CD player - should I go for audiophile grade? or a 10K is good enough?

I am on the verge of procuring Denon DRA 800H along with a pair of Q Acoustics 3050i. But I am still unsure about the source of music. CD it will be, I know - but what should be the specs?
I want to know whether -

1. Any decent CD player with a digital out will do the job for me? I will go for 24/192 capability of course
2. Does it require branded higher level Marantz or the likes to get a good reproduction?

If I am only getting a digial signal from the CD player, why the quality of the CD player be so much important, as I will in anyways amplify it through the IA?

Please guide me. I already have a 5K costing Philips DVD player with co-axial out!
If you Listen to CDs, the value of a good CDP cannot be explained. I would rather invest in a better CDplayer as better the quality of input to an amp the better is the output. ( of course you do need a decent amp :) )
If you are ok to rip CDs then the Acoustic portrait Swara streamer with dac is a fantastic option.

Last edited:
I heard that the sound does not match good benchmarks. And moreover, it is 80w/ch max. Is it a better amp you think?
As most of us always say "Sound/Music is very subjective", when you'r investing on these equipments its always advisable to audition in-person.
Don't leave that 0.0001% of doubt bcoz your will be experiencing it in-out on daily basis & our suggestions can just guide you, end of the day 10k IA can sound great for me & 1lac IA can sound crap too ;)

If you use CD player as the main source, I suggest you get a good one and save the cost on the DAC.
If you intend to take a digital out to a DAC, get a good CD transport. The digital and quality of transport will make all the difference. Assuming you have a good collection of quality CDs, avoid taking on to a DVD route or cheapo players

You need to decide between listening to CDs and listening to ripped files. Once you do that, don’t take half measures, go all out on it (within your budget). So, if it’s CDs, then don’t skimp and go for a DVD or sub-10k player. Go for a CDT/CDP known for music.

Now, how do you decide between CDs and ripped? While some of us believe CD’s sound marginally better (I do), an equal number feels ripped FLAC sounds as good. So that’s not really a differentiator.

The real diffeentiator is the preferred user experience. Those of us in the CD camp love the physical experience/engagement of picking a CD from the collection, opening the case, handling the CD, reading the liner notes etc. and also value listening to an entire album in one sitting. Those preferring ripped files on the other hand value the comfort of operating from a PC, making their own playlists, shuffling and so on. Also they love engaging with the software. Which one are you? Decide that and then go for the best of it. For example, if you belong to the FLAC camp, don’t waste money on a CDT/CDP, use it instead for the best DAC you can get for your money and invest a software like Audirvana or Roon.

Wharfedale Linton Heritage Speakers in Red Mahogany finish at a Special Offer Price. BUY now before the price increase.
Back