CD Jewel cases

Ordered from Samanvii Digimedia Art And Solutions Pvt Ltd
C-106, MIDC Industrial Area, Pawne, Navi Mumbai, Maharashtra 400705
Ctc - 98338 31286

100 jewel cases + bluedart courier cost Rs 2700/-

Sweating is due to the humid climate of Mumbai ...you will not be able to avoid it completely ....but these are better than those black boxes

Sweating is due to the humid climate of Mumbai ...you will not be able to avoid it completely ....but these are better than those black boxes

For more than 25 years I have personally never experienced prerecorded imported audio CD jewel cases sweating in humid Mumbai probably due to superior plastic used. Otoh, I've seen most locally manufactured black cases for prerecorded/ recordable CD & DVD sweat regardless of the brand.

Sean thats absolutely true.
Likewise in 20 years i have never seen an imported cd case sweating or getting damp even in high humidity.
Whereas the Indian cases mostly turn bad simply because of the quality of the plastic used.

Not really, depends not only where one lives but also where one stores their collection, most likely over a period of 20 years, their rack too changed.

I find some of my made in Germany/Japan discs too sweat during peak of monsoon, albeit its not like the entire collection sweats... Which leads me to believe storage and placement of that specific disc is the cause.

In case of Black Boxes you can clearly see it ... dirt and the water droplets on the CD and the box are clearly visible ....in case of transparent boxes , CD's are generally clean ....but if you hold up the box you can see dirt particles and moisture ...anyway there is not much which can be done ....I have stored CD's in Jewel Cases , Slim boxes , Spindles.... and in all the cases , I have lost CD's due to CD rot / delamination ....which apart from manufacturing defect is also a result of this very Humid climate which Mumbai has

@jenson The jewel cases arrived today. They packed the outer case and inner tray separately. I'll be using these to replace my ageing slim DVD-R cases which were sweating internally and a few broken audio CD cases. The plastic has a mass produced feel to it but I guess they should be better than those horrible slim cases. I just hope these don't sweat with the passage of time.

View attachment 50186
Hello, are these good enough to hold the booklet / original CD covers ? Thanks.

A few months back I asked an earstwhile CD seller for CD cases like the original ones. One seller sent me those CD cases at 13Rs per case and I ordered 800CD cases.

When I received three big boxes carrying CD cases I was surprised to audio CD inside the cases. He did not even bother to put some efforts to remove those CDs from the cases. Unfortunately for me, all those audio CDs were from the singers with almost no fan base and would have never sold in a shop.

Hello, are these good enough to hold the booklet / original CD covers ? Thanks.
They told me that they manufacture these jewel cases for sony dadc hence I had very high expectations when ordering them only to find a few outer cases cracked. When i reported this they promised to replace the broken outer covers when i place a new order. Laughable!
To answer your question, yes despite being run-of-the-mill plastic, they'll do the job! Fingers crossed i don't discover any water droplets on these cases this monsoon.

They told me that they manufacture these jewel cases for sony dadc hence I had very high expectations when ordering them only to find a few outer cases cracked. When i reported this they promised to replace the broken outer covers when i place a new order. Laughable!
To answer your question, yes despite being run-of-the-mill plastic, they'll do the job! Fingers crossed i don't discover any water droplets on these cases this monsoon.
Thanks for your revert. Do we have better options than these ?

A few months back I asked an earstwhile CD seller for CD cases like the original ones. One seller sent me those CD cases at 13Rs per case and I ordered 800CD cases.

When I received three big boxes carrying CD cases I was surprised to audio CD inside the cases. He did not even bother to put some efforts to remove those CDs from the cases. Unfortunately for me, all those audio CDs were from the singers with almost no fan base and would have never sold in a shop.
Lucky man

Order your Rega Turntables & Amplifiers from HiFiMART.com - India's reputed online dealer.
Back