtual shelf. however, keying in over a thousand titles proved to be a big pain in the butt. plus, the app was quite buggy and would shut down randomly.

i would second deba's suggestion of using excel, or even word, to make a simple list. it's the easiest way to cross check when you're in a music store.

Will check out Musica and figure out whether there are any new improvements and bug fixes.
So guys who are using Excel, is there any reason not to use Google docs. With google docs it is in the cloud and accessible from everywhere as long as you have Google Drive installed in you smart phone/computer. And I think excel files are easily importable to Google Docs.
And hope someone joins in with a miracle software(wishful thinking). ;)

Join WhatsApp group to get HiFiMART.com Offers & Deals delivered to your smartphone!
Back